Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13) Empty Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:30 pm

The snow fluttered down softly, adding to the light blanket that covered the ground of Hogsmeade. Winter loved it, every part of it, and it showed on the smile she wore. Exiting one of the candy shops, she took a seat on one of the many benches that filled the small square near the edge of the village. Her head ached slightly from all the commotion of everyone excited for the tournament, the holiday, and everything else that came with this time of year. Sighing, she tucked her blonde hair behind her ears and took out the devices that helped her to hear the world around her. It was just too loud... And, while she normally didn't do this unless she was in her room or common room, just a little break would be ok.

Setting them on her leg to keep them out of the snow, Winter leaned back and lightly rubbed her eyes with her gloved hands. Already, the ache was beginning to subside as she relished the near silence she was plunged into. However, the peace she was seeking was shattered when she felt movement on her leg. Snapping her attention to her lap, her brow furrowed when she saw the devices gone. Looking at the snowy ground, she felt her heart start to race when the opalescent shimmer didn't meet her eyes. Casting a quick look around, she spotted the billowing green and black cloaks of two young Slytherins only a few paces ahead of her. "Hey! You little pricks, give those back!" she shouted, getting up and jogging after them.

Turning to look at her, the dark haired boy grinned devilishly at her while his brown haired partner shouted back, "Why should we?" She didn't hear what he said, but she could guess based on what his lips told her. Seeing him nudge the other, the dark haired boy nodded and threw them into the clearing next to the square. "Damn you, both..." Winter growled as her heart sank at seeing them fly through the air and land in the snow. Running off before she could do anything to them, the first years snickers smugly to themselves. Running past another Gryffindor, they paid him no mind and continued on their way, high-fiving each other as they went. Fuming with both the boys and herself for doing what she didn't normally do, Winter began the hunt for her devices. As a gust of wind, blasted against her face, she felt it grab a hold of her house scarf, and before she could grab it, it came free and sailed on the wind behind her. "This is just not my day..." she sighed to herself as she looked behind her, but turned back to search for the devices that would be tricky enough to find in the snow. She could always get a new scarf if she didn't find hers...

Thankfully, the wind carried it to the same Gryffindor the Slytherin brats ran by, landing at his feet...

Last edited by Winter O'Donnell on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13) Empty Re: Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13)

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Drake cracked his neck as he walked down the paths of hogsmeade village. Usually he spent these afternoons training with his brothers but for once everyone was off having a good time and he was relishing the break. Shouting broke his thoughts and two boys ran past him, followed by a girl. Shrugging he went to keep walking when her scarf flew from her and before it folded at his feet he caught it wrapping the burgundy and gold fabric around his hand. He approached the blonde walking up to her but pausing a few steps away " 'scuse me?"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13) Empty Re: Even In a World So Loud, I Hear You (Drake) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Letting her eyes scan he area in front of her, looking for anything that wold mark a disturbance to the snow showing that the small items she sought were nearby, Winter tried to not get frustrated. She would find them. However, being unable to hear well, she didn't hear the boy come up behind her and speak. it was times like these she wished she could hear like everyone else. Winter didn't normally mind how her world was, but being plunged into a near silent world made her feel exposed. Continuing her search, she sighed...

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:54 pm

The girl didnt respond or react to him as he spoke to her, frowning he walked up behind her and grabbed her shoulder "Hey i just want to give you damn scarf" he said gruffly his famous Black temper showing in the way his eyes darkened and his brow furrowed.
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Feeling a hand grab her shoulder, Winter jumped and turned to look at the boy behind her. A look of focus marked her features as she heard a soft muttering, but couldn't make out what he was saying. Even without hearing his words, Winter knew he was cross. "I'm sorry..." she said, frustration making her shake her head and look away. Sighing heavily, she looked back up at him and managed a small smile. "I can't hear you..." she said softly, a touch of that frustration in her words. As if things couldn't get any worse. Her devices were missing, her scarf was taken by the wind, and now a boy, about her age and handsome to boot, was cross with her and she couldn't hear him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:07 pm

For a moment he frowned her words were soft and timid as if she didnt know how to speak. "Can't hear?" he repeated then a look of realization crossed his features. Nodding his brow smoothed and his eyes cleared he placed her scarf around her neck and gently secured it, hands now free he racked his brain to remember the signs he had learned a few years ago when there neighbor Millie Cobblepot had taught him so she could have someone to help her do chores. The old woman had spent hours with him and he worried he forgot, remembering he carefully signed the question "are you deaf?"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Seeing his features lighten, Winter smiled softly as he tied her scarf around her neck, making it secure so the wind wouldn't be able to take it away again. At least she had that back. "Thank you," she spoke to him as he seemed to think long and hard about something. When the boy signed to her if she was deaf, her blue eyes lit up at finding he knew sign. Shaking her head, she told him, "No... Well, nearly, but no." Looking back where she was hunting for her devices, Winter glanced back to him. "I can when I have... Those boys tossed my devices into the snow..." she told him, a small flush coloring her cheeks.

Last edited by Winter O'Donnell on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Scowling at her words he signed, "I'll help. don't worry we will find them" turning he took careful steps away from her, his keen eyes scanning the snow, seeing a indent he dropped down and dug into the snow his hands turning red from the cold. Pulling out a small metal object he smiled realizing he had found one already.

Standing he walked back towards her cleaning the device off on his sweater, cupping her chin in his large hand he brushed her hair over her shoulder and slipped the hearing aid over the ear it belonged too and turned it on. Giving her his usual lopsided grin he said "better?"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Watching as he got up and began searching, she couldn't help but take all of him in. He returned quickly, smiling, and she could only guess that he had found one of them. He cleared it of the snow with such care that Winter was touched. The boy's hand was cold against her chin as he placed the device in her ear, causing her to shiver thanks to how cold it had gotten. Better?

Smiling brightly she nodded, "Yes. Much better. Thank you." Getting up and following the path he took, Winter spotted an indent in the snow not much farther from where he had found the first. Brushing the snow aside, she spotted the second device and scooped it up. Brushing the snow from it, she returned it to her other ear and sighed contently when the sounds of the world filled both ears. Turning to the boy, she held out her hand to help him up. "Thank you so much for helping me," Winter said happily.

Last edited by Winter O'Donnell on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Standing he shrugged "Its no problem..really. Care to join me for some hot chocolate?" he poked her pink nose with a playful smirk "it looks like you could use it snowflake"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:43 pm

"Snowflake?" Winter mused at the name he called her by. "Hot chocolate sounds nice. But, I think you might need it more than me," she added, glancing at his hands, pink from the cold. Taking a step towards him, she took his hands in hers, cupping around them and lightly blew warm air over them, warming them slightly. Seeing the pink fade, she glanced up at him and smiled. "Better?" she asked much like he had to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:16 pm

He chuckled and pulled her to him putting a arm around her waist leading her to three broomsticks "my name's drake" he said "Drake Maddox Black...your Winter aren't you? we have defense against the dark arts class together"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Looking down at Drake's hand as his arm circled her waist, Winter followed him to The Three Broomsticks. "Drake... You have a little sister in our house, right? Serena?" she asked, "It's nice to meet you. Yes, I'm Winter, Winter O'Donnell. I sit behind you in Defense Against the Dark Arts." Leaning gently into the warmth from his body, Winter was surprised as just how warm he was giving how chilly it was outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:53 pm

"Serena yeah shes my little baby sister" he chuckled "i'd have known a pretty girl like you sooner but i'm usually skipping class, goofing around with my brothers or sleeping. I should really cut that out old mad eye and my mom and dad go way back he could really get me done over" he held the door for her and found them a booth. Helping her out of her coat in the warm tavern he hung it on a peg by the booth before letting his fall off his muscular shoulders and sliding into his seat.
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Giggling lightly, Winter smiled as he held the door open for her and took her coat, hanging it up as she sat, before doing the same with his own and taking a seat. "It's alright. I don't tend to speak up a whole lot in class or when I've seen you in the Common Room. Granted, chance are I wouldn't have heard you there," she said with a shrug. "Is that why you are often not in class? I wouldn't put it past Moody to already be on to you," Winter teased as the waitress came over to take their order. Ordering a hot chocolate with a sprinkle of cinnamon, Winter glanced to Drake to allow him to order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Ordering the same drink he shrugged "i dont like to stay still im always moving" he said "usually im alone or Malphas or Harry are on my tail buti never stop."
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:02 pm

"My brother is much the same way," she mused, thinking about Andrew and how he tended to be always on the go. "How do you sit still long enough to rest then?" Winter asked, tucking her blonde hair behind her ears, exposing both of her hearing devices, and removing her scarf, folding it and draping it over the back of her chair. Turning back to him, Winter folded her hands on the table and brought her bright eyes to his face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:27 pm

"Malphas my older brother or my dad usually knock me out...literally. Or i collapse" he grinned at her "so snow flake why are you out alone? dont you have miles of boys barking up your tree?"
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Laughing lightly at just how he was made to stop, Winter shook her head playfully. When their drinks arrived, she smiled and thanked the waitress and put her hands around the warm cup, welcoming the heat that seeped into her petite hands. Shrugging her shoulders, Winter answered simply, "The world was too loud." Looking up at him, she blushed warmly and shook her head. "I don't actually have a lot of boys chasing after me, Drake. But, that's ok," she answered him with a sweet smile. It really didn't bother her too much that many girls her age had boyfriends. Sure, her eyes caught sight of many boys, but, she never really thought to act on that. Maybe it was the same for the boys whose eyes she caught.

Last edited by Winter O'Donnell on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Maddox Black Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:38 am

He frowned a bit reaching across the small table he touched her cheek tucking her hair behind her ear exposing her hearing aid. "I dont understand why not" he said his voice soft "your so beautiful..im ashamed i haven't seen you before..." he dropped his hand and sipped at his hot chocolate a light blush in his cheeks. Something that hadnt been seen since his sister had managed to embarass him that one summer when she pulled his pants down at the beach.
Drake Maddox Black
Drake Maddox Black
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:57 pm

His touch against her cheek was warm and almost seem to tingle lightly. When he tucked her blonde hair behind her ear, allowing the light to catch and dance in an assortment of colors across her hearing device Winter shrugged. "Maybe they aren't all for different," she said softly, dropping her eyes to her cup. Her condition didn't normally bother her, after all, everyone was different in their own way, but, for whatever reason, the idea that her different kept the boys away kind of made her sad. Drake's compliment of her beauty made Winter look up at him through her lashes and smile, a rosey pink coloring her pale cheeks. "Don't worry about it, Drake. I don't often draw attention to myself, and you, more often then not, tend to be focused on other things then a little blonde girl like me," she mused lightly. Seeing a blush to match hers on his face, Winter bit the corner of her lip lightly and tipped her head slightly to the side. Tucking her hair on the opposite side behind her ear, she reached out and rested her hand on his wrist. "It's really alright. You know, you're pretty handsome, too..." Winter told him both to reassure him and compliment him, the flush in her cheeks deepening slightly, before she brought her hand back to her cup. She had taken notice of him before today, but never really spoke up about it, and now that he was sitting across from her, Winter couldn't help but really see just how attractive a young man he really was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Lestrange Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 am

His cheeks darkened and he got up suddenly "Excuse me" he said and walked towards the bar, he could be seen speaking to the barkeep there heads bent in discussion. After a few moments he disappeared to the back of the bar. Five minutes passed and he returned coming out of the back of the pair he ruffled his hair and walked over to Winter. "So something tells me you love this time of year" he said his mischevious grin on his face. And held out to her a hand made poinsetta flower crown, "For the beautiful snow princess i happened to stumble upon today" the flowers alternated between red and white but the shades matched her hair perfectly.
Chase Lestrange
Chase Lestrange
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Winter was a little surprised when Drake suddenly got up and excused himself. Granted, it could be for any reason, really. Watching him converse with the barkeep, she wondered just what he was up to. When he vanished into the back, Winter's brow furrowed before she dropped her eyes back to her hot chocolate. As she waited, she wondered just what was going on. Had Drake simply left her high and dry? Nah... He was a Gryffindor. He certainly didn't seem like the type to do something like that. Especially after he was so kind before. To help pass the time that seemed to drag on for forever until he returned, Winter allowed some of her non-verbal magic to drift from her fingers into her cup, forming different swirls of frost to appear on it's surface. Before long, she set her cup aside and folded her hands against her chin. Where had he gone?

Hearing footsteps approach, Winter looked up and smiled to find Drake returning to the table, one hand being drug through his hair and the other hidden behind his back. "I wondered where you-" she began before she stopped and looked at the crown of festive flowers he was offering her. Bringing her bright eyes up to him, Winter felt her heart skip and then begin to race. No one, outside her family, had ever done something like this before, and, if she was honest, it spooked her. "Drake... It's lovely," she said softly, reaching out to touch the petals of one of the red blooms. She was touched and to be called a snow princess, Winter suddenly felt very nervous, but she kept it in check, showing nothing to the handsome prince before her. "What made you guess I love this time of year?" Winter asked, trying to keep the nervous tremor out of her voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:59 pm

He smiled and placed it on her soft blonde hair "because i dont think anyone named winter could hate christmas and i realized i have seen you and the way you watch the snow fall outside the classroom." picking up his jacket having already paid for the drinks he said "Would you like to walk with me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Holding perfectly still as Drake placed the crown of flowers gently on her head, Winter couldn't help but smile at his explanation as to just why he believed her to love this time of year. So, he had taken notice of her, in some small form. As he picked up his jacket and asked her to walk with him, Winter paused for a moment. Her blue eyes searched his face before looking into his eyes. Nodding, she smiled tenderly and answered, "I'd love to. It's snowing..." Winking as she got up and donned her scarf and coat, she added, "You're right, you know. I love, not just Christmas, but the whole season of winter. Everything that comes with it. Especially...memories..." Her last words grew soft and gentle, as if the very words were something to be treasured.

Looking up at him, her eyes twinkled in the candlelight from the tables around them, the flowers on her head complimenting not just her hair, but her over all being. "Shall we?" Winter asked whimsically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next