Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

When All Else Fails (David)

2 posters

Go down

When All Else Fails (David) Empty When All Else Fails (David)

Post by Lavender Brown Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am

Lavender laid back on the grass in the sun, her dirty blonde hair fanning out around her. She was thinking, again, about that night in the kitchens, when she’d attacked a girl for doing nothing. From the moment she’d snapped out of it, she’d hated herself for what she’d done, and she knew that it was something that could happen again. But until the holidays, there was little she could do about it other than avoid being in contact with people unnecessarily. So, she’d avoided lunch on that Saturday, and had been avoiding her friends in whatever way she could before that. It had been easier than she thought it would be, and she was pretty sure that anybody who would approach her would be at least another half an hour inside. So she closed her eyes and let the fresh air and warm weather distract her for a little while.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

When All Else Fails (David) Empty Re: When All Else Fails (David)

Post by David Shuter Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:19 pm

The battle of hogwarts had changed people, that much was for certain. Some for the better, some for the worse. David was not sure where he fit in that equation. On one hand he had battled his hardest in the battle, putting his life on the line for other people.. some that he hadn't even known. However on the other hand.. he had not succeeded in saving so many.. and because of his blunders.. his girlfriend had been bitten by a werewolf.

And since then.. Lavender had been distant.. especially from him. David was not sure why. Had he not already stated he didn't care that she had some violent tendencies now? Hadn't he already told her how much it meant to him that she was alive?! Yet she still refused to be near him. David was done with it. He needed her.. They had lost so much... His mother, Mio's mother.. his father.. some of their friends.. they needed to stick together.. or Voldemort had won.

David finally found Lavender on the grounds, soaking in the sunlight. He smiled slightly as he tried to hint that nothing was wrong by calling out "Hello Beautiful, come here often?"
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:14 am

Lavender smelled him before she heard him, and she remained still, hoping that he would keep walking. But of course, he wouldn't. He had been trying to talk to her almost as much as she had been trying to avoid him. She opened her eyes, but continued to look directly up toward the sky.

"Hello David," she said quietly, not giving any indication to what she was thinking in her tone. Figuring that he wasn't going to keep going, she stood from the ground and smiled softly at her boyfriend. "I should really get going," she said, "I have... homework. Loads of it."
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:03 pm

David smirked slightly when she stood.. did she REALLY think she was leaving? The two needed to talk.. or this relationship would be another causality of the war. "Where do you think you are going hotstuff? Since when does Lavender Brown actually choose doing her homework over hanging out with her totally awesome.. and may I add wildly attractive boyfriend?"

Now David wouldn't force her to stay.. no he wasn't abusive like that or anything. He just wouldn't stop hounding her until she finally either snapped and attacked him.. or gave up and talked to him. He hoped for option B.. but if it was option A.. he had a few Lynx-y tricks up his sleeve.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Lavender made to walk past him, fully prepared to continue along the same path as she had originally intended when she paused. He was playing it off, and she knew it. Pretending to just chat with her, but he wasn’t stupid. Turning back, she ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. “You’re right,” she said, “I’m not going to do homework. I don’t even have any left to do, believe it or not.” He’d already known that much, though. The blonde sat back down on the grass, figuring that there was as good a place as any. “We should really talk, shouldn’t we?” she said, her gaze shifting from him to the grass beneath her. Lavender missed him, even if she had tried not to admit it to herself.  She missed her other friends as well, but there were very few who she was still speaking to on a daily basis. “You're never short on word, so what do you want to say to me, David?” she asked, forcing herself to look at him again.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 pm

David smiled slightly when she went for option B.. he liked that option.. less fighting.. and stuff. His smile fadded slightly when she stated the obvious.. that they needed to talk. He nodded slowly and took a seat in front of her, facing her. To make sure she had to look at him as they talked.

"What do I want to say to you? Its not that simple Lav.. I won't pretend to know what you are going through.. But I am seeing a pattern here. I remember I time when the tables were turned.. and you were the one trying to help ME out. So you know this speech as well as I do.. you coming up with it and all. Lav.. you have to stop shutting us out.. we can help you.. I can help you..but you have to let us" He said, not breaking eye contact with her.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:10 am

Lavender didn’t know if she thought that the situation was the same. Yes, David had shut down after his mother’s death, and yes she had persisted in trying to get through to him. But this was different. She’d been thinking about how this conversation would go for some time, and she wondered if she had known what she was going to say before. But now, she was certain. "I can’t, David,” she said quietly, wishing that he could understand, “I attacked someone. I was going to kill them. They didn’t do anything wrong, and they didn’t deserve that. I’m sorry, but I will not allow you to be in that danger either.

It wasn’t as hard as she thought it would be, to tell him what she knew she needed to. It didn’t hurt any less, but it was the right thing to do.. for everyone. “I don’t think that we should be together anymore,” she said with a dry smile, “it’s too hard. It’s not fair on you, and it’s not fair on anyone else either. You deserve to be happy, and I can’t give that to you anymore. I’m sorry.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:03 pm

David sighed, looking down when she brought up how she attacked someone in the kitchen. He was fully aware of that.. but in a way.. didn't care. She was dealing with something big, and like everyone with some new ability thrust upon them, it takes them a while to get used to it "With great Power comes great responsibility Lav. Look at the Hulk. He was considered a monster.. dangerous.. even by himself. However he learned to control his anger.. and became an Avenger. You just need time to learn to control your emotions."

It was not a total shock, however, when she said they should break up. He still looked into her eyes and said quietly "Do you really think I am in any less danger without you? In case you haven't noticed, Hogwarts is hardly safe. Do you really think I would be Happy without you? I lost my parents.. Mio's mom.. and for a moment I thought I lost you. That was the worst feeling I have ever felt.. don't make me feel it again." The pain was evident in his eyes. He could not loose her.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Lavender blinked a couple of times as David spoke, not interrupting him despite the want to. When he finished what he was saying about power and responsibility, she sighed and said, “I have no idea what you just said, David. It is a muggle thing?” Her family may not believe that muggles should be destroyed, but they had never really ventured too much into muggle things. They were magical for as far back as they could trace, so there had been no need to do so before. It took her a moment to realize she was allowing herself to be distracted, and she shook her head to return her focus to the conversation at hand.

I think you’re in more danger being close to me,” she said, frustrated but keeping it in check, “I won’t be dead, okay? It’s not the same, and you know it. Don’t make me feel even worse about this. You and I know that most of my friends were yours first, so I’ll be losing more than just you. But it’s better this way, alright?” Pushing herself up fro the ground, and considered running away before he got the chance to stand himself, but she didn’t want to be childish. She just, for once in her life, wanted to put someone else before herself.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:05 pm

David raised an eyebrow at her when she didn't get his Spiderman and Marvel references. "You mean you've never heard of Marvel? Stan Lee? Iron Man? Anything? God forget Charms.. you need to take muggle studies.. asap." Unfortunately this did not work to distract her, to remind her she could be normal.. so they were back to their heavy talk.

David stood up himself "You are wrong Lavender. I'm in no danger with you. I feel safer with you in fact. You are no danger to me." He sighed, not wanting to pull the Remus card.. but he guessed he had to. "Remus Lupin was of the same opinion of himself, however he was still able to get married.. have children. He had three great friends in school who refused to leave his side.. you are in the same situation. Mio, Ian.. Arty.. we're all behind you Lav.. we believe in you." He gently grabbed her arm, making sure she didn't try to bolt.. not that she could outrun a Lynx..

David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:07 am

Lavender pursed her lips and shot him a glare, forcing the harsh tone in her voice as she said, “I’m a pureblood, David. Half of the things that you talk about make no sense to me at all.” It was partially true, though she had been learning more and more about the muggle world in the almost four years that she had been with David. “Remus Lupin and I are two different people!” she snapped, her eyes flashing in frustration as he seemed incapable of actually hearing what she was saying. So, she figured she’d have to do it the hard way. But it would be better in the long run, she assured herself as she fixed him with a level look.

We’ve been together since third year, David,” she said, “and everyone has changed since third year. Everything has changed. I love you, but I really.. I don’t want to be with you anymore, okay? I know I should have spoken to you before now rather than just avoiding you, but I was putting off hurting you.” With a sharp nod, she turned and sat back in her position on the grass, as if nothing had happened. Without opening her eyes, she said, “you should go back inside. Your friends are probably wondering where you got to.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:36 pm

David recoiled slightly from her harsh tones, suppressing the urge to snap back. Instead he said "And I'm halfblood. Blood doesn't mean shit Lavender. No need to hide behind it." It was true. Muggleborns.. Halfbloods.. Purebloods. It didn't matter. Skill did not come from blood. Hermione Granger was a prime example of this. When her eyes flashed at him and sighed and said "Two different people.. with the same problem. You've let public opinion of what you are determine your self worth."

He knew what she was trying to do.. and he wouldn't stand for it. This was her attempting to protect him.. and that was all wrong. It was his job to protect her.. to help her.. and he wouldn't back down so easily. "It doesn't take a Ravenclaw to see what you are doing you know. I know you are just trying to protect me.. so don't pull this whole everyone changed since third year bullshit on me. You can't hurt me Lavender.. not physically anyways." He said in a tired sort of tone, tired of her trying to protect him.. tired of this whole tough front. Had there been hints before the battle that the relationship had run its course.. he would have backed down by now.. but that was not the case.. it was since she had gotten bitten.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 am

Lavender’s eyes narrowed as he spoke, and she shook her hair with an intense glare. “How dare you,” she growled, her hand shaking at her side, “I have never considered blood to mean anything, and you know it. The fact that you would think I would, even for a second, means you think me no better than them. What I meant, David, was that I have not been exposed to muggle things like muggleborns and some halfbloods have. And that is all I meant.You’re overreacting, her mind told her firmly, you need to be careful. Stay calm.I don’t give a damn about what other people think of me!” she snapped, “I give a damn about what I’ve done. What I could do.

The Gryffindor opened her eyes again, and within a moment she was back on her feet. “You don’t know anything, David!” she said, “you don’t know what I’m trying to do. Why can’t you grasp that I just don’t love you anymore? Don’t you get it? It was fun while it lasted, but I’m bored with you. We're boring!” She was surprised she didn’t cry, that the emotions swirling within her were kept from her face entirely. She could do this. “I don’t love you,” she said, calmer, “I don’t know if I ever really did. I was thirteen when we got together. Did you really expect anything different?
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

David tried to hold back his smirk.. it was working. "Yet we halfbloods and muggleborns are frowned upon for not being up to date with all the wizardry stuff. The fact you use your blood as an excuse.. that doesn't exactly send off the right vibe Lavender." He shrugged offhandedly.

However he was not going to let her get away the 'scared of what i've done, what i could do' crap. He growled quietly "I could kill too Lavender.. I could loose my temper and snap at someone and attack. I got news for you.. ITS NORMAL. It means you are human! So maybe instead of whining about it, DO SOMETHING about it. Control your emotions, and you control the beast." He was being harsh.. he knew that.. but he was trying to achieve one of two goals here.. to get her to see sense.. or to make her angry enough to attack him so he could prove she need not fear hurting him. In the end they both were the same goal.. not to loose Lavender.

He refused to believe what she was saying. How could something like that change after a battle like the one they had faced? "The lie is clear in your eyes Lavender. This is just some bravodo way to protect me, and I don't need protecting!" He yelled, hoping this would finally push her over the edge.
David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Lavender rolled her eyes at his dramatics and shook her head. "Muggleborns and Halfbloods are expected to know about the Wizarding World because.. I don't know.. they're wizards! So that's a completely daft thing to say. And I have never looked down on someone who didn't know anyway, so your point is entirely invalid." Was he trying to make her angry with him?

There was a flash of frustration and a calming breath, before the Gryffindor spoke again. "Whining?" she said icily, "really, David? I have not been whining. I have not complained. I am stating flat fact, and you can't handle it." She paced a little before running a hand through her dirty blonde curls. "Normal?" she asked, bursting out laughing, "normal girls my age get PMS once a month. I turn into a mindless beast who couldn't care less if she hurt someone. You have no idea what this is like, and I don't expect you to. I wouldn't want you to. But do not pretend that you have any idea how this is for me. You make out its easy, but it really fucking isn't. And a big thing you're forgetting? Nothing can make me human again. That was stolen from me."

Lavender groaned, resisting the urge to hit her own head. "For once in your life, maybe something isn't all about you," she said softly, "it's not about protecting you, or making things easier. It's about the pure and simple fact that I don't want to me with you anymore, okay?"
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by David Shuter Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm

David growled quietly "And maybe Purebloods and Halfblood should be required to know Muggle things cause.. oh I don't know.. cause they are HUMAN. We co-exist in this world with muggles, so why not be familiar with everything Muggle? It would save the ministry lots of time cleaning up problems like Wizards wearing dresses because someone said thats what muggles wear." It looked like he was succeeding. If she WAS determined to break up with him, then he would leave as much an impact on her as possible. That she couldn't hurt him.. and maybe one day she would realize her reasons for all this.. and come back to him.

David's hands clenched at her words. "You and I see Werewolves quite differently it seems. Mindless beast? Animals have minds Lavender. The wolves take some personalities from the person. Some are savage.. while others only act to protect themselves. Sirius said once that he and his friends used their animagi forms to run around with Remus.. and he never attacked them. I could be that for you Lavender.. I could make the full moons bearable.. I WANT to." He growled, getting annoyed by all this.

He finally had enough, he yelled "YOU ARE HUMAN! You and I aren't that different. The only difference is your beast forces its way out once a month. I have learned to co-exist with mine" How could a werewolf think so bad about werewolves when one who wasn't did not think bad at all about them.

He sighed, saying "Not everything is about me.. yet I truely believe this one is about me.. or more about you believing you shouldn't be with me. You said yourself.. you want me to be happy. Yet I can't...be.. happy, without you." He was still prepared to shift.. but he didn't want to fight her verbally anymore.. he was saying a lot of shit he already regretted.. or did not believe, like the whole bit about blood.

David Shuter
David Shuter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavender Brown Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Lavender rolled her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time. He was obviously grasping at straws, and it was getting frustrating. “That makes no sense! It would be great if that were realistic, but we aren’t expected to know everything about everyone, and if it isn’t something that directly effects someone then they don’t need to know. It’s like me expecting for you to know about things in other countries or in other cultures. I know the important things about the muggle world, but for some reason I don’t believe that this ‘Hulk’ that you speak of is overly important. Would I be wrong in presuming as much?

The Gryffindor tried, as hard as she could, but she couldn’t hold in her laughter. It wasn’t even dry. It was genuine amusement as his pathetic ideology. “Did you ever pay any attention in Defence, David?” she asked, “werewolves are savage in nature during the full moon. They stop being beings and become beasts. Remus Lupin had help on his side- Wolfbane, preparation, and his friends in animal form helped. But that is only because werewolves are not a threat to animals, only humans. That’s why he didn’t attack them. Not because of an underlying tone of their personality. The definition of a werewolf is that they can’t control themselves when they’re transformed.” Lavender licked her lower lip before shrugging, “I don’t want you to. Artemis had been a great help to me, and I am thankful for that. She makes this better, and all you are doing right now is making it worse.

Lavender started to back away, feeling that there was not much more that she could say to make this any easier. He obviously would rather argue with her than accept that she wasn’t the same anymore. “You and I are more different than you will ever understand, David,” she said quietly, “and one day you will be happy. I know you will.
Lavender Brown
Lavender Brown

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down