Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

A Long Time Coming (Ian)

2 posters

Go down

A Long Time Coming (Ian) Empty A Long Time Coming (Ian)

Post by Astoria Greengrass Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 pm

The letter had offered her a way out. Clear as day, her father had told her that he truly believed his sister had poisoned her young mind, and that he would have her back in an instant if she would just see that she was making the wrong decision. How naïve of him. But it had been so tempting, to follow Artemis’ advice, and just pretend so that she could leave the school. But no matter how tempting, she couldn’t leave. She had friends now- real friends. Not the people who smiled at her because they had to. So she had ignored it, pretended it didn’t exist.

Astoria was back where she had been when she’d read the letter the first time. Sitting out by the lake, leaning her back against a tree. But the time she was not bruised and bloody, and nor was she sad. She’d known what she wanted to do with her life- she’d known for years now. But this seemed so final. And instead of feeling sad, or like she’d lost something, she felt relieved. There was no going back, and she was okay with that. Pulling the letter out of her pocket, she looked at it for a few moments before placing it on the ground in front of her, and watched it go alight with a wave of her wand.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: Hogwarts Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

A Long Time Coming (Ian) Empty Re: A Long Time Coming (Ian)

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Ian was sitting in the grass under a large oak near the Black Lake, his back leaning against Neville's who had come out here with him. They had been talking about the latest happenings at Hogwarts and while the Gryffindor was still enraged about what had happened to Luna, Ian just wished that they could finally do something about the dreadful situation they found themselves in, here at the castle which used to be like a home to them. He hated to always have to worry about his friends because at any time the Death Eaters could just decide to kill one of them. It was not fair, but he had learned a long time ago that life was hardly ever fair and never easy.

Letting his gaze travel across the lake, he could actually imagine himself back in their sixth year, back when everything was relatively good. Yes, Voldemort had already been haunting their world and yes, they already had their fair share of fights, but at least Dumbledore had always been there to keep their little safe haven, their home, protected.

Suddenly, his eyes took in a familiar Slytherin and a smile lightened up his face. This seemed to be the usual reaction to seeing Astoria. And it had been for years. If he was honest to himself, Ian had to admit that she was more than just a friend for him. “Just go over to her, I’ll be fine by myself.” Neville commented, an amused smile on his lips and he gave his friend a light shove in the right direction.

Ian chuckled and got up, jogging over to the Slytherin girl, while Neville just shook his head. As he got closer, he saw her burning something and he came to stand behind her, looking over her shoulder at the ashes. “Love letter?” he asked jokingly, though he somehow hoped that she did not receive any from anyone, although if she burnt it … Shaking his head, Ian kneeled down beside her. “Mind if I sit here?” he asked, smiling at her.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:41 pm

As the letter burned, Astoria’s smile grew. It wasn’t some sick thing about pyrotechnics, it was about doing something physical in lieu of a final conversation with her parents. As the paper burned out, she heard the heavy footfalls that told her that someone was jogging toward her. Even the possibility of an attack didn’t deter her mood, and so the smile was still on her face to see who it was. She snorted at his question, shaking her head. “Definitely not a love letter. More like a you’ve fucked up your life and this is your last chance to save it letter,” she replied, before adding a cheerful, “hey Ian.” Shaking her head, she gestured without her hand the area around her and said, “of course you can.” She hadn’t noticed that he had been nearby before, and as she glanced around she saw Ian’s Gryffindor friend, Neville. “Did you come outside with Longbottom, then leave him over there by himself, Ian?” she asked disapprovingly, though she still had a smile on her face.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 am

For a moment, Ian just stood there, gazing back at the Slytherin who had turned to him with a wise smile which made her look utterly beautiful to him. Not that she wasn't always that pretty, but something about her was different today which made her look even more stunning to him. Shaking his head to himself, Ian dropped down into the grass beside Astoria with a happy grin, positioning himself so that he was very close to her without yet touching.

Her answer to his question made him frown slightly, though he could already guess who would write her something like that. "I wish your family would see that it is them who are heading into the wrong direction." he said with a tired sigh. As if the war wasn't horrible enough, it also had to pull families apart. For a second, James' face flashed through his mind, but he quickly pushed that away, focusing back on Astoria with a grin. "Ah don't worry about Neville. He actually told me to come here. Though I don't know whether it was because he wanted to get rid of me or because he actually thought that I would be better company to you than to him." Ian looked back at Neville who was now kneeling in the grass, probably looking for some interesting plants. "Somehow I'm almost inclined to think the former." Ian commented with a slight pout.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 am

Astoria wasn’t surprised that Ian was able to figure out who the letter had been from. He was lucky in a way- that his parents were not nut jobs. But at the same time, she knew that had her parents not been the way that they were she might not see things that same way that she did either. “I.. I used to wish that,” she replied, “but as of this morning, I couldn’t care less. They threatened to disown me, though I’m surprised they hadn’t already, but I have disowned them first. And it feels amazing.” The Slytherin raised an eyebrow, looking back across to where the Gryffindor was kneeling on the grass and she smiled. Neville had always been nice to her, though like most of the ‘good’ people she had met, she was sure that he’d been cautious about her to begin with. “He told you to come here?” she asked, “that was nice of him. You are definitely my most valued company.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:58 am

At her words, Ian had to snort and shake his head. How can parents just push away their own child, he wondered and although he had witnessed it often enough in the past few years, it was still hard to understand for him. At least it was comforting to see that Astoria did not seem all too upset by it anymore and he admired her for her strength. “Sometimes, people need to be left behind, even if it hurts.” He said quietly, pulling up his legs to rest his chin on his knees. There were too many people that just followed their family’s directions without ever questioning their motives and even though, he could understand loyalty to one’s family, Ian was of the opinion that your own conscience always should come first.  

Cheering up a bit at her comment about the value of his company, Ian leaned in a bit and grinned at her. “Hey, I could be your family now, what do you say?” he suggested jokingly. In his mind, all of his friends and especially Astoria were already part of his family.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Astoria nodded, knowing that he was right. She had taken so long to let go of the idea of her family, and her idea of them was far from what they actually were. She had been closed with her older sister, Daphne, their entire lives, but Daphne was gone now and so there was no reason to keep pretending. And Alaska, her half-sister who she was only just getting to know, had no real ties to their family. “I think that the only problem is that it should hurt more,” she said, “but it doesn’t. I was upset at first, but not so much now.

Turning to face him at his words, Astoria smiled brightly but shook her head. “You’re already my family, silly,” she said as though it was obvious, “I think that it helps that you are.” Leaning over, she wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him, before making herself comfortable against his side. “How have they been treating you since we came back,” she asked, having avoided the topic before then. She’d only done so, because she didn’t want the question turned on her, since she couldn’t effectively lie to Ian. Now, though, she didn’t really care.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Ian was observing his friend, trying to determine if she was just putting up a brave front to make him believe that she alright or if she was actually more or less alright with the situation at hand. She seemed to speak the truth though and he relaxed next to her again. He really hated to see her upset and he hoped that she would not have any more problems with her family. “Maybe it’s because you were already growing distant with them?” he wondered out loud. Ian knew if he would be in her situation, it would have been immensely hard for him to leave his family behind, but then again, they had not disowned him or were supporting a dark wizard.

His heart was skipping a beat when she suddenly got even closer to him, but Ian didn't waste time and put his arm around her shoulder, to hold her against his side. “I’m glad to hear that because I think of you as family as well, Astoria.” He said and smiled at her before resting his chin on her head. “I always take care of my family, so don’t worry, you will always have me around, if you want it or not.” He joked before turning serious again at her question. “Better than expected to be honest, but then again, I try not to be out on my own if I can help it and most of those Death Eaters are cowards and wouldn’t take on a group of us.” He told her, his voice clearly showing his disgust for such people. There had been a few incidents with them, but usually he had managed to hold his own in a fight with them and didn’t receive more than a few bruises. “Why? Did they do something to you?” Ian instinctively tightened his hold on her and his eyes narrowed.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Maybe,” Astoria agreed, because it was really the only thing that made sense. But she didn’t want to talk about her family anymore, because she didn’t need to. They’d made their choice and she’d made hers and there wasn’t really anything left to do about it. “I’m glad I have you, Ian. I don’t know what I did to deserve you,” she said, being sure to keep her tone light. But it was true. When she had met Ian, although she’d not agreed with her family, she was still a bit stuck up. She wasn’t exactly sure what made her change that part of her, though she had a feeling the war played its part. Astoria grinned when she heard him say that things had been better than he’d expected. At least he was doing alright that year. "They are cowards, aren't they?" she agreed, knowing that it was the truth. Of the young ones, at least. She’d known he would ask, though she’d hoped he wouldn’t. She kept her gaze on the lake as she shrugged and said, “once or twice.” It was a lie, of course. But once or twice was when she’d needed actual medical attention. The other times had just been some good bruise paste and a steady wand. So she hoped that it was a small enough lie that he wouldn't notice.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Ian blushed a little at her words and mumbled something unintelligible under his breath before sheepishly rubbing his neck. “Thanks, I guess, though I’m really nothing special. Just a friend who’s there if you need him.” He answered in kind, keeping his voice light, though the word “friend” did not really describe what he wanted to be any longer, but he wasn’t quite sure how to approach that subject. Would she even be interested or did she just saw him as a good friend who was there if she needed someone to talk to?
Caught up as he was in his ponderings, Ian didn’t quite notice that Astoria was lying to him; on the contrary, he was relieved that she seemed to be alright. “Damn them!” he cursed nonetheless, the picture of anyone hurting her not appealing to him at all. “I wish you would always have someone to walk around with you, so you’re not alone. They rarely target people in groups. As you say, they are horrible cowards, but so is Voldemort if you ask me, hiding wherever he is instead of facing us. Harry would have kicked his ass by now!” he muttered, resting his chin on her shoulder again, as he started out to the lake.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:31 am

Hmm?” Astoria said, glancing back at him, having not been able to hear what he had said, before shaking her head and saying, “you’re very special to me, Ian. And you’re a wonderful friend to your other friends as well. You shouldn’t undervalue yourself to much.” And it was true. Ian was probably the only true friend she had anymore, with her Slytherin friends now against her and her other friends mostly being his. She thought that Artemis was probably the only person who would still talk to her if she and Ian ever stopped being friends. She could tell that the conversation was bothering him, and it bothered her as well. The night of the battle should have been the end of all of this. But it wasn’t, and now they had to keep fighting even harder just to stay alive. Picking up his hand, she laced her fingers with it and rested them both in her lap. “We should talk about something else,” she said, leaning her head against the side of his face, “I’m really happy right now, remember?” Being genuinely happy these days was so rare, and she didn't want to ruin it because she was thinking about the people who were out to get them. Her eyes lit up as she grinned, standing up before tugging on his hand. "Dance with me?" she said, a homeage to the time she had made him dance with her in her third year.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Blushing slightly, Ian bowed his head at her words, feeling warmth enter his heart. If there was anyone whom he wanted to think of him as something special, it was definitely Astoria, as she was just the same for him. He just never really had found the courage to tell her that. “You’re very special to me as well. I … “ he stopped and looked up at her again. She had been one of his best friends for years now, but Ian had always held a special affection for her which was unlike what he felt for his other friends. For a while, all thoughts of the danger that was still lingering all around them were all pushed aside as he focused on what was between him and the Slytherin.

His heartbeat sped up when their hands touched and Ian enclosed her hand in his bigger one, simply holding on, enjoying the contact with her. “You’re right. We should treasure the moments of peace that we have. And I always feel especially happy when you’re with me.” He told her truthfully, smiling softly, as he pulled her into his arms for a moment. Just as he was about to get comfortable with his chin on her shoulder, Astoria got up and tugged him upwards as well. “You’re crazy!” Ian laughed, but easily fell back into the waltz they had practiced years ago. As he led her around the edge of the lake, he couldn’t pull his eyes away from her. “You’re beautiful when you’re happy, Astoria.” He murmured against her ear, his lips ghosting over her cheek, as he held her closer.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:26 am

Astoria was glad that Ian didn't want to dwell on the fact that she had cut her family from her life. She didn't need them, and they obviously only wanted her if she wasn't herself. She smiled softly when he returned her comment about him being special to her, his own words tugging at the feelings that she had pushed aside many times in the past. She had planned to tell him, and she would have. After the fear and danger of the battle, she had wanted to yell about just how much she cared for him. And then she'd managed to let his brother die, and it had not been the time after that.

The Slytherin laughed as he told her that she was crazy, because she didn't care even if she were and said, "maybe I am. But it's fun, right?" As they danced, she thought about how much things had changed since the last time they'd done so, at the Yule Ball. If she had to pinpoint the time when she had realised a change in her feelings, it would have been then. During the three years since, everything had changed, but still they were as close as ever. Astoria hadn't intended to do it, but as Ian paid her such a sweet compliment, she moved her face away just a tiny bit and pressed her lips gently against his. It was brief, and unintentional, and entirely ordinary, but her face flushed pink and she stepped away quickly. "I'm so sorry," she said quietly, wanting to flee before he could say anything, but instead she settled for fixing her gaze on the ground.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:00 am

Ian laughed along with the Slytherin, feeling his heart grow lighter with ever second that he spend with the girl and his green eyes sparkled with happiness and love as he gazed at her while they danced. “I wouldn’t want to change you for the world! I love crazy people, much more interesting.” He told her laughing spun her away from him and then back into his arms with practiced ease. After his first clumsy attempts years ago, he had asked his mother to teach him how to dance properly with a girl and now he was glad for it. Ian treasured every moment that he had with Astoria, even if he sometimes became all dorky around her when once again his deepening feelings for her resurfaced. Having her this close just drove it home again how much he loved this girl, who on first glance might be so very different from him.

Suddenly, he was pulled out of his musings by the touch of gentle lips on his own and his eyes that had been somewhat unfocused before, zoomed in on her blushing face. “Astoria … “ Ian could only stare at her in wonder for a second, but when she pulled away from him, he quickly made up his mind. He was done, dancing around her all the time, without ever admitting to his feelings outright, so he stepped forward and pulled her back against him. “I hope you’re not actually sorry because then I’d make a great mistake now … “ he whispered and then leaned in to kiss her, putting all the pent up emotions into the touch.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:31 pm

She was embarrassed, devastatingly so, as she stood a step away from her best friend and waited for him to say something. Astoria was not a person who could lie to herself, and she knew that she had wanted to do what she had for a while.. for years, even. But she hadn't meant to actually do it. The only reason she didn't was because she couldn't stand the thought that she would lose Ian over unrequited feelings that she had managed to cover so well so far. That was how it worked. People couldn't handle those kinds of emotions when all they wanted was a platonic friendship, so she was about to laugh it off and claim that she had just been caught up in the moment.

His voice saying her name made her falter as she brought her gaze up to speak. Their dynamic hadn't changed in the years that they had been friends, but now she had changed it and a part of her was curious about what he would say. But he hardly said anything, and his words made her brow pull together in confusion, until he had pulled her back to him and kissed her. He'd kissed her and she couldn't quite grasp that it was because he had wanted to. But she felt it, as she pulled herself from her confusion to kiss him back, not quite so gently this time and in an entirely different way. When she did pull back, because she needed to catch her breath, she stared at Ian for a few moment with confusion and wonder mixed in her gaze before she laughed. It was soft, but she laughed as she shook her head and said, "I've wanted to do that for three years, Ian. Three years."
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Ian could feel the tension radiate of his friend, though he wasn’t sure how to judge it. Did she really regret kissing him and had he just made a grave mistake? Or had he finally managed to get to where he wanted to be with her? For so long, he had been imagining them as more than just friends; picturing himself taking her out on dates, being allowed to call himself her boyfriend. He had wanted to kiss her for so long, but felt that it was wrong to pressure her or ask something she was not willing to give. He’d rather adore her from afar, than lose her friendship.  Now, though, he was so close, even kissing her right here, but Ian couldn’t really enjoy it yet, as his whole body was wrought with tension.

Finally, finally! She started to respond to his kiss and Ian drew confidence from that. If she was happy  and ready to move their friendship to something deeper, than they could work out all the awkwardness. Just knowing that she felt like he did was enough to make his heart lighter again and he wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close against his chest. Their kiss became more intense and heated as they both finally gave in to their needs and Ian couldn’t wipe the silly grin off his face that had appeared as soon as they had drawn apart for air. “That was … “ he trailed off, not able to think of any word great enough to describe his feelings at that moment. Looking right back at her beautiful face, Ian couldn’t tear his eyes from her smile. “So did I! You have no idea how often I just wanted to pull you close and show you what I feel for you.” He told her, shaking his head at his own stupidity. He could have spared them both the wait. But now he just felt content. There was no use in being angry about missed chances.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Astoria Greengrass Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:00 am

Astoria couldn't believe it. She had been friends with the Hufflepuff for years and had loved him for more than she should for almost as long. And now he told her that he had as well. Being the Hufflepuff that he was, Ian didn't seem to be overly interested in being frustrated with her. But despite his good influence, she was definitely no Hufflepuff and her eyes narrowed significantly. "Are you kidding me?" she said, "Ian! You should have said something! I was designed to keep my emotions to myself, but you are supposed to wear them like a happy little flag above your head. My gosh!"

Despite wanting to be angry, Ian's good influence had at least made it easier for her to be reasonable and she quickly adjusted her expression. Because she was only frustrated because she was surprised and more importantly, she was thrilled by his response to be potentially stupid act. And so, if only to make it clear that this development would not impact their friendship too much, a smug smirk pulled at her lips and she said, "I hope you know I'm never going to let you forget that I, the unreasonably closed off Slytherin, made the first move." Then she kissed him again, just a brief brush of her lips against his before sitting back down on the grass and grinned. "We're both idiots, aren't we?"
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down