Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

From the Shadows we Rise (only for Order Members)

+6
Tatsu Savage
Astoria Greengrass
Ian Mortinson
Sithon Macnair
Endymion Snape
Neville Longbottom
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

From the Shadows we Rise (only for Order Members) - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Shadows we Rise (only for Order Members)

Post by Astoria Greengrass Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:48 am

Astoria grinned and said, “that they will. All of us will.” She watched as a few other duels started as well, and she pulled her wand from the pocket of her cloak, holding it a little unsteadily in her left hand which made it obvious that she wasn’t used to it. Glancing back at him, Astoria smiled again and brushed her the knuckles that were around her wand against his arm. “It’s alright,” she said softly, avoiding yet another question, “it’ll grow back. It’s just going to take a couple more weeks. They said it may never work quite the same again, so that’s why I snuck of out here. Aside from the fact that it starts to feel like the Hospital Wing itself is killing you after a while. Don't worry about it, yeah? I'll be able to fight again in no time.

Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

From the Shadows we Rise (only for Order Members) - Page 2 Empty Re: From the Shadows we Rise (only for Order Members)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:08 pm

"Hello, Lavender, I hope you don't mind having me as a partner." Luna smiled warmly at the other girl, happy to see her evade both of her spells, but did not wait to be hit with one either, so she raised her wand in one smooth motion and cast a Protego to block the spell. Then she pointed her wand at a boulder behind Lavender and cast "Bombarda!" causing it to erupt and spit debris everywhere. Luna was still protected by her shield, but hopefully, Lavender would be distracted by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Not at all,” Lavender said honestly, glad that it had been Luna who had decided to attack her, “you’re definitely a challenge, which is good.” Watching the Ravenclaw cast a brilliant protective shield, Lavender was ready to attack again. She turned her head slightly as a boulder behind her exploded, showering her with chucks of rock. Shaking them off without a lot of thought, she turned back to Luna. “Your shield is wonderful, Luna!” she called, throwing her arm out in front of her, “Impedimenta!
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 pm

"Thank you, I think that a good defense is the best way to win a duel." Luna said thoughtfully, watching the other girl curiously. It was always most interesting to see how different her friends dueled, some relying on pure strength, others on cunning and from all of them, she tried to learn the best. "You are very perseverant, Lavender, that is great, you don't let yourself easily be distracted by my little tricks." she continued, smiling slightly.

That meant, that she had to adjust her technique as well. Maybe something more forward? Momentarily distracted by her own thoughts, Luna did not see the next spell heading her way before it had almost reached her and the shield she put up in the last moment did not stop the force of the spell from pushing her backwards. "Oh!" she called out in surprise and chuckled softly. "You almost got me there!" Luna laughed, but fell right back into the duel. "Everte Statum!" she called out, her wand pointed at Lavender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Snape Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Mio had been watching the other students interact for a while, grinning at Hermione and Lavender when they joined as well, but when Neville attacked, he quickly moved into action, his wand moving in a fluent motion to create a golden shield in front of him. Not waiting for the disarming spell to be blocked, he leapt at his friend, tackling him to the ground with his wand pointed into his stomach. “Stupefy!” he said, smirking down at the other Gryffindor.
Endymion Snape
Endymion Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sithon Macnair Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Sithon looked around for a good partner and spotted a Hufflepuff girl, so he bounced over to her, bowing slightly. “May I have this duel, Miss Tonks?” he asked her, holding his wand between his teeth as if it was a rose during a Tango while beaming at her.
Sithon Macnair
Sithon Macnair

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Ian stepped back again, closer to her till they were standing almost nose to nose as he leaned in. “It’s not alright.” He growled, though he realized that she did not want him to make a scene right now. He also was quite relieved to hear that the arm would grow back and she would not be this badly off for the rest of her life, but it was still painful to see her like this. “You won’t tell me who did this to you?” Ian asked again, hoping that she would spill it after all, so he could pay the asshole a visit. Reaching up, he took her hand into both of his and kissed her knuckles softly, making up his mind that support was now more needed than rage. “Your arm and hand will function again, they’re as strong as you are, of that I have no doubt, but till then, I fear I can’t let you out of my sight.” He said, cracking a small, but cheeky smile at her.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Lavender definitely agreed with Luna, that defense was almost always the best option. But sometimes, it didn’t work as well, and so it was important to be able to perform offensively as well. “I almost was!” Lavender called back happily, feeling some of the tension from the past few weeks fade during their duel. She knew that this was a much healthier way to let the build up emotions out, and she also knew that she wouldn’t hurt Luna. Watching as the Ravenclaw stumbled, she almost halted her attack. Almost. What did halt her, however, was Luna’s next spell, which knocked her back a few steps until she was surrounded by small rocks. Waving her wand, she said, “Avis! Oppungo!” Watching the flock of birds burst from her wand, and then aim their attack at her opponent, Lavender considered her next move.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:51 pm

"Oh! Birds!" Luna exclaimed happily when suddenly a few dozen animated animals came flying towards her, she had not much time to enjoy looking at the pretty creatures though, as they immediately started to attack her, picking at her skin when she raised her arms in defense. Waving her wand in a complicated motion, she called out "Finite Incantatem", though the spell she actually cast, was a nonverbal stupefy which headed towards her opponent while she got rid of the birds. "It's a pity that we can't have them to play with..." Luna commented dreamily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Astoria let out a breath, knowing that her usual nonchalance wasn’t likely to work with Ian. So, instead she said, “no, it isn’t alright. But until the war is over, this is reality.” And it was. She was not the only one who had been hurt since they had been sent back to the school, and she knew she wouldn’t be the last. No matter how much any of them wished that the world was the same as it had been before, the only way they could change it was to fight, and that was why they were there in the clearing. “No. One of them used to be one of my closest friends,” she explained, wishing that she could but knowing that she wouldn’t, “but it’s not worth it even if they weren’t.” Astoria returned his smile, hoping that he would turn out right. After brushing a chaste kiss to his lips, she lifted her hand, holding her wand. “So, will you duel with me? Just in case,” she asked, before adding, "you can swap out to practice properly after a little while, of course, since I won't be much of a challenge."
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

House : Slytherin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:37 pm

SO David was late.. as always. God sometimes he could kill his watch.. of course his watch had died.. so you know... kinda pointless to kill something that was already dead. So he was left coming in in the middle of practice. he didn't want to make a scene of entering, so he climbed a tree and jumped from tree to tree in his Lynx form before leaping down into the clearing where the rest of the order were.

His eyes found Lavender dueling Luna and he mewed quietly, finding it nice to see her engaging in stuff. He then shifted back into his human form and leaned against a tree, wand in hand, watching everything unfold.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Hermione spun out of the way as the curse smashed into a tree sending bark flying. Her pony tail following her in a shimmer of curls, she smiled at Tatsu "Good but use more convinction so your opponent cant move out of the way" she advised. Her wand high she sent a petrifocus totalus spell flying at the slytherin.

--Tonks--
Nymph watched the others dueling and turned to Sithon as he proposed to her like asking for a dance. Smiling she feigned a cursty "Why it would be an honor Mr. Macnair" and held her wand at the ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Standing on the highest point of the clearing Harry looked down at the rest of the student members of the order, training effortlessly. This would all be for nothing, the order did not have an army, and even with Marvolo's death eaters helping, what after Voldemort? Were they supposed to rule the world with justice in stride with Marvolo's madness? He was sure the Gaunts would attempt to capture the wizarding world for themselves afterwards, so they needed an army most of all. Finding one, was the problem, so whilst they didn't, here they were, training with each other, away from those that judged them and wished to torture each order member labeled a blood traitor.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsu Savage Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Tatsu let herself drop to the ground and rolled beneath the spell back to her feet. She grinned back at Hermione and nodded at her advise. "You're right, let's try again then." sha gave back with a smirk and pointed her wand at the other girl, casting "Obscuro!", which she followed with a quick "Expelliarmus!".
Tatsu Savage
Tatsu Savage

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Seeing Sithon train with Tonks, Violet groaned in annoyance that now she had no one to practice with and dropped to the ground, her back against one of the large boulders. She was one of the youngest here, not even a real member of the order, yet, though she hoped to be able to join them soon. And she knew that she still had to learn a lot when it came to self-defense. Pulling up her knees, Violet sat glowering at the training students.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:37 pm

"You're supposed to be training," said Harry having approached Violet from behind, once he noticed she had taken a back seat to the action, "No member is young or weak enough to learn so give me no excuses," he smiled motioning for Violet to rise, "I learned how to defend myself in my second year, and from there I got better, so you can see how young I was," Harry chuckled.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Raising her brow at the older Gryffindor in a very Snape-like manner, Violet smirked back at him and jerked her chin towards the others. "They didn't want me." she said with a slight pout before jumping to her feet, wand already in hand. "But now that you're here, all free and willing." she teased lightly and bowed to him in a classical duel fashion. "Can I just throw hexes at you to practice my aim?" Violet tried, before sobering again. "No, you're right. I'm really not that good, yet. I only know what I picked up in the DA last year." she told him with a slight frown.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 pm

David chuckled from his tree at Violet and Harry. "Violet Snape? Challenging the great Harry Potter?, I thought Mio got all the balls in the family.. I guess I was wrong" He smirked of course teasing her. He settled back against the tree and said "I take winner.. So prepare to loose Mr Chosen Captain" He had a feeling Harry would win.. as he had more experience, but it was fun to joke around.. not much of that happened anymore..
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Hermione let out a laugh as she brought up her shield and watched the spells smash into it and disappear. Her grin widened as she saw Harry join the group, a blush rising in her cheeks she turned away her eyes honing in on tatsu. "Better" she said with a nod, changing her footing she sent her shield spell racing towards the girl in a large wall. 

--Chase--

Chase made her way down to the meeting place Neville had told her about as she massaged her shoulder that was sore from training with the horsemen. She didn't know whose side she was on anymore, everything in her life was making her turn to the darkness and all she wanted was to be good. Sighing heavily she put a smile on her face and walked into the clearing, shrugging out of her jacket she tossed it on a rock and waited her turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:55 am

Lavender couldn’t help the small smile when she watch Luna’s excitement at the birds. Only Luna would be so distracted by thing that were actually out to get her. The Gryffindor should have thrown another spell, but she waited a moment. Unfortunately, she allowed herself to be fooled into thinking that her opponent was not still into the duel, and when she expected for the birds to stop moving- which they did- she was not ready for the silent spell that was cast. Lavender stumbled back when she was hit with what she knew to be the red light of Stupefy, and she found herself on the ground within a moment. It didn’t knock her out, as she was more resilient than she had once been, but she knew that if she were in the real duel with a Death Eater she would have been killed already. Raising her hand, she grinned and called in good nature, “Yield! Well done, Luna! You can definitely use that dizzy mind of yours to throw an opponent off.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:57 am

Flicking his wrist his wand materialized in his hand having been in his back pocket. Waving his hand a shield was cast around his body only inches of distance of his skin. "Do your best," he smiled, "But after that it's my turn," his smile turned into a devious and mischievious smirk as he spoke raising his arms so Violet could aim anywhere.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Seeing her spell hit its target, Luna quickly moved forward to the Gryffindor that was now lying on the ground and she dropped down beside her to see if she was alright. Hearing the other girl's words, she smiled happily and tilted her head slightly to the side. "Thank you, Lavender." Luna laughed softly at praise. "I often found that it is better for people to underestimate you. Then they let down their guards and you can take them out more easily." she commented in her usual dreamy voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Seeing Harry take on her challenge, Violet shot him a happy grin and raised her wand, only to be interrupted by another voice chiming in. She turned to roll her eyes at another one of her brother's friend. "I have more balls than you do, Shuter!" she gave back with a smirk before turning back to the other Gryffindor. Violet knew that Harry would win, to expect anything else would be naive or just plain stupid and she really was neither. He was older and much more experienced than herself, but that would not stop her from dueling him with everything she could think of. "How can you expect to improve your skills if you never take on someone that is stronger than you, David?" she asked, though she didn't wait for an answer, instead, she cast "Confundo!" at her opponent, following with an "Expelliarmus!"
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:16 pm

David smirked at the younger Snape "If you say so" Was all he said. He wasn't saying she didn't, nor was he saying she did. Everyone had to grow a pair in this war, some just sooner than others. He then twirled his wand in between his fingers, watching the pair.

At mention of taking on someone more powerful than them to train he nodded "True, but I still take on the winner. Surprise me Violet, I'm expecting to face Harry. Surprise me by making me face you" He grinned, encouraging her.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Looking at David Harry rolled his eyes slightly cracking his neck, "He'll face someone stronger soon," Harry looked from David to Violet quickly smiling as he waved his wand a protego casting away the confundo, and as the disarming charm came his way Harry stood still as the spell hit with the shield he had put up before, and it was sucessful as the spell faded away as Harry's protection broke.

"My turn," he said only before twisting his arm thrice, aiming two confringos at Violet's sorroundings and a powerful reducto directly towards her. Then he sent a barrage of flippendos to leave her disoriented in case she dodged the curse, so she could not see the incoming ropes coming from behind her as Harry had also cast incarcerous. Nonverbal magic was always handy so the opponent could not possibly guess what spell you were trying to use.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Lavender smiled as Luna joined her on the ground, not overly worries that Luna had bested her. She was a very good opponent to lose against, and Lavender knew for next time not to let herself forget what she was supposed to be doing. Getting to her feet, she held out a hand to help the Ravenclaw to her feet. “I think that everyone underestimates you, Luna,” she said, looking around at the other duels that were going on around them, “it’s their mistake... What should be do now?
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Violet shot a grin back at David before turning back just in time to see her spells bounce off Harry's shield. Cursing softly under her breath, she readied herself for his attack, keeping her wand steady and pointed at him, her own "Protego" already on her lips. Unfortunately, like some of the older students, the Gryffindor was capable of nonverbal magic and Violet had no idea what she was going to face.

Only seeing the spells heading towards her, she quickly shot off a Stupefy at Harry and then let herself drop to the ground, rolling over the grass with a hex heading straight over her head. Left and right from her the ground exploded and she was showered with mud and little rocks. Stumbling back to her feet, Violet was thrown back by a flippendo which made her crash to the ground several yards away. With a groan, she pushed herself up just in time to see another spell head her way and this time she did cast her Protego. Panting, Violet pushed herself to her feet and shot a defiant grin at the Gryffindor. "Next round, Mr. Potter?" she called over to where he was standing, trying to imitate her father's drawl.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next