Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Catching Up

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Catching Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Catching Up

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Severus looked sadly at his cousin, though he couldn't help but feel slihtly satisfied. He had known that Black would hurt one of his friends sooner or later. Still he didn't want his cousin to be sad because of it. "I'm sorry, Morgan. I can't tell you about his feelings, I just now that he has been flirting and kissing with Marvolo, a friend of mine a lot lately." he said shrugging.

Severus Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Morgan pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on them. She didn't know what to say or think. "Maybe it was too good to be true.... she sighed, a single tear running down her cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Biting his lip, Severus reached out and brushed the tear from the younger girl's cheek. "Please don't cry, Morgan. You know I can't see that." he said awkwardly. He really was bad at comforting people. He did hate Lack, but seeing his cousin so sad, pulled him down as well. "I think you should talk to him ... maybe he was not playing with you, but only with Marvolo?" he shrugged.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

House : Slytherin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Morgan smiled at Severus' light touch, wiping her tear away. She looked at him and said, "You think so, Severus? I guess I could try..." Maybe her cousin was right. She just hoped that she could be brave enough to bring it up the next time she saw Sirius. She was afraid of what the answer might be, but if she found out, then she could move on from this crazy moment of uncertainty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Severus looked at his cousin and nodded honestly. "Yes, I think you should talk to him. Maybe he can expain everything." he told her. "I really hope for you, that he didn't just play with you." he said grimly and glared at the grass below their feet.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 7:18 pm

"Me, too, Severus.... Me, too," she said leaning her head on his shoulder. "So, anyone special in your life, Severus?" she asked, trying to change the subject to brighten both their moods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Severus put his arm around her and squeezed slightly. "In my life? " he snorted and thought about the question. Ater Lily, could there ever be someone special in his life, he wondered. But then he thought about the two girls that seemed to have taken a liking to him and smiled softly. "Well, there are two girls that are very ... erm ... intersting." he said quietly.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm

"Two? Severus!" she said teasing. "Do these two girls have names?" she asked lightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Feeling the heat rise in his cheeks, Severus turned his head slightly to let his long hair cover his face. "One is Marvolo ... we became friends and I though she ... well ... might like me, you know?" he said awkwardly. She had been following him around the whole time, but now she obviously had taken a liking to Black.
"The other one is Selena, but she is completely different from Marvolo ..." he sighed. "I don't know ... I'm not good with such thngs, Morgan."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Morgan sat up and watched as Severus did his normal action to hide his emotions when they spread across his face. She reached out and gently tucked his black hair behind his ear, revealing his face. "There is no shame in liking someone, Severus," she mused. "Well, I'd pick the one that you like most. Or the one you like most after getting to know them more. To me, I think you need someone different from you," she offered with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Severus blushed darkly when she revealed his face. He hated to show his emotions, even to someone as close to him as Morgan. It made him uncomfortable and vulnerable.
"I don't know how I like them. I know Marvolo has many interests like me and she is very fascinating." he told her. "Selena is a Gryffindor and very different from me ... she's always smiling and happy and positiv... I don't know how she does it." he shrugged helplessly.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Morgan giggled. "Sounds a little like me," she teased at his description of Selena. "I'd like to meet her sometime. She sounds like a nice person," she said sitting back against the tree trunk. "You know, someone who is bright and happy might be a nice fit for you, Severus. It would do you good to be like that once and a while," Morgan said with a playful grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Severus chuckld slightly, glad that Morgan didn't try to over-analyze him. "Maybe you're right... For now I just want friendship, though, I guess. I'm not ready for a girlfrined yet I think," he admitted softly.
"I do feel very comfortable with her, though. Just like with you. She doesn't seem to judge me either, something that's quite rare in people..."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Morgan couldn't help but smile. "There is no harm in just being friends, either. A bright and happy friend could be even better than a girlfriend. Either way... I think she would do you good, however she is to you," Morgan said, happy that there might be a bright spot in his life, even if it was a friend. She sighed at his last comment about the rare quality of not judging people. "I don't like to be judged, so why judge others? People do it to me all the time. I just try to be true to myself... It's all you can do, right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Severus sighed again. He couldn't agree more with her words. He also knew how it felt to be judged wrongly, still, he knew that sometimes he was fast to judge other people as well, without actually knowing them, clearly one of his weaknesses.
"I hope she will be able to put up with all my fault, I don't want to build a friendship, just to lose it all over again..." his thoughts drifted back to Lily and their lost friendship after all those years.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 pm

"You can't go through life without friends, Severus. Even if some are destined to leave and some aren't. You can't let that stop you," Morgan said gently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Mon May 27, 2013 10:30 am

Severus looked up at Morgan and smiled slightly. "You're right in that, but opening up to people takes a lot of bravery and I just don't know if I got that. I'm not a Gryffindor after all " he chuckled a bit and winked at his cousin. "But I'll try, it worked with Lily as well, at least for some years and I wouldn't want to miss those either."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Morgan gave her cousin a bright smile. "I think you can be brave no matter what house you're from. Look at me! I'm starting to get a little braver every day and I'm just a little Ravenclaw," she said with a giggle. "I think the more you try to open up to people, the easier it will become for you, Severus," she said softly. Morgan then looked out over the water and smiled sweetly, "Is there no hope for you and Lily to be friends again?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Tue May 28, 2013 9:24 am

Severus snorted and smirked at his cousin. She really knew how to brighten up the mood. "You're right, I guess. I just needed someone to kick my ass a bit in the right direction.. thanks for that." he winked at her and followed her gaze towards the lake.
He sighed when she asked him about Lily and shook his head. "I don't think so ... we had a long discussion about it. I think she just got tired of telling me to stop hanging out with the other Slytherins and I'm just a sick of her trying to control my life." he told Morgan softly. "I still care for her a lot and I hope we can become friends again one day, it just won't happen in the near future, I think. Especially, as she started to hang out with Potter..." he glared. "The guy that has been bullying me for years right under her nose."
Severus shook his head, this really hurt more than their break-up even, he felt betrayed.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 am

Morgan changed her gaze from over the water back to her cousin at hearing that his and Lily's friendship was at an end, at least for now. It bothered her that someone would pick on Severus and no one did anything about it, which reminded her of the nicknames that Sirius had told her he had for her cousin. She might need to address that with him if it ever came up. "You mean, she didn't do anything to stop him from doing that to you?" Moran asked sadly. "Maybe you and Lily are just too different. I mean, why would she want you to stop spending time with others from your house? That would be like you asking her to do the same, and I'm willing to bet she wouldn't appreciate that, either," she said as she rested her hand on his shoulder in a comforting matter. She might be younger than him, but she could still tell that he was terribly unhappy. Even if there wasn't anything she could say to lift him up, she wanted to be a comfort by simply being there. As her mother would say, Sometimes no words are needed. Just being there is enough. You are gifted in that, Morgan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Tue May 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Severus sighed again, this time in relief that at least his cousin understood what was bothering him about Lily's actions. "That's what I told her as well. I don't mind her spending time with other Gryffindors, but I have found friends in Slytherin as well. Sadly, Lily thinks that they are all evil and criminals." he scoffed. "But that's not true." Severus was still confused how easily Lily had judged his house mates.
"But she did stand up for me against Potter and Black, it's just... I don't understand how she can just forgive all that and start dating Potter now." he shook his head. It just didn't make sense, Lily had always told him how much she disliked Potter, but that was probably all just a lie, or she really didn't care if he was a bully or not.
Looking up at his cousin, Severus smiled sligtly. "I guess you're right though, maybe we just have different values..." he said quietly. "I'm glad, that you talked to me Morgan, that really helped." he told her honestly.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Morgan didn't know what to say to her cousin. She could only imagine the hurt he felt at his best friend now dating someone she claimed to dislike and who picked on him all these years. Instead of speaking, she wrapped her small arms around him and hugged him tight. "I don't think you or your housemates are all evil. Evil doesn't just linger in the Slytherin house. I imagine evil is in all the houses," she offered to him, gently. She smiled sweetly as Severus thanked her to talking to him. "Anytime, Severus. Just don't forget that I'm here if you need someone to talk to," she said breaking her hug and smiling at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Tue May 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Severus wrapped his arms around his cousin's smaller body and pressed his face into her soft hair, the comfort she gave him calming him a lot. "Thank you Morgan, that means a lot to me. Most people these days think that all evil comes from Slytherin, but I bet there are just as many evil people in any of the other houses. Evilness has many faces after all." he muttered against her.
He leaned back when she released him again and answered her smile with one of his own. "It's good to know that there's someone I can trust here." Severus told her. "I hope you know, I will always be there if you need me as well."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 am

Morgan's smile brightened at hearing her cousin would be there for her. It was nice to know that there was someone other than her new friends that she could count on. She gave a little sigh and then asked timidly, "Severus, why did you stop coming to visit?" Morgan had never known why all of a sudden her older cousin wasn't around. All she knew was that he wasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Wed May 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Severus groaned when his cousin brought up this suject, but he had already expected her to ask about it. "It's ... it's complicated." he sighed and rubbed the bridge if his nose, thinking about how to best explain the situation. "You see, my father never really wanted anything to do with the wizarding world and mum's relatives. That's why you always had to visit when he was at work." he told her in a strained voice.
It really bothered him a lot that his father was so hateful towards everything that had to do with magic and he had missed those visits with his cousin a lot.
"You know, father started drinking quite heavily in the last few years ... and he got more ... erm ... " Severus trailed off, not knowing how to tell his younger cousin about this. "Let's just say, my mother thought it better to break off any contact with her family for the sake of peace." he finally finished. "I had nothing to say in it, really."
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 am

The sorrow Morgan felt at hearing about why her cousin had suddenly vanished filled her grey-blue eyes as she listened, looking at Severus. When he finished his story, she shook her head and looked away. "That's..... Horrible. But, I can understand your mother's actions, though. If only it was that easy for my parents with me. That explains things, though..." her voice trailed off as she thought of how hurt he must have felt at hearing that thigns were going to be so different from then on. Even though she knew now why the visits had stopped, the pain she felt seemed like it was the first time she was told that she would no longer be allowed to visit Severus and visa versa. It had torn her apart as Severus seemed to be one of the only people who truly understood her. "So, are you going here against his will, then?" she asked gently, glancing at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Severus watched his cousin's face, as several emotions played across it. He could imagine how she felt at hearing about the reasons. He had hated his father then, not that he didn't now, but back then it felt much worse because he was used to having his cousin around a lot of times.
He also knew that Morgan's family weren't exactely easy to live with, but he would rather prefer them to his own father. At least, she didn't have to feel bad about being a witch.
"Against his will?" Severus snorted and shook his head in cold amusement. "Of course, but he wouldn't have been able to stop me from going anyway. I'm a wizard and nothing he can do will ever change that." he shugged. "Though I guess he's glad that I'm gone most of the year." He looked back up at his cousin. "What about you're family, though Morgan? Still so set on their views?" he asked.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next