Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Taking A Risk (Fleur) (PG-13)

Go down

Taking A Risk (Fleur) (PG-13) Empty Taking A Risk (Fleur) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Rubbing the back of his neck, Ron trudged through the blanket of snow that covered the grounds. The Yule Ball was quickly approaching and he, Ron Weasley, didn't have a date... The rest of his family did, and even Harry and Hermione did... But, he didn't. He hadn't had much luck with asking around, and hadn't had the nerve to dare to ask several others. Why couldn't he have luck like Harry or Neville? Plopping down heavily on one of the benches, Ron ran his fingers though his hair before linking his hands behind his head and leaning back to look at the blue sky. There had to be someone out there for him... Right?

Back to top Go down

Taking A Risk (Fleur) (PG-13) Empty Re: Taking A Risk (Fleur) (PG-13)

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:12 pm

„Il est vraiment très ennuyeux, non?“  [He really is very annoying, isn’t he?] a young girl from Beauxbatons asked the girl beside her and with a sigh the other agreed. She had been followed around by a particularly obtrusive boy from one of the other schools and while Fleur was used to the attention she received from men in general and hormonal teenagers in particular, this guys was taking it a little too far. He had even started to camp outside their rooms, following her around at every step which was scaring the younger students from her school ad Fleur was definitely not amused.

“Il est vraiment.” [He is, indeed] She answered her friend, forcing herself not to look over her shoulder at the boy she knew was following them even now. “Je continue à me demander d'aller à la balle avec lui.” [He keeps asking me to go to the ball with him.] she explained, her face giving away the distain that she felt. Unfortunately, it seemed that most of the other boys were far too intimidated by her beauty to ask her out themselves, so she did not even have an excuse to say no to him. “Je pensais à lui dire que je suis lesbienne.”   [I was thinking about telling him that I'm a lesbian] Fleur muttered, irritation vibrating off her as she angrily turned her head to make her hair dramatically fly over her shoulder while they crossed the courtyard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Sighing heavily, Ron resolved to find himself a date come hell or high water. He wasn't going to be the only Weasley not going to the Ball or going alone... No... Pretty sure if he didn't find a date, he just wouldn't go. After all, going alone is just sad... As he gave himself this little pep-talk, he overheard two voices speaking French. Beauxbatons... Turning his head to look, his eyes grew wide when he spotted the school's champion and one other. Both were stunning girls, but, Fleur... Well, she was something else. If she went with him to the Ball, Ron would not just feel like the luckiest man alive, he was damn sure he actually would be! But, knowing how pretty she was, Ron was sure she already had a date... Then again, you never knew...

Plucking up his courage, he let his hand fall to his lap, but not before extending a friendly wave to the girls. "Afternoon, Ladies," he said, his voice trembling just the slightest bit. Come on, Ron... Man up! Clearing his throat he tried again, "How are you both?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Her friend laughed softly, holding up a hand to cover the sound as was polite and Fleur had to smile a little as well. “Eh bien, peut-être pas. Je ne suis pas encore désespéré. ” [Well, maybe not. I am not that desperate, yet.] she gave back, smirking and linked her arm with her friend’s. But before she would go out with that boy, she’d rather go with the Giant Squid that she had been told lived in the Black lake. At least, he wouldn’t be talking the whole time, she thought and laughed softly.

Suddenly, the two of them were interrupted by a boy from Hogwarts and Fleur and her friend glanced at each other, amused by his nervousness. “La petite vague il donna était mignon, vous ne pensez pas, Fleur?” [The little wave he gave was just cute, don't you think?] the younger girl said and snickered softly, but she was quickly hushed by her friend. “Tenez-vous bien, regardez comment il est nerveux.” [Behave yourself, look how nervous he is.] Fleur said in a quiet voice before turning to the red-headed Gryffindor. “We are quite well, thank you for asking.” She addressed him and inclined her head slightly in greeting. Although, she usually was annoyed to be approached by boys, this one seemed so nervous and innocent in his interest that she could not help, but react kindly to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:59 pm

"I'm... Uhhh... I'm glad to hear that," Ron replied. Well, at least they were talking to him. That was a bonus! Getting to his feet, he brushed the snow off his jeans and walked over to them, his hands in his pockets to help with his nerves. Why was he nervous? For Merlin's sake! They were just girls! But, they were pretty girls... "Fleur, you were brilliant against your dragon," he began. No need to just ask right off the bat... Best to make conversation, first. "Silly me, would you both like to sit," he offered, gesturing to one of the nearby tables. He needed to be smoother, more of a gentleman, like his mum had taught him. If they said no, then maybe they could just stand and talk a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Fleur exchanged another glance with her friend and they both chuckled softly while he was stumbling through his sentences. It was quite adorable and it had been a while since she had been amused by anyone in such a fashion and he probably hadn't even planned for that. Fleur looked at him when he complimented her and send a dazzling smile at the Gryffindor. "Thank you, it is nice of you to say zat." she told him kindly, her voice warmer and more approachable than was normal when she was talking with people outside her school and family. Following his gesture, Fleur bit her lip and shook her head. "I'd rather stand, I 'ope zat is fine wiz you? The silk our dresses are made of get dirty easy." she told him, softening her tunr-down with another smile. "Tell us, what is your name, chérie?" Fleur's friend asked the question that had been on Fleur's mind since he had started to talk to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Ron hadn't thought about what the snow would do to their dresses, but, hey, at least he offered, and they didn't seem too put out by him asking in the first place. He felt a little prickle of pride at seeing the smile his compliment of her performance with her dragon had brought her. At least he got that right... "Sure. Standing if fine," he answered Fleur, slipping his hands into his pockets. Anything was fine so long as they were all chatting together, really. At her friend's question, Ron cleared his throat slightly before answering them both, "Umm... Ron Weasley. I uh... I already know your friend, Fleur, sort of, but what is your name?" He wanted to be polite to both girls, after all, that's what gentlemen did. He was so happy that none of his brothers were around... Pretty sure he would never hear the end of his stumbling, shyness... EVER...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Sharing another glance, the two girls laughed lightly, both feeling quite complimented with him obviously braving his nerves to talk to them. Especially Fleur was having a hard time to not just give the boy a hug to settle his nerves. That of course would have been quite improper, so she refrained from doing so, but her eyes shone warmly as she nodded at her friend to introduce herself. "My name is Aurélie Dupin. It is nice to meet you, monsieur Weasley." the girl said, dropping a small curtsy. "Are you not one of this younger 'ogwarts champion's friends?" Fleur asked curiously. She had seen the two boys together quite often and Harry Potter was one of the only Hogwarts students she actually recognized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Hearing the other girl introduce herself, Ron smiled and tipped his head. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Aurélie," he said, trying to mirror exactly what he heard the girl say her name was. French was tricky, but he thought he nailed it pretty closely. When Fleur questioned him about his relations to Harry, Ron felt some of his nerves vanish. Talking to girls, and pretty girls at that, was different then talking about your friends. "Yeah... Uh, Harry is my best mate. He's like a brother that is from another family," he answered, finally smiling in a way that showed no glimmer of the nerves he was feeling. "Have you had much time to talk with him?" he ventured to ask, doing his best to make some kind of conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Fleur noticed the change in the boy when he started talking of his friend and was satisfied that leading him to more familiar topic had helped ease his nervousness a little. She found it always much easier to talk about a "safe" topic, as she called it, things like friends and sports and the likes. While her friend clapped her hands in approval of the Gryffindor's attempt at French pronunciation, Fleur took the time to closely observe him. He was tall for his age, even being a few years younger, he was already slightly taller than her. He did not seem to be of a wealthy family, but then again Fleur had never cared much for money, having enough of her own. He also seemed to still have to grow into his body, looking slightly awkward with his long limbs, but then again, he was just a teenager becoming a man. She smiled slightly to herself. All in all, he did have quite unique qualities, like his fiery red hair and startling blue eyes. One day, he would no doubt be a handsome man, she thought and pulled herself out of her musings to answer his question. "Oh no. I did not 'ave the pleasure to do so. The few times, I 'ave met 'im, we were both rather busy." she said, smiling at him. "I do 'ope to catch up on that, though, maybe you can 'elp and introduce me?" Fleur asked curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Nodding his understanding of Fleur and Harry being quite busy and, thus, unable to really get to know one another, he was surprised when she asked if he would help her with that. He, Ron Weasley, was being asked to introduce this striking beauty to his best friend... "Sure... Sure, I'd be happy to do that, Fleur," he answered her and felt a small blush wash over his cheeks. What would Harry say? He could only imagine it, and he did as he took a few moments to really take a look at the girl he was speaking to. Sure all the girls from her school were pretty, but Fleur was something else. Not only was she pretty, but she was strong, as her encounter with her dragon showed, strong and smart. She was literally the complete package, and Ron only wished that he could potentially find someone like her for himself one day. Without thinking, he dared to asked before dropping his eyes to his feet, "Fleur, has anyone asked you to the Ball yet?" Well, that was smooth... Making nice conversation and then BAM! something like that... What could he do, it was done and said, and all he needed to hear now was that she had been. Of course she had been!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:56 pm

"That is very kind of you, Ron." Fleur said and bestowed another warm smile on him when he agreed to introduce her to his friend. She had been quite impressed with the younger champion and how he had held up in a tournament designed for much older students that he hadn't even wanted to enter, but so far, she hadn't had the chance to tell him so. Fleur was pulled out of her thoughts by the sudden question from the boy which caught her completely off-guard and for once, she even showed that by her mouth opening slightly in surprise. "Fleur..." her friend ellbowed her in the side and she quickly closed her mouth again. "Erm...no, I 'ave not been asked, yet." she admitted quietly, though she kept a small smile on her face. There was no need to tell him that the one that had asked was not acceptable for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 pm

"It's no trouble, really," Ron said in response to Fleur's thanks. Her smile made him nearly weak at the knees, but he stood strong. Couldn't be showing something like that to a pretty girl. As the silence from his question grew thicker and thicker, Ron was sure that the answer she was going to give him was in the affirmative, that she had been asked. But, what his ears heard was completely different. Not looking at her, his eyes grew wide. Was it possible? Looking up at the blonde, Ron managed a small smile. How was it possible that Fleur Delacour didn't have someone asking her to the Ball? HOW?! Swallowing dryly, he plucked up his nerve and asked, "Would you...would you like to go with me?" A furious blush colored his cheeks as soon as he asked the question. Maybe he had a chance... If no one had asked her yet, maybe she would go with him. Maybe...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:41 pm

The following question did not come unexpected after the former, but still Fleur felt unsure of how to react. Naturally, she was not surprised that he wanted to take her to the ball, after all, she knew of her effect on boys, but that he would actually have the courage to ask was something she had not expected. "Oh, c'est si doux!" [Oh, that's sweet!] her friend's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Vous devez accepter, Fleur!" [You have to accept, Fleur!] Aurélie urged her on and Fleur bit her lip in thought. She did have to have a date for a ball, as she was one of the champions that had to do the opening dance and she definitely didn't want to go with that stalker boy. But wasn't the Gryffindor a little young, she asked herself. On the other hand, Fleur felt very much at ease with the boy and he had been brave enough to approach her which she did find quite impressive. "Allons! Vous voulez aussi. Arrêtez de penser." [Come on! You want it, too. Stop thinking.] her friend poked her lightly in the side and Fleur started laughing lightly. "Vous avez raison, Aurélie, je le fais." [You're right, Aurélie, I do.] she turned back to the Gryffindor and smiled softly at him. "Forgive us for going back to French." she said, realizing that it was quite rude to do so. "I would be 'appy to go with you, Ron.“ Fleur answered at last, feeling her heart speed up a little, as if she had admitted to something important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:20 pm

The silence seemed to drag on for an eternity, and was finally broken by Fleur and Aurélie beginning to jabber on in French. Ron was already kicking himself for even trying to ask Fleur to the Ball. She was, what, three years older then he was, a champion, so she needed a date and someone who could dance a right lot better then he could, and every other possible reason that he couldn't think of at the present moment. Rubbing the back of his neck as he waited for the answer he was sure would be no to come, Ron just hoped that he wasn't going to be a laughing stock. I would be 'appy to go with you, Ron...

Bringing his bright blue eyes to her, Ron's heart seemed to stop before skipping lightly when his mind registered just what she had said. Fleur had accepted his offer to go to the Ball. Really, truly, accepted! "R-really?" he stammered. As quickly as the shock hit him, it began to ebb away, and a glimmer of pride, much more mature then the usual boyish pride others his age had as asking a pretty girl out, shone on his face. "Fantastic. I will pick you up at 7pm, then?" Ron asked, feeling a sort of warmth at the pit of his stomach that he hadn't felt before begin to glow at the idea that he was to have a wonderful evening with this young woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Fleur was carefully watching the Gryffindor for his reaction to her accepting him as her date, hoping that, unlike many other guys probably would do, he would not become all arrogant and ready to run to his friends to gloat about it. She hated to be only appreciated for her looks, but it seemed it was all boys cared about and who better to show off than the quarter-veela champion of Beauxbatons? But while she observed the boy in front of her, Fleur saw something in him at that moment, that made him seem much older than his fourteen years and she knew it was the right decision to let him take her to the ball. He seemed honestly happy that she would be going out with him and Fleur immediately felt better.

Her smile showed her relief and she bent forward to give him a soft kiss on the cheek. "Magnifique!" she exclaimed happily and clapped her hands once, making Aurélie cheer quietly beside her. "I am looking forward to it." Her friend chuckled lightly and tugged at her robe. "Enfin, Fleur. Mais nous devons aller maintenant." [Finally, Fleur. But we really must go now.] she said, still giggling a little.

Fleur quickly nodded to the younger girl, they had spent quite some time with the Gryffindor already without realizing it. "Oui, oui. We must be on our way, I fear. I will see you at the ball." she addressed the boy, still smiling at him while Aurélie pulled her along. "Au revoir, Ron!" “I ‘ope you can dance, Ron, we will open the ball!” Fleur called over her shoulder and waved at him before vanishing with her friend in the castle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Ron felt a small wave of heat rise in his face when Fleur leaned in and kissed his cheek. Fleur kissed him... Kissed him! Clearing his throat slightly, he nodded, "Same. Thanks, Fleur." Hearing that they actually had to be on their way, Ron felt a little sad that the meeting, while wonderful, was drawing to a close. Still, what was Harry going to say when he told him that he had a date for the ball? "See you then," he called after them as they headed back to the castle. When Fleur called over her shoulder her hope that he could dance, Ron couldn't help but smirk. He might be a Weasley, but he could hold his own on the dance floor. Waving after them, he spun happily on his heel and headed back to the common room. He had to find Harry and Hermione to tell them the news...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down