Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed) Empty I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed)

Post by James Orion Lupin Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 am

James glared at the book in front of him, reading the notes that were written in his own hand but he didn't remember writing. He could remember seeing his family again because it was a big deal to him, but he couldn't remember ever stepping foot in the Transfiguration classroom earlier that day. But the date displayed on the librarian's desk was the same as that which was written at the top of the page of notes. He was angry with himself, but he was also afraid. They were on dangerous times and he couldn't even remember who was against who. Wiping angrily at the tears beneath his eyes, glad that he was in a particularly quiet part of the library, he started to read the things that he had written all over again.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed) Empty Re: I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed)

Post by Elysium Kade Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 am

Elysium gently placed books onto her constantly growing pile, having asked the librarian to allow her access to the books that hadn't been placed on the shelves as she had read everything else. With a frown, she glanced around the corner into her usual quiet zone and was almost surprised to see someone sitting there. She picked up her pile of books, walking over to the seemingly frustrated person and rested them at the edge of the desk, the furthest away from the Gryffindor. "Need help, Little Lion?" Elysium quipped, her eyebrow curving upwards as she examined the pages in front of him.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet
Jobs: Alchemist/Professor
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed) Empty Re: I'll Forget You Within the Hour (Closed)

Post by James Orion Lupin Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:25 am

James started when he heard the books being placed on the desk, even though it was quiet. He hadn’t expected anybody to be in that area of the library. It had been why he chose it, after all. Lifting his gaze from the papers, he took in the sight of a pretty girl who he’d never seen before. Or at least, he didn’t remember seeing her. “Do I know you?” he asked, and unlike when it is usually said, it was a genuine question. He then shook his head, tracing his fingers over the words he’d written. “No,” he answered finally, “I don’t think anybody can help me.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:49 am

Elysium tilted her head at the little jump she witnessed with a pleased smile, always enjoying it when her constant silence came in handy. "No. No one does, however, I know you. That sounded creepier than it meant to be. I meant that I watch everyone...I am not helping myself. The hole is just being dug deeper.." She whispered the last part of herself, her rambling being something she hated about herself. She stared at his page, gnawing at her bottom lip before letting out a sigh. "It doesn't go like that...It's Draconifors that turns objects into dragons. Not Serpensortia. That one is the snake Summon spell. I suppose it is a common mistake." Elysium offered, hiding behind her hair as she sorted through her books. Her mind was flitting through possibilities of the boy's clear frustration and was coming up blank, it frustrating herself.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Orion Lupin Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:58 am

James frowned slightly in confusion, tilting his head to the side as he tried to figure out what she was talking about. After a few moments, he realised what she meant and he offered a small smile. “You’re observant, you mean?” he asked, tapping his finger lightly on the desk, “that’s alright. I mean, I wish I could be observant sometimes.” If he had the patience for it, he would have teased her lightly about her words, but for the moment he wasn’t. “It doesn’t?” he asked, looking down at his notes. He was pretty sure she was right, and as he glanced over the entire thing, he realised that if that was wrong, the rest was pretty much useless. Screwing the papers into a ball, dropped them into his bag and leaned forward, resting his forehead on his palm. “I’m completely screwed,” he muttered, momentarily forgetting that the girl was there.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:16 am

Elysium nodded slightly, running a hand through her hair and sat down slowly. "Aye. I'm observant. Besides, how do you not know a Lupin?" She pointed out with a little smile that was hidden by her brunette waves. She then pulled out one of her quills and pointed at the direction of the mistake with a sigh. "No. Common mistake, really. I have photographic memory so it was easy for me to remember." Elysium was then startled herself at his reaction, confused as to why he would be 'screwed' and she then pulled out her own notes to slide towards him. "Use those...They're quick notes though but I always add my book sources so if you ever need to know more, the book list is there." She suggested in order to help as she liked talking about knowledge, making her feel like someone could actually understand the way her brain works if she speaks about it.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Orion Lupin Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:45 am

James watched as the girl sat down in one of the other chairs at the table, and figured that some company would be fine. He hadn’t really been making many friends, only talking to those whom he had known before the battle. It was easier that way, though not exactly easy. “Yeah,” he agreed quietly, knowing that his father was fairly well known in their world. Following the line of her quill, he nodded slowly. He wished he could have a photographic memory.. or any kind of memory, for that matter. He was hopeful for it’s slow return, but he couldn’t even remember when to take the potions he had been prescribed. Instead, a house elf would appear with them when he needed them. “Oh, thank you,” he said softly, offering her a grateful smile. Hopefully they would be able to help him more than his own had, even if they were only quick. “I am having a lot of trouble with almost every class,” he admitted, not exactly sure why, “I’m James, by the way.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:16 am

Elysium usually would've sat elsewhere but this was mainly her spot; and she supposes the boys evident need for help was bugging her as she did not know the reason. Therefore did not know the solution. She scribbled down a few Ancient Runes notes and nodded at his thanks, hoping it would help with his study issues. Shock was clear on her expression as he said he was struggling in every class. "Perhaps you would like my extra notes of every class?" Elysium suggested, her curve of a smile small and faint but it faded at his words. "Which I have already stated that I know. But I'm Elysium if that is what you truly wanted to know."
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Orion Lupin Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:08 pm

James flushed when he noticed that she was shocked by the fact that he was having so much trouble with lessons. Having missed so many had been one thing, but this whole memory issue was another. It was difficult, and without any friends it was even worse. “If you wouldn’t mind, I would be extremely grateful,” he said, chewing on his lip as he read her notes. They were good. Not perfectly neat, but definitely readable and they made plenty of sense, so he asked, “would you mind if I made a copy?” James froze when she said that she’d already told him about knowing his name. “I, er..” he started quietly, looking away from the notes and back to her, figuring that he could be honest without spelling anything out, “I forgot you said that. And no, I didn’t really want your name. I’ll forget it within the hour, so there isn't really much point.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Elysium noted the blush, taking in the emotion of embarrassment slowly and made it look as though she was writing notes about the book in front of her when really, it was about humans emotional state and the signs of certain emotions. She shoved her hand into her bag, which she made bottomless with a simple spell and pulled out all of her notes from the years classes and slid them towards him. "Every note I've made this year." She explained with a shrug as if it were nothing compared to the previous years notes. "No need to make a copy. Keep it. I do not need it. You're the only one I've seen so far that actually cares about their education." Elysium stated her finding, her tone dreamy as she sorted through her mental database to see if there was anyone else apart from herself, her best friend and Antares.

However, the mention that he would forget her name within the hour snapped her out of her daze. "Wait, what? Forget me within the hour...oh that just won't do." Elysium said, her yearning to never be forgotten came into play and she shoved her hand into her bag once more and pulled out a notebook. "Here. Write the basics of what you've done today, everyone you've met and something about how you've met them. Like a memory jogger. And then, use a camera and take pictures to keep a face to the name." Elysium said, yanking out a camera from her bag as well that made moving photos.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Orion Lupin Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:11 pm

James left the girl to write her notes from the book as he read her notes from class. They were so much easier to understand than his were, and he knew that they would be able to help him a lot. His eyes widened as she placed a whole pile of other notes on the desk as well. He hadn’t even thought about getting the information for the part of the year that he had missed, otherwise it would be in his bag as well. “Wow, thank you,” he said, grinning widely, “these really are amazing. I appreciate it.” James hadn’t though the girl would actually understand what he had meant when he said he would forget, but she seemed to realize right away. He wanted to take it back for a moment, but he decided against it. Because having someone know, and actually try and help him, felt kind of nice. “Oh er.. okay,” he said, flashing her a bright smile before he took the notebook. “I can’t remember most of what I had done before getting here. I don’t even remember coming into the library,” he explained softy as he picked up a pen. He wrote the date from the calendar board before writing, leaving a space for a picture. Elysium, he wrote on a line, before adding on the line beneath: 19:00, Library. Observant, kind, thoughtful, smart.Can I have your picture?” he asked softly with a sheepish smile.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Elysium nodded lightly at the thanks, not sure of how to reply to such a thing and sorted through the pile putting them in order of classes. "I won't tell anyone." Elysium finally said after she finished sorting them, her slim and quick hands having placed them in separate folders. She knew some people wanted to be independent, a quality she admired as she hated those who relied on others, or threw themselves all over them. "If you don't mind me asking..How'd it happen? I don't mean to sound rude but I've always been fascinated with memory loss. Being a person who remembers everything. For example in about ten years time, you could come to me and ask what books I was reading on the day we met and I could list off the books, along with tell you the names of the ones on the shelf in front of us." She explained with a wave of her hand and she then shifted in her chair, to look over his arm to see what he was writing and she smiled behind her hair. "Of course, James. Come closer, we'll take it together so it's not some false picture of a random person." Elysium said, lifting up the camera with one hand and shifted closer to him. ''Smile!" The moment he did, the photo snapped and at the same time, her smile grew so the moving image would show a slow movement of her lips turning into a wide smile.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Orion Lupin Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 am

This time, when he felt the urge to hug her he did it. It was very brief and only with one arm as he leaned over the desk, but he was just trying to show that he was thankful that she wasn't going to use it against him. Or tell anyone. He watched her organise the notes, and he grinned happily. She really was trying to help him, and he appreciated it so much. He couldn't remember whether anyone else had tried, but in his mind she was the first person to actually care. "Oh.. um.." he mumbled, "I can't remember... I- here!" He reached into his bag and pulled out the file that had the copy of the notes written by his healer, "I think it's incase I need to go to the hospital or hospital wing. In fact.. I know so because the overbearing woman wrote as much on the front of the file it'll be able to tell you whatever you want to know, I guess." He flashed her a grin, pushing the file over to her across the desk. Smiling, he nodded putting his face next to hers in the frame of the camera. He laughed softly, genuinely happy, as the camera took its picture. "Why are you being so nice to me?" he asked her, gently biting his lower lip as he turned to look at her, wonder more than confusion in his eyes.
James Orion Lupin
James Orion Lupin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysium Kade Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:05 am

Elysium's entire body went stiff, eyes wide and mouth dropped slightly at the sudden touch. She was used to Antares but even that took a while to get used to. As he pulled away, she tried her best to recover but shock was still evident on her expression. "I-I urm..Okay..." She tentatively took the file and skimmed through it, nodding slowly as she did so. "Well. The only thing you need to know is that isn't permanent, that they're sure you'll remember better and I'll help." She murmured, running a hand through her hair and decided at that moment, she'll stick around. Placing the camera down, Elysium noted the wonder in his eyes along with the foggy confusion she recognized from all the looks in people's faces she's spoken to about even the simplest of things. "I'm not entirely sure. I don't talk to people but here I am, talking and helping you. Perhaps, It's because I know you need help and that I know I need help to be more human." She whispered the last sentence, tapping her bottom lip in thought as she chewed on the inside of her mouth.
Elysium Kade
Elysium Kade

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down