Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Strange new World... (open)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange new World... (open) Empty Strange new World... (open)

Post by Mischa Salander Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 am

It took Mischa couple of days to reach any kind of so called civilization. And it was slightly disappointing, that instead of all those cities and amazing places her mom spoke about, all she found was old and quite creepy campground which she deemed abandoned until she took a closer look. Putting letter with all the needed information from her mom back into her backpack, she sighed and decided to approach the place. It was not what she expected, but it was a start. As the sun started rising above horizon, she straightened up her wig, that hid her obviously, painfully ginger hair. She was not sure why she needed this, but her mom told her never to reveal herself to the people. Apparently she shared some obvious genes with her father. Maybe mom was just paranoid. But Mischa promised. And if nobody, who else was worth keeping promises for?

Silently, yet with slight clumsiness cause by nervousity from meeting another actual humans, she walked through still sleeping campground, not really sure, what exactly she was doing. Not like she would learn anything by this.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Strange new World... (open) Empty Re: Strange new World... (open)

Post by Bill Weasley Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:32 am

The slight buzzing of his wand woke Bill from a sleep that could not be described as anything other than fitful. He had not slept properly in a very long time and if it weren't for the fact that he needed it to survive he probably wouldn't manage it at all. The buzzing, as it were, was a response to the wards that were so tightly held around the campground, though he knew that they were not as strong as they could have been if he had access to the resources that his job has once provided him. Exceptionally strong witches and wizards could get through them, though usually he would still be notified in some way. He could tell, though, that this person was neither magically strong nor experienced and that allowed him the peace of mind to pull on his day clothes before slipping from his tent.

It didn't take him long to find her, a mere girl who, his only guess was, had wandered unknowingly into their camp. Of course, he was not stupid enough to underestimate anybody, but he would not go to her on the offensive. "Hello," he said softly as he approached her, "are you lost?"
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: -

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Mischa kept wandering around for so long, she pretty much gave up on her first contact with cvivilization to be near. So when someone spoke to her, she jumped in surprise. Staring at the man now in front of her, she could hardly hide her fascination. She never met any other human, but her mother. In her mind, everyone looked like her, despite the fact Mischa herself knew it hardly make sense, since she herself looked different, than her mother. "Uhm, I..." she tried to think of something, anything she was planning to say and ask the whole time. "Hi," she said finally. "I am Mischa. I got lost. Well... not really... I... I am looking for someone," she said awkwardly, but at least that was over with.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:05 am

The girl was striking, with a pretty face and a slight build. She couldn't have been more than fifteen, and Bill found himself scrutinising her for a little longer than may have been considered normal. She was vaguely familiar, but he quickly concluded that it was because his sister was near the girl's age, and he had not seen her in quite some time. "I am Bill," he answered hesitantly, unsure how much to reveal to the seemingly harmless girl, "who are you searching for? I may be able to help, as this is my camp that you have wandered in to." He kept his tone soft, as not to wake any nearby campers and to not startle the girl. It would do him no good to do so if she was simply looking for someone as she had said.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:21 am

"My mother," Mischa said. "She... I have not seen her for quite some time. Actually, I am not even sure... what year is this?" she asked finally, obviously realizing how out of place she must have been. It didn't occur to her before now, that curse might have taken more, than few months to wear off. Her mom warned her, that things might go wrong, but Mischa did not think of it until now. What if her mom was long gone by now? How many years had passed?
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:52 am

"If I am going to be able to help you, I will need more than that," Bill said good naturedly, gesturing toward the camp, "we have a lot of people here, not to mention those who are not camping." Tilting his head very slightly, he wondered if the girl had been a student in the school when the curse took hold. Why else would she be having such difficulty knowing the date. He didn't recognise her, but many younger students were well off of his radar when he was at school. "It is two thousand and forty eight," he answered, watching the girl's face for her reaction, "did you go to Hogwarts?"
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 am

"Crap!" Mischa curse slightly, when the man told her the year. It did not necessarily mean her mother was dead, but if she was, she was definitely not as young as she remembered her. "Sorry," she apologized quickly, when she realized her rudeness. At mention of Hogwarts, curiosity returned to her face. "Hogwarts? The school? No. You could say I was homeschooled. But my mom went there. It's about all I know. That, and how she looked like," Mischa said into the silence of sleeping camp, suddenly terrified. She knew nothing. Not even her mother's name.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:31 am

Hannibal cursed to himself as he slid into his boots. He had promised himself he would not turn anyone in but this was the final straw. He didn't care for the hufflepuff girl, why would he? She was nothing to him, but he had seen the way his father looked at her, she was everything to him. Sliding his coat over his broad shoulders he pulled up his hood and sheathed his wand. He had witnessed Nymphadora getting into fights again, she was protecting those younger then her, and some of the more wreckless students took issue with her trouble making. These students were the children of death eaters, but like Aunt Morana his aunt morana had explained they were the children of the death eaters loyal to the dark lord, and those children were pure evil and unable to be stopped. 

She had been taken, they had hurt her badly and he found her in the courtyard, bleeding, he had taken her to the infirmary but he knew it would happen again and with the owls being read every time they leave the castle his father had no way of knowing that his woman was being wreckless and landing herself in serious trouble. 

Slipping from his dormitory he cursed internally again, he really should leave that dumb girl to rot but he loved his father, and seeing harm come to her would harm him. Hannibal couldn't allow that. Walking down the hill towards the forest he disappeared from the grounds with a snap. 

Appearing on the hilltop he walked down to the old camp ground, his eyes adjusting to the early morning light easily as he began to walk towards the perimeter, seeing two figures he drew his wand cautiously walking towards them, only relaxing when he recognized his dad's mop of ginger hair. "Father" he said in a low voice, a smile coming to his lips. His eyes went from the only living parent he had to the girl, frowning slightly he wondered to himself, if this new girl was his father's woman now, part of him was annoyed that he may have made this trip for no reason, had his father found someone new or someone to play with.
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:58 am

Mischa was disturbed by sudden amount of people surrounding her, feeling slight panic rising in her chest. They were just people. Mom said they won't hurt her if she was careful. But still, her hearbeat became faster, breath more shallow. She looked at the other man, a bit younger from how she judged, and for some reason, she felt a hint of something familiar. Which only confused her more. "Hi," she said finally into a silence, her voice obviously shaking. "I am Mischa. You are?" she tried. This is how people make conversation, right?
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:02 am

Hannibal appraised her cooly as he lowered his hood, before looking back to his father. Her weak voice reached his ear and at the mention of her name his head snapped back to look at the girl in alarm, his eyes narrowed and he stared at her hard, hardly daring to allow himself to speak as his heart raced and his mind ran away. It couldn't be, could it? She wouldnt me, its a common name in eastern europe, he'd met other mischa's before. But there was something about the name, spoken on her voice that sent electricity running down his spine.
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:18 am

At the sudden response to his answer, Bill knew that somehow this girl had been frozen as well. It was the way that many from his time acted when hearing how much time had passed, after all. The girl was obviously anxious, and he wondered if she interacted with people often. "It's naught to worry, Mishca," he said, offering his usual lazy grin, though it looked out of place below his worn and weary eyes, "your mother? What is her name, I may have known her." Of course, the woman was probably a lot older than he was, but his parents had known a lot of people in their time.

Without anything to say in order to continue their conversation, Bill was almost happy to hear the familiar sound of apparition nearby. Turning to face the young man who had arrived, he smiled at his boy, though obviously concern appeared in his eyes, and said, "I didn't know you were coming, Hannibal. Is everything okay?"

The girl had introduced herself to Hannibal and The boy had not responded. His ears, so much more sensitive than they had once been, could hear the way that Hannibal's heart rate sped up as he looked at Mischa with an odd expression on his face. Feeling a little more on edge, the red head offered a smile to the girl and said, "this is my son Hannibal. I think you've caught him off guard."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:24 am

Mischa looked from one man to another. Obviously lost. "I... aren't you too close in age to be son and a father?" she managed to get out, going with information her mother gave her. But her look turned sad very fast. "I don't know her name. It was just me and her, my entire life, she was just a mom to me," she explained. "She had brown hair. Dark. And bright eyes. A bit of freckless, always sad look. She was not small but not tall either," Mischa desciribed her mom to her best ability. "I know it's not much. I just... I have to start somewhere," she explained. "Last time I saw her, was about 37 years ago. She was about 35 back than," she added.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:54 am

As the girl described her mother, Hannibal's frown deepened. This didn't sound right, it didn't add up at all. "He is my father" he said, a slight edge to his voice "We do not need to explain ourselves to the likes of you". Protectively the younger man took a step closer to his father, angling himself so if the girl presented herself as a danger he could protect him. His eyes traveled from her own eyes down to something hanging from her neck, he watched as the girl twirled the pendent through her fingers and he felt like he had been dunked in ice cold water. "..Mum" he whispered as shock swept over him, then anger. stepping towards the girl he reached out and gripped her wrist "Where did you get this necklace!?" memories of seeing it hanging around his mother's neck "it was my mothers" he growled "my grandfather gave it to her...Where did you get it!?"
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:09 am

Confusion was only growing, if that was possible, on Mischa's face. Well, at least iuntil that boy decided to attack her for her necklace, the one that was HER moms. Incredibly fast, her wild animal instincts came to the surface and she used her dagger to put it towards Hannibal's throat. "No, that was my mothers and don't you dare to ever attack what's mine again," she growled, defense clear in her voice. People confused her. But she was not scared. And she would protect he mother's legacy till she dies.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:24 am

Bill could tell that Hannibal was not entirely comfortable, and although he wanted to leave the two teens to talk without his interruption, but dropped a hand on his son's shoulder and said, "it's a long story, really." It wasn't really, but Bill preferred not to linger for too long on the topic. Hannibal was his son- end of story.

The description given by the girl made an image of another girl appear in his mind. A girl with a name so similar to Mishca's and a life that she had taken so long to come around to only for Bill himself to take it away. His thoughts of Misha had distracted him for less than a moment, but in that time Hannibal had taken the girl roughly by the wrist and was growling in her face. In two fast strides, he was beside the pair and had one hand on Hannibal's shoulder and the other around his forearm. "Let her go," he said softly, "let her explain herself."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:26 am

Hannibal stood his ground, unperturbed by the girl's knife at his neck, reaching to her wrist he pressed down on it using his thumb as he crushed a pressure point that would send searing hot pain through her arm. The knife went limp and he shoved it away, a growl rumbled in his chest but he stepped back nodding to his father, that he would allow her to speak.
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:31 am

Whoever this Hannibal was, Mischa did ot like his approach. Fear clear in her eyes, she back away. "I am just looking for my mother. I apologize that my presence upset you so much, but I don't know you and after this, I am not sure I wish to change that. I will not bother you again. Goodbye," she said and turned around, leaving them behind. Whoever those people were, they were not going to help her. She needed to find someone else. Feeling tears pressing their way out, she ran to the forest and hid, just so she could cry in peace. Her mom was all she had left. what will happen without her?
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 am

Bill watched as the girl fled, and turned to his son with an expression crossed between mild amusement and disappointment. "Someone needs to learn how to use his big boy words instead of his hands," he whispered, throwing the young man a quick wink before he headed in the direction that the girl has left in, "wait here." The girl was easy to find, of course, her scent staying in his mind more easily than most. When he found her, he remained a few paces away and said, "I'm sorry that we frightened you, Mishca," he said, "will you tell me more about your mother? I might be able to help you find her if I know a little more."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Hannibal rolled his eyes as his father took off after the stupid girl. Following him he stood a few feet away, his arms crossed as he listened to the two speak.
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Mischa didn't want to be followed, she wanted to be alone. She never wanted to talk to people anyway. And with how much time has passed, her mom was unlikely still alive anyway. "I don't know anything else. She was on a run. Years ago. I remember her young. She had me very young, I could tell. She was like 35, probably less, when she froze me. And she used to be Ravenclaw. She used to say I have grandma's eyes and that she wished I could met her. But that was it. I don't even know her name, or anything about my family, really. This was a bad idea. Just leave me alone," she hissed finally, hiding her face in her knees, shutting herself down.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Bill could tell that the girl didn't really want to talk anymore, but he couldn't bring himself to leave her outside alone. He really did want to help her find her mother if he could, or at least help her learn what happened to her. He knew, that if she was so young when she had Mishca, and had attended Hogwarts, when she can't have left very long before the curse took hold. What made it worse what that there was a heavy feeling in his stomach, that told him he knew who Mishca was looking for. But every time he tried to reach for that answer, it slipped further from his reach. His eyes landed on the necklace laying against the girl's throat, and his own tightened as he looked over to Hannibal. He stood abruptly and walked over to his son, reaching into the young man's pocket and pulling from it a pouch much like many wizards carried to hold their money and other valuable items. He didn't say anything as he put his hand into the pouch and pulled out a slightly worn moving photo graph before returning the pouch and walking back to Mishca.

"It's a long shot," he said, his voice no longer quite because of the time, but rather because of the thought that now held every part of his mind, "but did she look anything like this?" Bill held the photograph for a few moments longer, preparing himself for whatever answer would be given. Then, he quickly put the photograph on the girl's lap and waited for her to take a look.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:03 pm

Hannibal scowled and bit back a retort as his dad effectively pick-pocketed him. He felt his nerves flutter as he handed the girl the photo of his mother, he swallowed hard, his gaze never leaving her as he waited for her to speak. His mind was a whirlewind of pain and disbelif but he remained silent.
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mischa Salander Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Mischa first did not want to look at anything. She just wanted them gone. But after a few minutes of their persistence, her curiosity won and she took a look. Her eyes widened at image of what could be teenage version of her mom. It was very unlikely this was not her. Mischa felt familiar warmth of hope in her chest and smile crossed her face. Despite the fact her mom was obviously so much younger on the picture, maybe they still know her. Why else would the boy just randomly carry her photo? "Momma!!! You know her?! Where is she?! How she?! Can I see her?!" she jumped to her feet with sudden excitement.
Mischa Salander
Mischa Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Weasley Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Bill watched the girl, and it seemed that she was refusing to look at the picture. But after a while, she did look and the red head held his breath. It really was a long shot, but part of him had hoped that Misha was somehow still alive and perhaps he had been right. The girl eyed the photograph for a few minutes before she became suddenly animated. Bill flinched at the reaction, but quickly recovered and realised that he was still no closer to finding the girl's mother. "We knew her," he said quietly, looking to Hannibal almost as if seeking help, "I don't know where she is, and until now believed that she died while we were still at school. But I have some people that I could ask about her." Again, he looked over to his son, wanting to tell Mishca about how they had known her mother, but being unable to find the right words to use.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannibal Salander Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 am

Hannibal's jaw tightened, his eyes narrowed and he felt his heart throb with pain. "No" he hissed "My mother..Mischa Salander is dead. She killed herself. She left me. There is no way she gave birth..to you" he bit back the end of a sneer trying to mask the anquish in his eyes. No this couldn't be real, why would she do this to him, abandon him..leave him..
Hannibal Salander
Hannibal Salander
Founder/Head Admin
Founder/Head Admin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next