Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Believing in Nothing has Changed

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Believing in Nothing has Changed - Page 2 Empty Re: Believing in Nothing has Changed

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Morgan spun around at the sound of a new voice asking if what they were doing was a Muggle game. She didn't know the Slytherin girl, but she had seen her around the grounds before. "Ummm.... Yes. It's called softball. She was just showing me how they throw the ball when they play," Morgan answered meekly. "I'm Morgan, by the way. Ummmm.... Morgan Prince. And this is my friend, Scarlett," she introduced herself and her friend with a gentle smile.

Back to top Go down

Believing in Nothing has Changed - Page 2 Empty Re: Believing in Nothing has Changed

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 pm

"Oh, I've heard of that game before! It's related to baseball, right?" she asked with a warm smile. "I'm Andromeda Black, pleasure to meet you both." She was quite confident in her attempt to meet someone new, but not too haughty to appear arrogant. That, of course, could be saved for her other family members who she cared not to mention, save a few. Andromeda was actually quite eager to learn more about this 'softball' game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Morgan nodded and smiled at Andromeda. "Yes, nice to meet you, too. And, that's what Scarlett says. She says it's like baseball, but with a few differences. Would you like to give how they throw the ball a try?" she said offering her a stone to throw underhand like she and Scarlett had moments ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Andromeda nodded kindly. "Oh, sure," she said with a subtle expression. She took the rock from Morgan and eyed it, inspecting for the proper way to grip it. After a few moments of fidgeting with it, Andromeda aimed it carefully at the lake. Here goes nothing, she thought as she softly tossed the rock into the lake with a low swing. "Is it supposed to look like that?" she asked as she watched it plunged below it quickly. "I threw it correctly, right?" Inside, Andromeda was really excited to be learning a new past-time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Scarlett smiled at Morgan's first attempt, "Great try, Morgan!" she commented, watching the rock landed with a light splash a few feet away. Opening her mouth to give her friend some handy advice on her pitching, Scarlett was interrupted by an older Slytherin approaching them and asking whether this was a muggle sport or not. Becoming rather shy at this encounter with the older Slytherin, Morgan answered explaining that the movement they were demonstrating was from the Muggle sport, softball. Nodding her head in agreement, Morgan then introduced herself and Scarlett to the student, who's name was Andromeda. Speaking up Scarlett greeted her, "Yes, nice to meet you," she said, giving Andromeda a shy smile. Watching as Andromeda gave them each a smile, Morgan suggested for the girl to get 'underhand' pitching a try. Nodding kindly Andromeda then took the rock from Morgan's hand and attempted to throw the rock. "Is it supposed to look like that?" she asked as it plunged below it quickly. "No," Scarlett answered, putting up another rock, "Here try going all the way through the front swing," she suggested, demonstrating what she meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Morgan nodded as she followed what Scarlett did. Then she mirrored her action and the rock flew as hers had. Morgan smiled and looked to Scarlett for her thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Scarlett grinned, "Yay! You did it!" she declared, jumping up and down, clapping her hands together happily. "Now in order to get a more quicker motion," she started putting up a small-sized pebble, "Swing your arm in a curricular motion and release at the late bottom, going fully through the movement," she explained, demonstrating but not releasing, just gesturing when to release. "Here give it a try!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Morgan smiled brightly at Scarlett's praise of her toss. Then she watched as Scarlett showed them the next step in throwing a proper underhand pitch. "Seems simple enough," Morgan said happily. When Scarlett offered her the pebble to toss, she mimicked what Scarlett did once before doing the full motion and releasing her pebble. "That feels funny. Did I do it right?" she asked with a crooked smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Scarlett slightly chuckled, "Yeah, you're suppose to feel this sudden stretch," she stated laughing, "The one where you feel that your arm is about to fall off," she added, now full out laughing. Scarlett's attention then went to Andromeda, putting up a perfectly-shaped stone Scarlett offered it to her, "Here Andromeda, how about you give it a whirl!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Andromeda's eyes darting between the rock that Morgan was throwing and her hand in attempt to learn how to throw it correctly. "Sure!" she said energetically and graciously accepted the stone from Scarlett. Andromeda twirled it in her hands a few time before she tried to aim it at a patch of grass. With her best effort, she tried to emulate the exact motion that Morgan did. "Oh, poo!" she said as the stone didn't quite reach the grass, "I don't think I'll be good at this.. I'll probably end up watching this amazing game." Andromeda gave the girls one of her most sincerest smiles. Her lack of athletic talent is always compensated by her magical skill, so she had no worries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Morgan smiled at Andromeda's attempt. "That was good! Try it again!" she said happily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Andromeda shook her head. "I'd rather not, it's not going to get any better. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being a spectator during an amazing sport, right?" she replied happily. "You guys just keep on playing, I'm happy with watching." Andromeda backed up a few paces to watch the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Morgan gave her a shy smile and turned back to Scarlett. She picked up another stone and gave the throw another try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Scarlett smiled sadly at Andromeda's negative attitude towards trying practice 'underhand' pitching. Andromeda then stated she would rather watch from the stands then be a pitcher. "Oh, that's only one position! There are plenty more to fill and order to play the game of softball," she happily stated, trying to encourage Andromeda, "And I'm sure with your special qualities, one of these positions will be just right for you," she added, her eyes changing their color to a light violet tone. Thinking of the rest of the positions needing a person to fill it out, Scarlett started naming them silently by counting the number of positions on her fingers. Catcher, pitcher, first basemen, second basemen, short stop, third basemen, right fielder, center fielder, rover and left fielder, she counted out on her fingers ending on eleven positions. "We have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 positions to fill, minus one that is already filled out by my friend here, Morgan," Scarlett stated, gesturing to Morgan. "We are going to find a position for you, if it's the last thing we do," she commented, "Saying of positions, can you catch at all?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Morgan's grey eyes got wide. "I have a position? Really?!?! What's it called?" she asked excitedly. She had noticed that Scarlett's eyes changed color and she smiled to herself. She's a Metamorphagus! Awesome! she thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Scarlett smiled at Morgan's excitement, "Pitcher," she replied, "But you too have to know how to catch," she added, thinking of everyone gathering around to see a midnight softball game with lanterns and fireworks towards the end of the game. Scarlett then snaps back to reality and starts to explain the reason for catching as pitcher. Thinking carefully before explain, she started, "As pitcher you will be the one to throw the ball to the person battering at the time. That person would either swing and hit or swing and miss. If missed it would be counted as a strike, three strikes and the batter is out. But if hit the people out in the field need to either catch it in midair or let it bounce and get it to first base before the batter gets there first. If succeed the batter will be called out, but if the batter get there first they get to stay," she explained off the stop of her head. "Does that make sense t you?"

Last edited by Scarlett Rose on Sat May 18, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Morgan nodded slowly, "Yes, I think so. Morgan smiled at the idea of being the one to pitch in this game. "Maybe my keeper skills will help with this game!" she said brightly. "What do you think, Scarlett?" she asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Scarlett nodded, "You're blocking skills will definitely help!" she added, her eyes sparking blue specks around the pupil. "Do you know how to catch, Morgan?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Andromeda listened intently to the young Scarlett's words. Hmm, maybe, but- well, why not? she debated to herself within her mind. She was on the verge of responding when the change of Scarlett's eyes caught her off guard. Woah! Did Morgan see that? That was same crazy cool spellcasting. Maybe not, she could be one of me! she contemplated silently to herself, I must give her a gesture back. Andromeda shook these thoughts out of her head and decided to speak up. "I might be able to catch, given it's directed enough. In an open field, that sounds a little too wild for me. What about one of the more static positions? Probably not the first person, because that's a lot of apprehensiveness; not last either, too much pressure. A middle spot seems like it could be easy managed, right? I could try that," she suggested confidently. Andromeda gave a happy grunt and allowed her hair turn from a light pink to a golden color. Along with the darkening, it also grew a few superficial inches in length. Andromeda took it into her hands and tied into a ponytail. "I'm ready to play!" she announced cheerfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Scarlett grinned greatly, "So short-stop it is?" she questioned mentally checking off "short-stop" from the list. "Or would you like second basemen, it's a direct spot in the center," she commented twirling a strung of her hair. "Although the second basemen does have to mange a base, but I think you can do it," she stated, trying to encourage her fiend, "I have faith in you," she added, poking her stomach playfully. Hearing Andromeda grunt happily, Scarlett turned her attention to her friend only to find Andromeda's hair change from its rosy pinkish hair to a dirty blond tone. "You hair is rather beautiful," she commented her, reaching out to touch it but hesitating slightly before reacting. Her hair felt silky and smooth yet thick and luxury, "I wish I could do that," she added, her eyes turning a cyan shade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 2:39 am

Morgan was surprised to see Andromeda's hair change color. Another one? she thought. She smiled at the thought of the possibility of not just one, but two Metamorphaguses in the same place at the same time. I wish I had a special skill like that, she mused to herself. "I believe that you could manage a base, too, Andromeda. Well, whatever a base is," she said with a light laugh. "Scarlett, would you play, too?" she asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 10:10 am

Scarlett giggled, "Sorry," she started, "I forgot to tell you what a base it," she commented, face-palming. "Well, there are four bases in softball if not counting the base they call the pitcher's mound," she explained, "First base, second base, third base and home plate," she stated, squatting to pull at some grass. "The bases make a diamond, and the goal is to run all bases without a fielder or a basemen touching the base before you," she explained, making a diamond with her hands. "Scarlett, would you play, too?" Morgan asked, "Probably. I could fill out the catcher's position since that position really doesn't have an influence on the game," she wondered a bit, "I was planning on staying out of it but I guess helping my friends out from the field would be fine,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Morgan smiled and nodded. It would seem only right for Scarlett to play, too, since she knew so much about this game already. "If the catcher is anything like the name is, I bet you'd be great at it," Morgan said brightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Andromeda smiled at Scarlett's encouragement and said, "Sure, that sounds really cool!" Andromeda took Scarlett's sound of disappointment to heart and felt compelled to offer some advice. "But worry not Scarlett, with a lot of practice and deliberation, you're bound to improve your skill. After years of practice, you can even become a replica of a relative! Give me and my not-so-appealing sister, Bellatrix, for instance. I'm working on perfecting my appearance of her a causing mischief eventually," she informed Scarlett with a smile. After a while, Andromeda agreed with Morgan about Scarlett's skill in softball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Scarlett smiled happily at Morgan's comment, "It's not anything like being the pitcher but being the catcher is somewhat important," she stated, shrugging at the thought of a catcher being important position. "But the catcher's job is to catch the balls the pitcher throws and the batter misses. Also to guard home plate and make sure the other team doesn't score a run," she explained, observing the grass she pulled out. Listening to Andromeda's advice as she tried her best to encourage her, Scarlett nodded, "I can sorta change my hair color on demand but I can never fully color it," she sighed, her eyes turning a bit darker in color as her mood was now sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Andromeda screwed her face up to ponder about a solution to her new friend's problem. "Hmm. I think I know what could help," she told her cordially, "so listen, you stick with me now, okay? I'll try to help you better your skill, and we can go cause some toil together! Plus, knowing the rest of my house, you being a Hufflepuff and a first year might get you picked on." Andromeda was emotionally satisfied with the thought of assisting a witch who had the same trait as her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Scarlett smiled, nodding her head happily at Andromeda's proposal. Maybe all she needed was someone who could understand what she was going through to help perfect her newly relieved skills. But Scarlett couldn't help wonder was it was like to be the only Metamorphagus in Hogwarts, having to teach yourself the ways of your abilities."Did you teach yourself?" she asked, continuing to ask her questions as they came to mind. "Was it hard being the only Metamorphagus here at Hogwarts at the time? Did you sometimes feel as though you were different? Did you get bullied for it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next