Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

The Morning After (Andrew)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Morning After (Andrew)  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Morning After (Andrew)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 pm

"You're most welcome, Lyra," Andrew said to her happily. As she grabbed his hand and pulled her toward the door, he wheeled himself to help her in pulling him along and steering his chair. "Where are we going?" he asked her lightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 pm

She led the way to the quidditch shop and pushed the doors open. A loud bang could be heard from the workshop in the back as she called out "Gideon!"

A red haired man stepped out from the workshop covered in woodchips and dust "Lyra! you've not been working in weeks how are you love?" she smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek "I'm doing okay...Gideon this is my friend Andrew Wood, Andrew this is my cousin Gideon Prewett, you might know his sister Molly Prewett"

Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Scholar
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Andrew wheeled himself slowly into the Quidditch shop, a pang of missing the sport he loved so much pricking his heart. But, she wanted to introduce him to someone. As the red-haired man, Gideon, came from the back and Lyra introduced them, he nodded his head and smiled, wheeling closer to them, "Pleasure to meet you, Gideon." When Lyra mentioned Gideon's sister Molly, he thought about if he knew her. "Molly? Yeah, I think I know her. Isn't she with that Weasley bloke?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Lyra nodded "Gideon hows mach seven going?" she asked as she grabbed the back of andrew's chair to keep him from rolling away. "So this is your inspiration" the older man mused with a wink.

Lyra kissed andrew ont he cheek then pushed him into the work room "I've been working for gideon since i was twelve, we occasionaly try to invent things and make new things. Usually my ventures don't always work but i have something that once I figure out how to stabalize it..well i'll let it speak for itself"

She stopped in a private corner of the workshop and pushed the curtain aside, on a work table surrounded by blueprints was a broom with leg braces and stabalizing units.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Inspiration..... Andrew echoed the word as he noticed Lyra put a hand on his chair, keeping him where he was. He smiled and looked up at her as she kissed his cheek and then proceeded to wheel him into the work room. Andrew thought about stopping her, but as she told him about her working in the shop and coming up with new ideas, he couldn't help but let her show him. She pushed him to a corner of the shop closed off by a curtain.

When Lyra pulled the curtain back, his jaw went slack and his brown eyes grew wide. He wheeled himself closer to look at the broom that looked as if it would be fashioned to allow someone like.....like him to fly again. "Oh, Lyra....." he said as he pressed his hands together and touched his first fingers to his lips. Andrew was speechless....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Lyra blushed furiously but in her excitement she pulled the contraption off her work table. Putting her cane aside she lifted it easily and walked onto the center of the floor. Sitting it on the ground she said "I made it so the rider so long as they have command of there waist and torso can use it" she said as she showed him the details that went into the leg braces. Gideon smiled "Be careful sweetie" he warned

She shot him a smile and sat down on the table "its enchanted sort of like a dragon you know? it gets to know you and your body its made so you pull it to you like this" she pulled the broom to her chest and the leg braces strapped onto her ankles grabbing her wand she used a spell to give her self paralysis and her legs became limp. "then using the broom like a crunch you stand" she pulled herself to her feet her dead legs twisted slightly under her small frame and the leg braces latched around her thighs and above and below her knees "you then simply trust the broom" she let herself fall forward and with perfect form she hovered on the broom, her limp legs held against the broom by the leg braces.

She turned the broom this way an that to demonstrate its moveablity when it began to shake violently in her hands. It bucked forward and almost tossed her into a wall before Gideon caught her. Taking the braces off she lifted the spell and smiled "i'm still working out that little glitch but...its almost done"

She turned to him nervously and knelt in front of him and took his hand "what do you think?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 am

Andrew simply watched as she showed him her invention. It was wonderful! Everything out it! Everything from the way the braces attached and supported her body and held them in perfect form to how the broom was, in theory, enchanted to learn and adapt to it's rider. He watched, stunned, as she hovered in perfect flying form on the broom for a few moments before being flung into her cousin's arms. He couldn't believe it....

As she knelt in front of him and took his hand, asking him what he thought, he didn't know what to say. Andrew felt the sting of tears in his eyes. She had given him hope.... Maybe one day he would be able to fly again. "It's wonderful, Lyra...." he said softly, emotion heavy on every word. Taking a steadying breath he smiled and touched her cheek. "It's one of the most wonderful things.....I've ever seen...... How did you come up with the idea?" he asked just as softly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:12 am

A blush wrose to her cheeks as she spoke nervously "i've been working on it since the accident..i was inspired by your plight to try to give you and others the ability to do what they love again. Once my broom is finished you could maybe even play again" she squeezed his hands tightly "I never thought I'd be able to show it to you though..you always seemed so angry at everyone i figured if i even tried to show it to you i'd end up hexed to pieces. Right now though its going to turn into a race against time to finish it" she looked over at Gideon who even from her vantage point she could tell faltered in his smile "I want to finish it before I go blind so I can see you fly"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:26 am

A single tear ran down his cheek as Andrew learned that his accident had been the inspiration behind this broom for people like him. The idea of being able to play Quidditch again made his heart soar, but really just being able to fly again would be good enough. No sense in hoping for too much.... "I'm sorry for my anger, Lyra. I was, still am, angry at the situation. But, since you've spoken to me as you did yesterday, I can feel my anger ebbing away," he sniffed and wiped the tear from his cheek. His brown eyes looked into hers as she said that now, they needed to finish it before her sight was completely gone. She wanted to see him fly again....

Andrew brushed a lock of hair from her face and then cupped it in his hands. "Can I help....help you finish it in time?" he offered. He didn't know how or if he could help, but if it meant that both their dreams could come true.....well, he wanted to help if he could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:30 am

"We'll see" she said with a smile she placed her hand over his she was so happy to be able to do this for him "But don't worry even If i can't see it will be finished"

"Lyra has became practically a master at building brooms blindly she does it often when she comes to work" Gideon chucklled as he placed Lyra's master piece on the work table.

Lyra blushed and got to her feet, she took a bottle of pills from her pocket and popped one in her mouth before taking a sip of water from the jug Gideon always had out.

Stretching she grabbed her cane "i need something to eat before I lose my mind, want to go to three broomsticks? we can discuss the broom some more"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:44 am

Andrew looked at Gideon as he told him about Lyra learning to build brooms without her sight. Slowly looking back at her Andrew was struck dumb. Here she was, losing something as precious as sight, and she wasn't just sitting around feeling sorry for herself. Lyra was out doing what she knew she could do, sight or not. It was just like she had said, you are only as weak and as big an invalid as you let yourself be. She was an inspiration.....

"It will be done in time for you to see it in action, Lyra. I want you to be able to see it...." Andrew said firmly. It was something he wanted for her so badly. Worse than wanting to fly again. Seeing her take a pill, which he assumed had something to do with her treatment, made him want it for her all the more. Lyra posed the question about food and Andrew nodded. "Let's go to there and get some lunch then," he said happily, his stomach answering with its own little rumble. "Gideon, thanks for helping her with this..." Andrew said with a smile, holding out his hand to shake his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 am

Gideon accepted the young mans hand with a chuckle "be good to our lyra alright? she's something else"

Lyra rolled her eyes and slipped her coat on before hugging her cousin. Holding her cane in her hand she helped Andrew navigate out of the work room he wouldnt crush his hands in the doors before they left. She stepped out into the sun and for a few moments stared at the giant fire ball unblinking.

She wanted to memorize how it felt to see the sun, how it felt to feel it burn her eyes. Blinking a few times to bring moisture back to them she placed a hand on andrew's shoulder and held her cane off the ground as they made there way to the inn.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:14 am

"Yes, she is something else," he said smirking up at Lyra. "I plan to," Andrew said in response to Gideon's request. He gladly accepted her help getting out of the work shop and took control of his chair as they exited. Andrew watched as Lyra simply looked at the sun, he wanted to see what she saw, and ended up looking away due to it's brightness. He tried to think what it must be like to know that in time you won't be able to see the things you love to see. When she looked away, and places her hand on his shoulder, he smiled and guided her to The Three Broomsticks.

As they entered, the steps turning into a ramp as the ones at the Quidditch shop had, Andrew wheeled in behind Lyra. "Pick a place," he said brightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:19 am

She followed the smell of fire to a chair by the fire place with a small table. She curled into the arm chair placing her coat on the back of it and her cane on the arm she settled into the seat comfortably "I never played quidditch you know, but I do love to fly I hope i wont lose that" she said suddenly breaking from her thoguths.
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:24 am

Andrew followed her and pulled up to the table next to her, locking his wheels. "I can see you loving to fly. Why didn't you ever play?" he asked. He didn't want her to lose the ability to fly. It was murder for him, he couldn't imagine was it was like for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 am

"I was to feeble they said" she chuckled "one good hit and im dead, but i'm not as fragile as i look"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:34 am

Andrew looked into the fire. "To be fair, one good hit and anyone could be dead. Look at me," he said. Looking back at her, he smiled. "I don't think you're fragile at all. In what I've seen just in the little while I've gotten to know you, you are one of the strongest people I know, Lyra. I mean that. What position did you want to play?" he asked.

The waitress came over and asked what they would like. Andrew ordered a turkey sandwich on wheat with a butterbeer. When she went to ask if it was separate ticket, he shook his head to let her know it was just one ticket. Then he motioned to Lyra so she could place her order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:37 am

Ordering butter beer and a salami pesto sandwhich she said "probably chaser I love to move fast and be in the mix of things"

"With the broom i need to figure out which enchantment will help me further tame the wood. I am using entwood which is literally a living tree but its not alive to consider murder. you only take entwood from the oldest of trees good long lives and then when they fall give them a new life. I found this one in the forest of dean and hand picked the tree i'd use" she explained "either a potion or spell should help me"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:30 am

Chaser... Andrew smiled. Lyra had the heart of a Chaser, just like him. As he listened to Lyra tell about the wood she picked for the broom, he was intrigued. Stunned, really, that she was making such a masterpiece. He would have never thought to use entwood to make a broom. "Is that why the broom adapts to the rider, as you said? Because you used that kind of wood, Lyra?" he asked. He tried to think what could be used to help tame the wood. "What have you tried already to stabilize the broom?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:56 am

"Indeed, that is why. i've tried every spell i can look up and pretty much short of swearing my life to it to make it want to relax" she said with a chuckle "it has to be the right combination of spells it can't be a temporary fix"

She ran a hand through her hair "i'll try a few theories and we'll see where it goes. hopefully the damn broom decides to like me"

As there drinks were brought to them she accepted her butter beer and sipped at it greatfully "where do you want to go next?"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:07 pm

As Lyra told him about how she had tried every spell she could think of without any luck and how she had to find a way to get the broom to like her, he had a thought. "Lyra, is it possible that the broom doesn't 'like' you because it knows you have no use for it? I mean, you can walk. You used a spell to make your legs not work. What if... What if the broom knows it's purpose and will only work for someone whose legs don't work," he offered.

Andrew nodded to the waitress as their drinks arrived. He took a drink thinking about her question. "Well, you said you needed something for Thane. Why not hit up one of the blade shops. If that is something he might be interested in. What do you think?" he asked, simply watching the firelight dance over her as they sat and talked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Lyra's brow furrowed as she considered his words "gods be good...i think your right" as she thanked the waitress and began to furiously eat her sandwhich she scratched out forumulas on her napkin with her pen while mumbling to herself. Reaching for another bite of sandwhich she brought her hand up and subsequently bit herself. Narrowing her eyes she discovered she'd eatten everything giggling she shook her head and said "i really think your onto something andrew, we need to test that out"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Andrew smiled as he watched Lyra eat her sandwich and feverishly work on some new formulas. Eating his sandwich he was blown away by how quickly her mind went to work with his theory. She really was a wonder. He shrugged at her comment. "I was just listening to what you said and it kind of came to me," he said, finishing his sandwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm

"Would you be willing to help test it out?" she asked smiling at him
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Andrew smiled and nodded. "I would. If it will help and make sure that you will get the chance to see it in action, I will," he said, unconsciously taking her hand in his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Grace Wood Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 pm

She squeezed his hand tightly smiling "we'll bother Gideon about it soon, i promise"
Lyra Grace Wood
Lyra Grace Wood
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:28 pm

"Fair enough," Andrew answered her. "Now, your other shopping. Where would you like to go?" he asked her. Before she got a chance to answer, Andrew's eyes traveled to a window and noticed a light snow was beginning to fall. He sighed slightly at the thought of how much colder it must have gotten outside to allow for snow to fall. "Actually, Lyra.... It might be better if we head back to the castle. Look..." he motioned to the window, "It's starting to snow." Andrew offered her a gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next