Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)

+7
Theodore Lupin
Carina Black
Nymeria Black
Archard Black
Regulus Black
Harry Black
Sebastian Grindelwald
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Empty 2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)

Post by Sebastian Grindelwald Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:28 am

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Latest?cb=20140720035204

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Giphy

The student's first glimpse of Hogwarts was from the boats that magically steered themselves across the black lake towards the boathouse at the base of the castle. Waiting at the boathouse stood Professor Potter, a small kind woman who greeted the students with a smile. Directing them up a set of stone steps she paused before a set of double doors. "Welcome to Hogwarts" she said unable to hide her broad grin "Before you can sit down you first must be sorted into one of four houses. There is Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff. One at a time your names will be called and the Headmaster will sort you." With that she held up her hands and the two large doors burst open and she led them into the hall...

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Bshcjc0_-_imgur

The students were greeted by warm candlelight and the sounds of the older students welcoming them. The cheers died down as the students approached the dais at the front of the hall, where a tall man with dark hair stood, Headmaster Sebastian Grindelwald. Professor Potter left the students in front of the steps and retrieved a scroll, from the table behind the headmaster.

"Welcome" began Headmaster Grindelwald, and with a wave of his hand a stool appeared with a old pointed hat sitting on the stool. "As Professor Potter calls your names you will step forward and I shall place the hat upon your head, and we shall what he has to say." At the mention of its name the Hat came to life and began to speak..

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Tumblr_nliyr83OHA1qlpk32o1_500

"For fifty years I did not speak,
Did not sit upon a head,
Lay dormant in the dust I did,
And I feared Hogwarts was dead,
Then came a day that I was found,
Beneath the rotting earth,
And I was brought back to this school,
To witness it's rebirth.

I've seen inside many heads in days of old and new,
I've seen the world outside these walls through the brains of all of you,
And troubled days lie ahead and the past is close at hand,
Hogwarts needs its students now to be united when they stand,
Four houses though so different are all so much the same,
They came together beneath these hallowed walls and they can do this once again,

Gryffindor and Slytherin have stood together its true,
Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw have fought to make the world new,
Hogwarts is more than four houses and a school,
Its a home to the brave, the cunning, the kind and the astute,

So place me on your head, lets see where you belong,
But as you began this new year take heed of my song,
Though today I sort you into a new home,
Remember that in Hogwarts no house stands alone."

The sorting hat's song complete the headmaster picked up the old worn hat and Professor Potter called the first name..
Sebastian Grindelwald
Sebastian Grindelwald
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Headmaster at Hogwarts
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Empty Re: 2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)

Post by Harry Black Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 pm

The promise of Hogwarts had always been in his mind, for years he had imagined the halls he'd be running around, the gigantic courtyards, quidditch, that although he didn't exactly play, was always fun to watch. The day had finally come and he and his sister embarked in the Hogwarts express along with their cousins Archard and Carina, and their great nephew Regulus. Reg, Arch and Carina already had a house, Slytherin, but Harry was sure he'd be sorted into his father's house, it just couldn't go any other way.

Entering the great hall, along with the rest of the first years, Harry stood in the front line next to his sister, when the song of the sorting hat began. Waiting impatiently he tapped his foot ready for the sorting to begin, and once Professor Potter picked up a scroll, he smirked, almost as if he knew Harry Black, his name was called, and he nodded at his sister, proceeding to climb up the stairs. A lot of eyes were on him, his name obviously having brought up his father in the minds of many, but Sirius Black was supposed to be dead...

Sitting on the bench, Harry was now serious, unwavering in his idea of being sorted into gryffindor. As soon as the hat was lowered it grazed his hair it began laughing out loud at his thoughts, as Harry balled his fists, What's so funny?! he inquired in his mind, as the sorting hat spoke, "Oooh my, I had no idea this was possible... and just like him you deny the house your family so often desired to be sorted into," the hat teased Harry growling not wanting him to reveal anything best left hidden, "Don't worry. I won't tell on you," the hat exclaimed before it began pondering where to place Harry. "I guess... since you're being so inflexible... GRYFFINDOR!" Harry smiled as he pounced from the bench the usual clapping filling the room as he moved to the gryffindor table finding it lacked anyone from his family, as his cousin Archard looked at him with a mocking smirk.

Sitting on the gryffindor table, he waited for the sorting to continue.
Harry Black
Harry Black

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)  Empty Re: 2059 Hogwarts Welcome Feast (Open to All)

Post by Regulus Black Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Sitting beside his cousins Regulus had been smiling beneath his cold exterior, glad he was now sitting with his family, rather than sitting alone like he used to. He was never victim of any bullying, his name bringing enough respect to him, but he still preferred to be alone, until he understood that he wasn't alone in the world with only a grandfather and great grandfather. He had cousins, a father still alive, a great uncle and aunt, his family was not as dead as everyone had cut them out to be. Seeing Harry being sorted into gryffindor however, made him grit his teeth, wondering if his great uncle would think less of him for being in the slytherin house.

Looking discreetly over at the gryffindor table as Harry sat down, he saw his kinsman throwing him a smile which he unconsciously returned...
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archard Black Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Watching as his cousin Harry was sorted into gryffindor, much like Sirius had been, Archard grinned as he shook his head. It was a pity he didn't come over to their house, but he was at least half expecting it anyway. Noticing Regulus react to it, Archard grinned mischievously and pat his back shaking the boy, "Look here sister," he called for Carina to look over, "Cousin is smiling, did you discover you could do that mate?" he mocked chuckling lightly afterwards.
Archard Black
Archard Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymeria Black Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:19 pm

Nymeria could barely contain her excitement, having been moving from one foot to the other the entire time they waited. Her eyes followed everything, trying to absorb the faces, the castle it was all so overwhelming and her pulse thrummed with the excitement of it all. She watched as her twin was sorted and unable to stop herself she clapped for him when he left for the Gryffindor table.

Her gaze was yanked back to Professor Potter as she called her name. Taking a deep breath Nymeria climbed the steps and sat on the stool, electing to close her eyes and listen close to the hat instead of stare at the faces around her.

"Whats this?" the hat groaned in her mind "two of you? My my this is unexpected. Lets see lets see....Ah but you are opposite of your twin, while the boy begged for gryffndor...whats this? you beg for slytherin." The hat tutted and she swore if he had a head to shake he would shake it. "Something tells me it would be wise to keep you twins together, Hmm perhaps a wildfire like yourself could bring class to our most reckless house. Better be-"

"GRYFFINDOR"

Nymeria's heart plumetted but then she looked at all the students cheering for her and she smiled, feeling better. Getting up she danced down the steps and jumped at harry flinging her arms around his neck before sitting at the table.

Sitting down she looked around the greathall feeling better now that was done. Catching sight of there relatives she waved to them.
Nymeria Black
Nymeria Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carina Black Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:23 am

Carina watched the sorting unfurl, her eyes following her cousins in hopes they may join her house but alas, the house of the Lion was where the Hat placed them. She sat beside her brother, and by another cousin, who they only recently discovered existed and heard Archard's voice call to her, her head whipping to face Regulus with an amused smirk. "Don't tease him, Archy...Just because you're incapable of smiling politely, doesn't mean you should tease our dear cousin." She said, patting her brother's hand with a mocking smile, sending a wink towards Regulus and stuck a lollipop into her mouth, having saved it from the train as she knew the sorting took forever.
Carina Black
Carina Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Black Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 pm

At the pat on his back Regulus bit back a growl that threatened to escape his throat, closing his eyes for a brief moment swallowing the anger dry. As his other cousin joined the conversation he understood that they were attempting to joke with their cousin, he had seen situations like that before where groups would mock one of their friends and everyone would share a laugh. But why? Why was it funny... "Thanks," he said to Carina, however his smile returned when he did. He didn't mind them, they were good people to him, at least for the moment...
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archard Black Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Chuckling at his sister and cousin Archard shook his head patting them both on the back this time with a bit more of strength "Shush you two, we're family, if I can't tease you guys who can I tease?" he asked rhetorically however he was clearly amused and glad that he was between family, though he had to be honest to himself, Regulus and his sister seemed to be closer than Archard and Reg, and he wasn't enjoying that one bit, Carina was his sister, so if Regulus wished to become close to her he'd first have to gain Arch's trust. Just like Harry and Nymeria would have to do, just like everyone had to do...
Archard Black
Archard Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carina Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 am

Carina was pleased to see Regulus smile, feeling a little better that she was able to make sure Archard's teasing didn't really affect him all that much. Whilst her brother was amazing, he had a not so gentle nature that comes off as intimidating when it came to everyone, but her. She let out a growl into her brother's ear, his patting on the back having not hurt her but managed to poke at the fiery temper in her belly. "You can tease Hufflepuffs, my dear brother. Not family." She said, raising a sharp eyebrow and nudged him with her elbow jokingly. Teasing the hufflepuffs was her favourite past time, especially the first years as the little squeals of surprise and fear were like music to her ears. She came across as sweet, but if allowed, she'd hardly mind maiming someone and would quite frankly enjoy it. 

She moved her legs so they sprawled across Archard's and beamed a grin at Regulus. "So, tell me Regulus, do you remember what the sorting hat told you when you were being sorted? Perhaps another house you could've been apart of?" Carina questioned, having realised in her first year that no one really spoke about what the Sorting hat said to you in the midst of your sorting. She asked a few people but they were sorted straight into their house and there was no other option for them. She quickly got bored of them and only now chose to ask those she deemed interesting and since Regulus was some mystery family member like Archard and herself, she just had to ask.
Carina Black
Carina Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Lupin Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Ted was not the one to particulary care about the opening feast and he was all ready to spend it in his dorm. But then he remembered that this time there was someone to go there for. Not to mention his annoying cousins were getting sorted. He could see those two in Gryffindor and was not surprised that he came in just to see exactly that happen. He was a bit sad, he had hopes for Nymeria to follow the Gaunt family tradition at least, but oh well. With a smirk he crossed half the hall, not really caring who noticed him. He was Theo Lupin, practically the king of this school. If professors felt like commenting, he had a few remarks back.

It made him chuckle to see the looks of quite a few girls, but he was set on only one. He rarely showed affection in public for any kind of girlfriend he ever had. In fact, it was usually them who felt like showing him. But with Carina, he felt different. He wanted the World to know and he was not going to be stopped by anyone. Approaching her, he sat next to her half way, grabbing her waist and bringing her to his chest. "Now, now, should I be jealous here?" he teased into her ear.
Theodore Lupin
Theodore Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Carina Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Carina stuck the lollipop back into her mouth, occasionally smiling up at Archard hoping that if she did it long enough, he'd crack a smile. Whilst he was her only brother, she knew he was the greatest and whenever they were alone, and their walls were down, she'd tell him just that. He deserved to know just how much she loved him because all he ever did was protect her and look after her. Her ears perked up slightly, hearing the annoying murmurs of girls at the sight of someone attractive and she slowly turned with a bored expression forming on her face. She then smirked at seeing Theodore completely ignore them, making his way towards her and pull her closer. It made her legs fall off Archard's leg, to which she pouted but she looked up at Theodore with a small smile. "Of course not, silly. This is my brother, Archard. He was busy sleeping instead of coming to the gathering." She said, shooting a scolding yet joking glance towards her brother.
Carina Black
Carina Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archard Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Now, now, should I be jealous here? ... Archard had been silent allowing Regulus and his sister to talk with him there, it made him feel respected that they'd continue their conversation in his presence, and lowered the threat Regulus had initially came across as. But now, a man he knew well had swung his arms around his sister in his presence, just like that, no questions asked, which made the oldest of the Black children slam his fist into the table in an erupting rage, "Who the fuck is this?!" he rose to his feet his hand around his sister's wrist as he pulled her away from the other man bringing her to his chest, as he looked down into her eyes. Was this supposed to be her boyfriend? And she hadn't told him about it? They shared everything and she would think that was information that would be best hidden away? "Answer me... Carina..." he demanded.
Archard Black
Archard Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Before he could answer his cousin, Archard had stirred up commotion in the slytherin table "Cousin" he spoke to the older man as if they had always been close, not because he was used to talking to him like that, but it simply came out. Planting his hand on Archard's shoulder, Regulus' eyes were wide open, they didn't need trouble for their family just yet, "Keep it down," he whispered into Arch's ear loud enough only for Carina to hear as well.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Lupin Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Theo was so surprised by the sudden outburst of his cousin, that he couldn't even find the possible anger about his beloved being taken out of his arms. Instead, he just raised eyebrow at his classmate and housemate, quite amused by the situation. "I am you cousin, I believe. Well, possibly your uncle, we all know how messed up our family is, but still," he pointed out, not quite understanding the whole issue. "I believe me and Carina are dating for a few weeks now," he added.
Theodore Lupin
Theodore Lupin
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carina Black Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Carina paled visibly at seeing her brother's sudden reaction and fought the urge to flinch at his anger, that was so alike her own. She fell into her brother's chest, her usual place to go whenever they were at home as she could hardy sleep without knowing he was close but it was so different now, and she stared up at him apologetically. She then stared towards Theodore with sharpened eyes, warning him to be quiet and looked back up at Archard, her eyes turning soft. "I'm sorry, Archard, but this is why I hadn't told you. You know how protective you get and despite the fact that I love that about you, I just wanted a little chance with someone without you sharpening your knives in the background." She said, raising her eyebrow as she tried to remind him of the last time someone admitted they liked her before staring down at her hands. "This is Theodore Lupin and yes, we've been seeing each other since Regulus was announced to the family."
Carina Black
Carina Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archard Black Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Gathering his strengths he attempted to control his anger so he didn't knock out the bastard who was also, an insult to injury, part of his family. He however would not leave knowing his sister would return to Theodore's arms, and Regulus was right, that wasn't the place for him and Carina to speak about the matter, "We're leaving," he uttered to his sister, knowing she'd understand fully the reasons he wanted to both leave and take her with him.
Archard Black
Archard Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Potter Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:20 am

Stepping inside the great hall Albus' eyes were widened at the beauty of the place; unlike his father when he first entered hogwarts, Albus was used to being magical, and it took much more to wow him, but he had to admit Hogwarts nailed it. Standing with the first years, he watched his mother speak with pride, a small smile on his face, seeing her do her job, Harry Black, his mom called the name and the boy watched as another child his age sat on the bench and the hat was placed on his head. Despite the ramblings of the hat, Albus didn't quite get who he was referring to when speaking of Harry, Gryffindor, he heard, already crossing his fingers so his house would be the same. He wanted to be just like his mother and father, and be in gryffindor...

Nymeria Black, his mother then called and it suddenly hit him, that last name, his mother had spoken to him regarding the patriarch of the family, Sirius Black, his father's and his own godfather and of his deeds and how he always fought in the name of Harry Potter. Gryffindor, yet again the sorting hat screamed the house Albus so desperately wanted to enter, "Albus Potter" his mother called for him suddenly the great hall went silent at the last name. When it was about Hermione Potter everyone understood, she had been married to Harry so she carried his name, but now a child with that name, it could only mean one thing.

Albus climbed up the stairs sitting on top of the bench he stared at the crowd of students before him. "Oh my..." the hat exclaimed with sadness, the memory of Harry Potter and his fate clouding his mind, "I wasn't expecting this. After all these years, he had a child..." the sorting hat continued to mumble as Albus continued with his fingers crossed hoping to be put into gryffindor the hat knowing all too well, "After this sort of information it would be only right of me to place you in .... Gryffindor!" the hat roared as Albus pounced happily from the bench claps filling the room as he sat beside the Black siblings at the gryffindor table, where his father had sat many years before...
Albus Potter
Albus Potter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermione Potter Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Hermione's proud smile was unmistakeable as she watched her son rush over to the gryffindor table. Unable to restrain her pride she clapped along with her house. "Oh harry you'd be so proud" she thought to herself.
Hermione Potter
Hermione Potter
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs: Professor of Magical History
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nymeria Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Clapping and cheering with the rest of the house Nymeria turned to Albus her grin wide, "Hey Al! I'm Nymeria, this is my twin Harry, our parents are friends with your mum, we are practically family" she said her legs swinging from the bench.
Nymeria Black
Nymeria Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carina Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Carina was, at this moment in time, unsure of what to do. She grew up with her brother being the light of her life and the only one she looked up to and now, he was angry at her and her relationship with Theodore. Seeing the look in his eyes and the tone in his voice, she slowly stood with her head bowed, glancing towards Theodore. "I will speak with you soon." She told him, her firm voice promising and she laced her fingers with her brother's, beginning to tug him in hopes that he'd follow without saying a single word to Theodore. "Sorry about this, Regulus. I had wanted to give you a nice family like first day back but I guess that will have to wait. I'll see you soon." She said, her tone turning soft towards her cousin and began to pull Archard out of the great hall, where she'd surely be shouted out and reminded that she was his sister, and shouldn't really be speaking to other people. Especially men.
Carina Black
Carina Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorelei Proctor Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Lorelei was up next after Albus Potter, the son of two legends, and she could already feel people's boredom and lack of interest when her name was called. She knew it'd be more powerful spoken out in America, where her family was attached to the Salem Witch Trails but here, it meant nothing. She was alright with that, sort of and sat down, the hat already being placed upon her head. It took a while to speak, it humming a song she hadn't heard in a while but it was familiar enough to strike up some memories of her childhood. It was songs her mother sang when she bandaged her wounds from climbing trees and running in the woods with her father, or even before bed. It displayed her personality open for the Sorting Hat to examine and after contemplating Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, for some odd reason, he still yelled out 'GRYFFINDOR!'. 

Lorelei sighed in relief, having wanted to be in this house from the start and as she ran down the steps, members of the house shook her hand and tugged at her arms excitedly, congratulating her and she fell into the benches. "Sorry!" She called out to the people beside her that she bumped and held out her hands to the freshly sorted students, a beaming smile on her lips. "Hi! I'm Lorelei...and from the looks of it, you guys are mighty impressive." She said, gesturing to the people watching them with curiosity but her lopsided smile never faded.
Lorelei Proctor
Lorelei Proctor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

More gryffindors were thrown into the bench beside him but his eyes settled on the son of Harry Potter, the man whose name he shared. Approaching him Harry inspected the boy comparing him to pictures of Harry he had seen, "Eh... I say you do look like him," Harry teased with a smile on his face, winking at the girl who just sat down beside them to show that he knew he was impressive.
Harry Black
Harry Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Potter Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Despite the great hall being filled with people, Albus' eyes had been focused on his mother as he had sat down. Once he caught her eyes he smiled happily at her to show that he was already enjoying Hogwarts, and his house mates too as Harry had complimented Albus' and his father's resemblance. "Thank you..." he smiled, before looking at the girl, Lorelei, she said her name was, he thought as he shook his head, "Nothing you can't match Lorelei, we're all gryffindors, we have to be impressive ," he continued to grin with pride.
Albus Potter
Albus Potter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archard Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Turning on his foot as his sister pulled him along Archard threw a hard glare at the man, this was far from over, especially knowing Carina would come back to see him. He decided not to speak should he regret later what he would have said, and if the man was family he'd try to settle it accordingly. Walking out of the great hall with his sister he beamed at her and continued walking towards the lake where they'd talk alone...
Archard Black
Archard Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Regulus Black Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Watching his cousins leave the great hall Regulus sighed but he would definitely not go after them, he wasn't a dog that would follow those two around, he had his own life and privacy. Remaining seated, he looked at Theodore and couldn't hold a sarcastic chuckle, "Family, huh," he grinned at the other man.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next