Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Term Two Opening Feast; Hogwarts

+6
Selena Snape
Luna Valkyrie
Elin Whiteraven
Katrina Lestrange
Jocelyn Immorta
Dellen Lestrange
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Term Two Opening Feast; Hogwarts  Empty Term Two Opening Feast; Hogwarts

Post by Dellen Lestrange Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 am

|| Note: We shall be making a very big announcement on Sunday evening, for now role play your entrance into the thread and enjoy the feast. This term shall be extended to allow us to enjoy our time together and our summer vacations, a new member of the month has chosen so if you have not already look below the Marauders map to see who it is, and to all of you, thank you for being here for joining us and seeing us into a new term. You may continue summer themed threads until saturday June Twenty Second. ||

The tables are shining and clean, the banners representing each house hang from the ceiling and candles float merrily overhead. Soft music plays from instruments without players, and the ghosts flutter about speaking amongst themselves. Students began to mill into the hall, the familiar scene giving them a sense of home. 

Dellen, stood at the doorway, her emerald corset and black dress giving her a dark look in the candlelight but at the same time, the woman trapped in time still seemed motherly and welcoming. 

Turning she looked at the nervous first years and offered them a calm smile, facing forward she held up her hands and the doors to the hall burst open, leading the two lines to the front the students eagerly and nervously following her billowing cloak. 

Stepping up to the dais the groundskeeper brings out a stool and she picks up the sorting hat. "Welcome" 

She says her voice silencing all conversation "To another year at Hogwarts, to our new students, you shall step forward and I shall place the hat on your head, once it has looked inside your mind and seen there is all to see you shall be sorted. Once you are sorted you may go to your houses table where your peers shall welcome you. Once the sorting is complete the feast shall begin" 

As each student was sorted she gave a wide grin to all but to the new members of her own house, the widest. Once the last student was seated the hat was taken to its home and she nodded to the headmaster who with a smile on his kind face and a wave of his hand, the feast began.
Dellen Lestrange
Dellen Lestrange
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Deputy Head Mistress of Hogwarts
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Term Two Opening Feast; Hogwarts  Empty Re: Term Two Opening Feast; Hogwarts

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 am

After a a summer vacation that was bordering mediocrity, Andromeda was awfully happy about being able to leave home for some time. Though the sorting ceremonies have seemed to gotten more tedious as the years passed, it was always entertaining to see the new wave of students pour in. I'll give them a few weeks, she would normally think to herself as she watched the lot of them step up to the sorting hat. Perhaps this year she might be able to take another student as her apprentice? Possibly, but time would only tell.

Andromeda snapped from her daze as the Thestral-drawn carriage came to a halt. Not many know, but a lot of the Black family has witnessed the deaths of older members, and their ability to comprehend the situation changed a lot of their personalities. Andromeda, the seemingly forgotten middle child, was practically independent on her own, so she learned to deal with the troubles. With her handbag resting on the joint of her arm, Andromeda strolled towards the school in a relaxed manner. She gave a nod to one of her elders who probably wouldn't by dying for quite some time, and possibly might outlive her. Andromeda hadn't really been a 'good' student her previous year here as she was in the first couple, but this term was sure to be different. I have to set an example. she thought to herself as she sat down at her usual spot at the Slytherin table. I can't get distracted again. Andromeda sent a formal wave at one of her acquaintances that was seated at another table and placed her bag on the available space beside her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:30 am

Another year at Hogwarts, Jocelyn had known a lot more about her and her family and she was happy to know that she had two of her brothers on Hogwarts even though they didn't know the news yet. Jocelyn walked into the great hall and to the direction of the Slytherin table, she searched for Achilles but couldn't find him yet, she seated herself at the other side of Andromeda Black, Jocelyn smiled shyly and then turned her head to the head table.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:35 am

Andromeda surveyed the rest of the table and spotted someone who had been obviously clandestine to her. "Jocelyn?" she asked in a loud whisper, "how have you been? I haven't seen you in a while." Andromeda knew it was best to be friendly, especially considering the troubles that Jocelyn was probably facing. It was easy to tell that she had gone through some stuff, just by the expressions on her face. Andromeda hadn't really kept up with what was going on in Jocelyn's life, but she recalled that in the beginning of the last year, she was caught up in some mess. She's probably staying away from us, anyway, since how Grandmother and Walburga were to her, she thought to herself when Jocelyn didn't give an immediate reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:49 am

Jocelyn looked at Andromeda. "i have been good so far." Jocelyn said to Andromeda in a formal way, she didn't know what to tell Andromeda about finding her real biological family and her abandon from the fake family who is Andromeda's her real family. Jocelyn just smiled at Andromeda. "How are you?" Jocelyn asked Andromeda just to change the topic.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:52 am

To be courteous, Andromeda gave Jocelyn an understanding nod. "Ah, that's good," she said back to her. Yep, she definitely is, she added in her mind. "I've been good, did you pass most of your classes last year?" she asked awkwardly. It was obvious, but it was something she could ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:02 am

"Yeahh i did luckily, i don't think i could have handled if i didn't pass and you?" Jocelyn asked her back. Jocelyn still looked around for Achilles before returning back to Andromeda.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:42 am

"Probably not. I kind of think someone would have tried to fight it for me. Just a hunch, though," Andromeda replied to Jocelyn happily. It was a miracle that Andromeda showed up so early, knowing her nature. She apparently had some luck on her this year, which could be a good sign. "Did you make any new friends?" she asked Jocelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina Lestrange Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:13 am

As soon as the first years were sorted and the great hall was buzzing with conversation, Celania removed herself from her houses table. It was something she always did. She made her way towards the Slytherin table and upon seeing two familiar faces she lightly bumped a younger Slytherin aside and sat. "Hey Jocelyn, Andrro, hope I'm not interrupting," she said by way of greeting with a grin on her face. "It's been a whilst, how're your summers."
Katrina Lestrange
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: St. Mungo's Volunteer
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Elin Whiteraven Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:17 am

Elin was quite happy to be back in Hogwarts after a long summer. She hadn't thought that it was possible to miss school, but there she was, excited to be back. She took a quick look at the new first-years. "They look quite capable of continuing Gryffindor's reputation," she thought, satisfied. Finishing up the last pieces of cake on her plate, she stood up and looked around to see if there was anyone she could talk to to spend her time. Glimpsing Celania talking to a pair of Slytherins at their table, she decided to go over. "Might as well get to know some new people," she thought, shrugging. "Hey, Celania," she said, greeting her with a smile and a wave. "Climb a lot of trees lately?" she asked with a grin, remembering how they had first met. Turning to the Slytherins, she said "Hi, I hope you don't mind me cutting in, I'm Elin, its a pleasure to meet you."
Elin Whiteraven
Elin Whiteraven

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina Lestrange Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

She looked up at the arrival of another person. "Hey Elin," she grinned widely at her new friend. She patted the seat beside her, a gesture for Elin to take the seat. She chuckled remembering thei meeting. "No, I decided to take the daring road and scale a cliffside. It's exciting really." She turned so that her back wasn't to the others. "This is Jocelyn and my cousin Andromeda."
Katrina Lestrange
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:54 am

Luna gallops on a black horse she borrowed, with Aurora holding her waist, face hidden with her white cloak. Luna hears Aurora's deep breathing, noticing she was fast asleep. She reaches the edge of the bridge seeing carriages filled with students. She pulls up her dark purple and black velvet cloak hood up to cover her face and looks on ahead, waiting for her chance to slip through a gap. The gap arrives and she gallops to the door and nudges Aurora awake. She jumps off and thanks Luna, grabbing her things. Luna hops off and the horse runs back home with a simple charm leading the way. She links arms with Aurora and pulls her inside, faces hidden and cloaks flowing in the slight breeze.

Aurora wandered off to her room to put her things away and Luna slowly walks in the hall for the opening feast. She sits down at the far end of the Hufflepuff table with an expressionless face. She takes off her cloak and puts on the chair beside her, pulling her black sleeves down and looking around to see who's here. She see's everyone talking and laughing, greeting them after a long holiday, Luna's eyes slightly roll and scoff causing some hufflepuff's to look at her funny. She just glares at them darkly, her normal bright and greeting mood seemed to be gone and replaced with one that doesn't want to be disturbed. She just pulls out what looked like a diary which was covered in dust and pages seemed to be ripped out of it. She reads it, eyes linked to the page, showing she really doesn't want to be disturbed until the food came. I'll talk then...when the food is here or when someone i actually like arrives. Hopefully soon...I missed them a lot. Going home wasn't the same...it was horrid, lonely and i just missed everyone. Achilles...Oh how i miss him and this term...I will do work. Can't fail and have to repeat a year. Aurora freaked that she has to. Luna laughs quietly at the memory of Aurora screaming at the letter. She feels the eyes of hufflepuffs look at her and she shifts to the very end of the table. She puts the book away and looks at the elders, nodding a hello and looks at a wall in a slight daze.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Andromeda watched her relative join their table and propped her head on the back of her hands. "How are you, kin?" she asked her informally with a warm wave of her fingers. She watched the Gryffindor join their table as well and nodded to her respectfully. "Benvenuti al tavolo a Slytherin, friend," Andromeda said to her with a hopeful smile and took her free hand and grasped an empty goblet to observe it. "What do I want? Hmm." She placed the goblet back onto the table and took a moment to make a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina Lestrange Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:23 pm

"Never better," she replied. "What about you? Walburga getting on your nerves?" She would have seen her cousins over the summer but she thought it bette to stay out of her aunt's path. If what she heard about Sirius was true then she wanted to stay well away from her for a whilst. "You should see if it'll fill with fire whiskey," she grinned wickedly. "It will save a great deal of trouble trying to sneak it in."
Katrina Lestrange
Katrina Lestrange
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Jocelyn looked at the other Black girl and nodded friendly at her but didn't give an answer instead she turned to Andromeda who asked her a question and nodded. "Yes i have met some people during the summer break." Jocelyn turned to the other tables and looked around. Why didn't she see Achilles somewhere, she had to speak with him.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Luna pulls out her black wand and puts an elbow on the table, leaning her chin on the palm. She fiddles with her wand causing tiny, harmless sparks to emit. She writes the name Achilles Grimm in the air with a small heart at the end of it, clearing it before anyone see's it. She makes random images with her wand with a faint blush on her face. She looks around watching everyone walking in, watching as their expressions change from dull to pure happiness as they see their friends again. Luna feels an familiar emotion; loneliness as she just watches people get reconnected.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Selena hurried into the Great Hall, buzzing with excitement. Finally, the break was over and she could join Hogwarts again. She had missed her friends over the summer and, even though she wouldn't admit it, she had also missed having classes and learning new things.
Looking around the hall, she tried to find a familiar face, but then just sat down next to some students. "Hi, you're Luna, right?" she asked a young Hufflepuff who she thought she remembered from last year. "I can't believe I'm finally back at the castle, I missed it so much." Selena said smiling.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Standing in the shadows, Severus observed the masses of people in the great hall with a frown on his face. He hated the start if year feast, as it was only about stuffing yourself silly while talking about nothing at all.
With a sigh, he stepped inside and walked over to one of the tables where he sat down next to a Gryffindor witch. "Hey Selena, good to see you again." he said, his voice low.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Luna looks up as she hears someone say her name. Her piercing blue eyes look at the girl, remembering her instantly from her potions class. She was speaking to Severus Snape as she recalled. She remembered her name; Selena Winters. ''Yes i am. Hello Selena.'' She smiles, not worried that she could've freaked the girl out by knowing her name. ''I missed it too but i guess i miss home already.'' She see's Severus sit down next to Selena and smiles. ''Hello Severus, I'm Luna Valkyrie. Nice to meet you both.'' She grins.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Andromeda gave a thoughtful nod to Celania before saying, "You're right, I'd had never thought of that." Andromeda let her finger twirl around the rim of her goblet before she inclined her head to the side to seemingly address the wall. "Kreacher," she started in a rhythmical voice and turned to retrieve her goblet. "Fill this with firewhiskey, please. Take Celania's too," she said as a small snap erupted from behind her. She handed the young house-elf behind her the first goblet and gave a goblet that was situated across the table to him. "Thank you," she added as she turned away from the now disapparating elf. A glimmer of sparks caught Andromeda's eyes and made them drift over to the Hufflepuff table. She could see that the word began with an 'A' or 'V', but couldn't catch anything else but a heart. "Ooh," she murmured to herself and laid her gaze back on Celania. "Thanks for the idea. He should be back soon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Selena beamed at the other girl when she remembered her name as well. "I can understand that, you must miss your parents, right?" she said nodding her head. "I don't miss anything really, maybe the sun... It was nice in London this summer and here up in the north it'S always a bit colder."
Turning her head when she heard a soft voice, Selena threw her arms around her friend. "SEVERUS!!!" she smiled happily at him. "I missed you. How are you doing?"
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Luna's eyes go down at the mention of missing her parents. ''I've missed my parents for a very long time..as my father left me and my mother passed away..'' She whispers. ''yeah! I went to London for a day and it was very sunny. The journey however was pretty cold.'' She watches as Selena hugs Severus, smirking slightly and then smiles at the two.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Severus wrapped his arms around his younger friend and pulled her against his chest. "We have just seen each other a few days ago, Selena." he exclaimed fondly. "But I'm glad to hear that I was missed." he winked at her and released her again. 
Then he turned to the other girl beside Selena. "Nice to meet you as well, Luna." Severus gave her a small smile, not yet sure why she would be friendly to a Slytherin like him, but he wouldn't question it. "So, I hope you had a pleasant summer?" he asked the two witches.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Selena's smile dropped when Luna talked about her parents and she sighed sadly. "I know what you mean...my mother died when I was really small, that's why I live in the orphanage in London. Hedwigs Home for children... maybe you have heard of it." she explained. "I don't even know my father." Selena shrugged, she often wondered if he was still alive or not.
Her smile came back when Severus hugged her back. "You're right, I enjoyed our afternoon together." she smirked at him and snickered.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Luna grins at the slytherin boy. ''It was okay...Could've been better though. How was yours, Severus?'' She wanted to be nice to him as he was able to be nice to a Gryffindor, why not a Hufflepuff that was different? She places her chin on the palm of her hands looking at them both. She hears what Selena says and smiles. ''I heard of it and that's horrible. Sorry for your loss.'' She smiles again, letting herself loose in front of these different people.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next