Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Blue Skies, White Highs (Oliver)

2 posters

Go down

Blue Skies, White Highs (Oliver) Empty Blue Skies, White Highs (Oliver)

Post by Vincent Hapburn Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:17 am

Vincent hummed under his breath as his quill moved across the page, words leaking out of its tip. He loved the scratching of metal against paper, loved the delicate pooling of ink at the end of each word. He simply loved writing. There was no better pastime. He munched absently on a pumpkin pasty and admired the sky's reflection on the lake as he waited for more words to come to him. Part of him wished he had a piano to play, but he hadn't seen one anywhere in the school, and had no idea where to find the Room of Requirement. He'd heard of it, of course, but he didn't know where on earth it was, or how it technically worked.

Vincent snapped his attention back to his book and his snack. He spaced out far too easily. This time, he'd gotten so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't notice the person standing beside him until an uncomfortable amount of time had passed. When he finally did notice, he nearly jumped out of his skin. "Jeez Oliver when did you get here?"
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Blue Skies, White Highs (Oliver) Empty Re: Blue Skies, White Highs (Oliver)

Post by Oliver Jones Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am

Oliver had been walking around outside it was a nice day and he enjoyed it. He then saw Vincent and tried to be quiet leaning against one of the trees just watching. He then noticed him and Oliver chuckled "for about five minutes not that long" he then took a seat beside the ravenclaw and raised a eyebrow. "Whatcha writing there?" He asked pointing to to the quill and book. He watched Vincent, Oliver didn't want to push himself into anywhere he wasn't meant to be so he had always been careful about what he said and what he asked. "You don't gotta tell me I'm only curious" he told the boy leaning back on his own hands watching Vincent.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:13 pm

"That's a little creepy, don't you know," Vincent pointed out with a smirk. "I don't really care though. I'm not writing about much right now. Just describing the scenery. It's always good to practice. Don't ever worry about being curious, Oliver. The world is a curious place, and it demands your attention at all times. Those who give you a hard time don't appreciate things like you and I do." He had noticed that about many people; they were afraid to ask questions. Where was the fun in life if you never asked questions, never investigated, never learned. The world was beautiful, and it deserved to be discovered.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Oliver chuckled and then shrugged "so how did everything with Sophia go after I left? You two hit it off?" He laughed as he elbowed Vincent laughing a lot. He then smiled and ran a hand though his hair "eh I've always been like that my sister is the more outgoing of the two of us" he smiled "you would never guess we're twins by just looking at us. We may be two peas in a pod but we are very different from one another" he smiled at Vincent and sighed laying back "nice out today don't ya think" as he laid down his shirt pulled up but Oliver being Oliver was to lazy to pull up so the lower half of his stomach showed. "So you like to write? Have you ever wrote like stories?" He asked raising a eyebrow.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:58 am

Vincent groaned. "Honestly, I don't even want to talk about it. We have a lot we need to work out. She's jealous of you, which is really irritating. Part of me wants to give her a demonstration of what she can be jealous of. Just to show her that me talking about being boyfriends in a joking manner with my arm around your shoulder isn't anything to be jealous of. Now I could understand her reacting like that if I made out with you on the spot, but that would be weird." He eyed the rather large expanse of skin revealed by the lifted shirt hem, and lost his train of thought. His tongue kept trying to stutter out words for a second or two before his brain reined it in and helped him form coherent words.

"I've written a few short stories. No novels, but I've got one in the works. I, um... I do a lot of... I mean I write a lot of poetry. I like short stories better, but I've got a decent amount of poetry." Damn people and their ability to make him stutter and lose focus. He did that enough on his own without people flirting or being unintentionally suggestive and making him stutter ten times more. He almost wanted to pull Oliver's shirt down for him, but that would be even weirder than asking about it, which was already a terrible idea. So he sighed and pointedly stared at Oliver's face. Perhaps a little too intensely.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:34 am

Oliver nodded ever so often and when he looked up he laughed "what do I got something on my face your staring is pretty intense Vincent" he chuckled and sat up his shirt going back down. He then smiled "eh Sophia seems like the type of girl to get jelouse over anything." He laughed and shook his head. He then stretched before laying back down his shirt falling up again he then shivered "stupid shirt never stays down" he muttered but he made no attempt to move it. He looked up at the sky and smirked. "I'm sure all your writing is good Vincent. You seem like a good writer" he looked at him by tilting his head sideways and flashed a smile.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:13 pm

"Girls are a lot more trouble than I expected," Vincent grumbled. His grumbling ended very quickly when Oliver complimented his writing. "How would you know if my writing is good? I mean you've never read it... or anything..." Vincent trailed off, the compliment getting to him. Very rarely did people ever say something good about his writing. It wasn't that people said bad things, though. Most people just said nothing at all. And there goes the shirt again, he thought as red bloomed on his face.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Oliver looked up and smiled "I don't know I just got this feeling" he smiled and then looked at him raising a eyebrow. "Your blushing why?" He asked sitting up tilting his head to look at him better. "Eh for some reason girls have never been a problem for me" he smiled and leaned back on his elbows. "I don't know why but just girls have never been my problem besides my sister of course but I love her I don't know what I'd do with out her. What about you Vince? You got any siblings?" He smiled tilting his head woundering he wanted to know more about Vincent but not in a stakerish kind a way he didn't want to seem like Sophia.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Vincent turned towards Oliver, leaning back and propping himself up on one elbow. "What do you mean, girls aren't a problem for you?" He was quite curious now, especially with that smile Oliver had followed up with. "But I do have a younger brother and a younger sister. My brother doesn't have magic, but my sister does. She'll be here soon enough."
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Oliver shrugged "I don't know I've never dated anyone and girls never seem to fall for me so I've never had girl troubles and I've never fallen for anyone before, I couldn't even tell you what love felt like, well I could tell you what like brotherly love felt like but I can't tell you what it feels like to fall in love with someone" he smiled and shrugged. "And that's cool that your sister will be here soon enough, my sisters a pain in the ass but we're twins so I don't know what it's like to not have her" he chuckled smiling.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:44 am

Curiosity sated, Vincent leaned back onto the grass, tucking his hands behind his head. "I couldn't tell you what it feels like to be in love either," he said. "I've never been invested in anyone. Sure I've liked people, but not love. Not yet. I think one day I'll find someone, but who really knows. I may be too romantic for my own good. Have you at least met someone you've taken a liking to? As more than a friend, obviously."
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 am

Oliver nodded a bit as he listened. He then smiled and shrugged "I guess I like this one person" he chuckled "but it's still a bit weird for me to figure out" he smiled softly and looked up at the sky sighing a bit, he then turned and looked at Vincent raising a eyebrow "you have your eye on anyone?" He asked flashing a smirk before going back to staring at the sky just relaxing a bit.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Vincent leaped at that bit of information. "Aren't you going to tell me?" he demanded, leaning far into Oliver's personal space. "You can't leave me hanging like that. I honestly like two people right now, as bad as that sounds. I'll tell you one if you tell me who you like." He winked to conclude his challenge, then leaned back with a satisfied smirk on his lips.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Oliver laughed and shrugged "it's confusing because I may sorta like two people but idk but one of them is well you met her the other day her name is Antares" he told Vincent and sighed a bit he looked up "ok now tell me yours" he smiled and looked up at the boy raising a eyebrow "come on is it Sophia?" He asked laughing a bit and messed win Vincent's hair Just to bug him.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:50 am

"Antares?" Vincent said, repeating the name just to make sure it had settled in his mind. He remembered her well enough, although honestly his memory could use a bit of a refresher course. He liked her when he first met her, but their second encounter was far less pleasant. As for the person he liked, well... "It's definitely not Sophia," he stated, slight annoyance tinging his voice. "I don't know if you know Violet Snape, but..." Vincent trailed off awkwardly, then recovered enough to defend himself, as unnecessary as it was. "But we're just friends right now! I like her better as a friend, you know? I'm not making any moves or anything. So what about your other person? Willing to share?"
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Oliver nodded and then sighed laying back stretching "fuck I hate my shirt" he muttered as it fell up again. "It's to small for me" he muttered and to prove his point he raised his arms. "See?" He asked and sighed before just giving up and throwing his shirt away. He sighed softly and laid back down throwing his feet over Vincent's legs laughing. He then nodded "ya I know her well no I don't but still" he smiled and sighed he then chuckled "naw the second person is complacted idk how bout this I shared first last time you tell me your second crush and I'll tell you mine" he chuckled softly.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:21 pm

The corners of Vincent's lips lifted slightly. "So you know of her." He squinted in suspicion of Oliver's excuses, then tossed his head away from the Hufflepuff. For dramatic effect, of course. "Well my second one is complicated too. I'm sure you can't be any worse off than I am. I don't think he even swings that way." A wry smile grew on one half of his face as he thought more about it. How ironic; here he was, telling the guy he liked that he would tell him that he liked him if he was sure he was interested in men. Sounds like a romance novel, he thought, and cringed inwardly. He hated romance novels.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Oliver chuckled and shrugged "eh well you never know unless you ask him" he chuckled "so come on just tell me Vincent who do you like" he leaned up raising a eyebrow. He smirked and shook his head "trust me mines very confusing" he laughed softly then made a puppy dog look "please" he asked and smirked laying back his legs still on Vincent's he sat up and set his hands in his lap but his legs were still around Vincent he was to lazy to move them. "Come on" he poked his chest "just tell me not like I'm gonna tell him" he laughed and shrugged.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Vincent laughed. "It's not so much of an issue of you telling him. The problem is that I'll be telling him and I don't think I'm ready for that." He really, really hoped Oliver got the hint, because he had no desire whatsoever to spell it out...
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Oliver chuckled then froze. "Wait what?" He looked up his eyebrow raised. "Wait do..." His mind was putting puzzle pieces together trying to figure out what was going on his finger went back and forth from point to Vincent to pointing to himself. He then laughed loudly "OHHH I feel dumb now" he chuckled and his face was bright red and he smiled looking at him smirking. "You like me?" He smirked "well then" he chuckled softly. He laughed again and then grabbed his chin smirking. "You could have just told me" he kissed his cheek laughing. He got up and stretched a bit grabbing his shirt "by the way I don't know what way I do swing. Right now I'd go for anyone" he smiled and leaned down "even a hot Ravenclaw like yourself" he smiled. "Next time just tell me, you would be surprised" he leaned down in front of his face "by the way if you didn't get the hint I like you as well Vincent" he smiled and didn't move for a second before he stood up fully and got ready to walk away his shirt in his hand still.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:09 pm

It was nice outside, sure, but Vincent certainly didn't know when it got so damned hot. Flames completely consumed his face, or at least that's what it felt like. He wanted to throw something at Oliver, but he didn't have anything besides his notebook. And there was no way he was throwing that. So he threw his shirt, laughing as it wrapped around the back of Oliver's head. "You deserve that," he said, pretending to be indignant. His whole demeanor suggested everything but resent or irritation, however.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Oliver laughed and grabbed the shirt and walked to him shaking his head. "Aww someone's blushing" he chuckled softly and wrapped a arm around his waist pulling him closer. "Is someone embarrassed" he chuckled softly and leaned down. He smirked and ran a hand though Vincent's hair laughing he liked teasing him it was fun. He leaned down so he was inches from his face. "Your adorble" he smiled and pecked his lips before walking backwards and spinning and jogging off laughing a bit. He didn't go to far though just to a tree before he jumped up and climbed into the tree.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Well that.... had escalated quickly. Vincent stood there dumbly, barely even registering that Oliver had just run off and climbed into a tree. His fingers skimmed his lips, trying to figure out if the tingling was in his head or if something was wrong with his mouth. That was his first kiss... Well, his first real one. Kissing your best friend when you're five doesn't count.

It was a few more moments before he regained his composure, but when he did, he was after Oliver like a dog after a squirrel. "Obviously I'm embarrassed, you ass!" he shouted, struggling around his laughter. "It's not every day that a shirtless guy grabs me and kisses me! In fact, that's the first time. You stole my first kiss, Oliver!" And he wasn't angry at all.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Jones Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Oliver laughed watching him he swung down hanging on one of the branches by his legs. "Well I'm glad I took it" he laughed softly he watched him and smirked "you know you loved it" he laughed softly and just hung there laughing softly. "Soooo you gonna try to climb up here or do I have to come down" he chuckled softly. He then smiled "Awww is someone embarrassed that I'm shirtless and kissed him" he chuckled softly and swung back and forth laughing for a moment. He watched Vincent before Oliver swung himself back up and sat on the branch.
Oliver Jones
Oliver Jones

Character sheet
Blood Status:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down