Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

A hopeless case (Open)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A hopeless case (Open)  - Page 2 Empty Re: A hopeless case (Open)

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Vincent's expression went flat. "No one should be killing themselves. Training, I can endorse. Suicide is a little drastic, don't you think?"

Then, to Sophia, he inquired, "Why did you transfer, then? It probably would've been at least a little safer if you'd stayed in France." There must be some logic behind a move as dangerous as that one.

Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:09 pm

"My father is the one who made me transfer. He wanted me to learn to defend myself. Not stuck in a school with some prissy princesses as he put it. I say its ridiculous." Sophia said still in a dark mood. After a few minutes, she returned to normal however and looked up at Vincent and gave him a soft smile

Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

"Aww why, is that supposed to scare me, girl?" Violet actually had to laugh at the other student and she bit her lip to keep from continuing. "Here I was trying to give you a good advice and you threaten me? Trust me, I saw scary things you couldn't even imagine and you're not one of them." she gave back coldly before turning to the Ravenclaw. "I agree, usually. I think suicide is for cowards, but it is still the truth, if she can't protect herself then she will be killed or probably worse, tortured to death by one of these demented death eaters. Suicide might be the better option then." Violet was not trying to be mean, but it was the truth in her opinion.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Sophia stood up throwing her chair back a bit as she did so, "What did I just say! You dont know anything about me or what I have gone through in my life." She shouted a bit louder than she had intended to as the librarian came to tell them to be quiet
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Vincent acknowledged the justification with a nod. It made sense, given the Death Eaters' repertoire. Even so, Sophia did not seem to be taking it well. "Hey, how about we just drop it, alright? Come on. I don't want to be thrown out of the library because you two can't be civil."
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Sophia glared at the girl but sat down at Vincents suggestion. She was not mad at him, so she was thankful that she did not snap on him. When she got like this she often took it out at everyone around her. She continued to glare at Violet, "I ask you not to speak of such awful things." 
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriel Soileau Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Violet rolled her eyes at the other girl's outburst. "Calm down, girl, you're acting like a child with a tandrum." she said, slowly getting annoyed with the Hufflepuff. "You said yourself that you can't defend yourself, so either you learn to do that, or you find a very powerful protector, otherwise you will die. And that's a fact. If you can't handle the truth, that's your problem. But Vincent is right, I haven't come here to argue." Violet nodded at the Ravenclaw, glad that at least someone kept his cool here.
Auriel Soileau
Auriel Soileau

Character sheet
Jobs: Waitress
Blood Status: Squib

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:37 pm

"All I ask is that we not bring up the subject of suicide. It is a very... hard subject for me to discuss." She said recalling the death of her mother. She felt a tear fall down her face as she recalled the events of her mothers funeral. Lowering her into the ground. Having to say goodbye. She quickly wiped the tear and began drawing again, this time, she was drawing her mother in her casket. Wearing the pretty blue dress her daddy had picked out for her to wear for the proceedings. Her hair was curled in wavy blonde tendrils, much like Sophias. Her lips had a soft pink hue to them, her mothers favorite lip stick. She noticed a few tear drops on the paper and tried to stop the tears from falling

Last edited by Sophia Mckinnon on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriel Soileau Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Violet glanced at Vincent in confusion when the other girl suddenly started to cry and she sighed and sat down at the table, glancing at the picture the Hufflepuff was drawing. Some woman in a coffin … not that hard to guess who it was. “So your mother killed herself? … “ she said quietly, feeling hatred rise in her chest. “Why did she do that? It’s cowardly! And stop crying like a little baby. Grow up, people die.” She hissed coldly, her eyes glowing in anger.
Auriel Soileau
Auriel Soileau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Sophia froze, her body went completely still. She did not say anything. She barely even breathed. She slowly lifted her head to look at the girl, "What did you just say?" She asked slowly in a voice that sounded like all of Sophias soul and sanity had left her body.
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriel Soileau Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Violet's face twisted into an ugly sneer which was immensely similar to her father's trademark expression. She got up and stalked over to the other girl, glaring at her with burning eyes. "Now listen to me, little girl. You think you're little story is sad? At least she got to decide what to do. My mother was MURDERED!" she roared at the Hufflepuff. "Do you know what that means, you stupid bitch? She got slaughtered by some fucking Death Eater and then she still tried to hold on to life to say goodbye to her family. Your pathetic mother took her own life instead of being there for her family like she should, while my mother fought in a fucking war! And she did not want to die. Do you even know how it feels to hold your mother in your arms while she slowly bleeds out and she still is all brave and strong and tells you that everything will be alright? Do you know how it feels to see your siblings fall apart? Do you know how it feels to see your father on the other side of the battle? Do you know how it feels to lose the boy you actually had started to fall for? No? THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP; YOU STUPID LITTLE BITCH!" Violet's voice had risen so high, that she actually was getting a bit hoarse, but that had to get out of her. All the pain, she had suffered in that battle, and that little Hufflepuff was whining like a baby!

Last edited by Auriel Soileau on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auriel Soileau
Auriel Soileau

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Sophia didnt say anything. SHe didnt really trust herself to talk. She just looked at the girl and after a few seconds finally spoke, "Im sorry for your loss. But that doesnt mean I dont have a right to be upset about losing my mother too." She said before standing back up and gathering her stuff, "Sorry about this Vincent. I hope to see you around." She then got up and left the library
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Vincent sighed and watched Sophia go. He could catch up later, if need be. "Smooth, Violet. Real smooth. I have one question for you, and then I'll go if you want me to. Why did you start an argument over whose mother had a worse death? They're both dead, and you both deal with pain in your own way. It was entirely unnecessary. It's not something to have a pissing contest over."
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Violet sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to control her temper. It rarely happened that she lost control like this, but when it happened, it was always quite bad to witness. "I know it wasn't necessary. But you know, I have been dealing with more than just my mother's death. And so has everyone here at the castle who was present during the war. And yet you don't see all of us running around, crying like little children. Maybe what she did was normal and how the rest of us act is not, and yes, maybe she is acting like any normal 14 year old would act, but the last year pushed every childishness, every innocence out of us." she tried to explain her rash reaction to him, not knowing if he could even understand. "It just ... I would like to just hug my dad and mourn my mother in peace as well, you know? But unlike Sophia, we didn't even get a funeral because we had to go into hiding right after the battle was over. I can't just go to my father because he's on the on Voldemort's side. It's just not fair that she gets to cry and mourn while I have to be strong all the time." Violet bit her lip as she felt her own eyes water up now as well and she angrily wiped them away. "I just wanted her to stop being so whiny."
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Violet's reaction was completely understandable now. Vincent's opinion was that she should have explained as much to Sophia, or at least follow up and do that at a later date, but now wasn't the time to say as much. Now was the time to be a decent human being and comfort the girl. Theory told him to wipe away her tears and hug her and reassure her, but all of that seemed shallow and overall worthless. He'd never comforted anyone in a time of distress, never mind a person who experienced that time long ago and was only now opening up about it. So he went for the only thing he could think of, silly as it was.

"Do you want a hug?"
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:47 pm

"Why don't you calm down," Harry stepped closer to the ravenclaw and Snape's girl, hearing the commotion from a few meters away where he quietly read a book about potions to see if he was able to cook up the polyjuice potion on his own. He couldn't be relying on Hermione on everything like he often did, there would be a time where he would be alone and needed to know some basic things to survive. "My parents are both dead, I've never even seen them besides seeing their spirit once, and I'm not whining either, but people are different, and you shouldn't yell at someone who's done you no harm Violet," Harry explained not caring if the girl blew at him afterwards.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Something about the awkwardness of the offer for a hug managed to break the tension in the room and Violet had to crack a smile at the Ravenclaw. "I'm glad, I didn't scare you off yet, I seem to have inherited my temper from my father." she said, her voice back to it's calm soft timbre again. "But, yes, I think I could use a hug right now." she took a step closer and put her arms around his waist, resting her cheek against his shoulder and took a deep breath. It was nice just having someone to hold on to for a change.

Suddenly a different voice chimed in and Violet turned her head slightly pout at Harry. "I know, I just lost it ... a bit... " she said quietly. She would have to apologize to the Hufflepuff ... probably. "... sorry. Was I that bad?" Violet asked, with a sheepish expression. She had probably been loud enough to holler the books off the shelves.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:21 pm

"A bit yes," Harry took a deep breath as he shook his head slightly and then looked at Violet, "Be careful next time okay, I know you are going through a tough time but who isn't," Harry explained hoping that the slytherin would understand he was trying to help and was not scolding her.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Violet sighed, knowing that he was right, this was not the time to let her emotions get the better of her. Not now when danger was waiting around every corner. She needed to learn more control. And the faster the better. Well, at least, she wasn't quite as bad as Mio, she thought, but she couldn't let something like this happen again. Violet nodded at the older Gryffindor student. "You're right, Harry. I'm sorry, I won't let that happen again." she promised; and to herself, she promised to work harder on herself.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Vincent couldn't help but admire how quickly she recovered. Part of him wondered if she was a little too strong for her own good, but it was probably best to let her be that way. She wasn't happy, but she was keeping herself together, and that's what she needed. Anything less and she'd be drowning in self-hate. Is now really the time to be analyzing people? No, no it isn't. Stop. He had to put himself in check a few times before he returned to the conversation. He needed to focus. Honestly he'd even forgotten that Violet was still in his arms.

"You good?" he asked, taking a quarter step back, just enough to look her in the eye.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry James Potter Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:18 pm

"I'm glad," Harry answered honestly "Now you two try losing yourself in books, sometimes it helps relax," Harry advised but waving and motioning for Vincent to take care of Violet, before disappearing into the middle of the halls of the library.
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Once more she nodded at Harry and smiled slightly at his advise. "That could have come from Hermione as well ... " she muttered, chuckling softly.

Violet relased her hold on the Ravenclaw and nodded up at him. "Yes, much better. Thank you. I'm not really good at asking for help, so it was kind of you to offer that hug." she told him honestly, but quickly her usual mask was back in place and she smirked at Vincent. "I won't forget it, if you ever need anything from me, feel free to ask." she told him with a wink.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Sophia had realized she had forgotten her sketch book and rushed back into the library and straight for the table. She grabbed her book and hugged it to her chest, thankful it was still there. She looked from Vincent to the girl and did not really say anything.
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Vincent blushed a little bit at the wink. It was one thing to wink from a distance, but not while they were this close together, even outside of the hug. It seemed too mischievous and it made him a little uneasy. If she winked while they were hugging, he probably would've shut down completely. And not because of her specifically; frankly he still didn't know how to deal with people, and he didn't always read them accurately. Besides, a level of intimacy and trust had been established between the first wink and the second, making them both very different in nature. In response to her offer, he simply nodded for lack of a decent sentence. I'm a writer for crying out loud! Why can't I speak normally?

Sophia returned just then, and his stomach did a flip. She still appeared distraught, and now extremely awkward. She just stared at them, clutching her book, and it was making him seriously uncomfortable.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Mckinnon Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Sophia bit her lip and then looked at Violet, "Sorry for earlier. I did not come to this school to make enemies. I did not mean to be insensitive. I shouldnt have been so sensitive about my mothers death." Sophia didnt mean that, she just figured it was what the girl wanted to hear
Sophia Mckinnon
Sophia Mckinnon

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Snape Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Violet laughed softly and shook her head when she noticed how her wink seemed to have thrown him off-guard. "Sorry, Vincent, I did not want to make you uncomfortable. I wasn't trying to hit on you or anything, though I'd really like us to be friends, if you want to as well. Friends are rare in these days, but all the more important." she explained her actions to him. So shortly after James' death, Violet wasn't really interested in any other guy in that way.

When Sophia returned to them, Violet just shrugged her off and shook her head. "No ... I just blew of the handle. I usually have better control over my emotions than that. We're different people. You let your emotions out quite openly, I use to lock them up. I have to accept that people are different." she said, much more calmly now that Harry and Vincent had talked some sense into her. "So ... sorry for freaking out at you like that. Won't happen again." Violet managed to get out. Slytherins really were not the best at apologizing, but at least, she had tried her best.
Violet Snape
Violet Snape

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Hapburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:19 pm

"No no, I was just... surprised, is all. People usually aren't that comfortable around me. I'd really appreciate a friend. I don't seem to have too many, as it stands. Romance isn't a top priority at the moment," he laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. It was an odd habit of his, but he rarely noticed it. His hands went to his pockets as the girls worked out their differences though, proving to be just as much a relief for him as it was for them. Or as it seemed to be for them, at any rate.
Vincent Hapburn
Vincent Hapburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next