Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first)

2 posters

Go down

Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first) Empty Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first)

Post by Felix Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Felix was down by the lake, his favorite spot at Hogwarts. He was always training, keeping his fitness up, keeping his speed, strengths and agility trained to the furthest extent. It was drilled into him since he could stand. Train, train and train and once you're done, train some more. His father would shout it whenever he stopped or slowed. Another thing he'd been told was "Life is tough and cruel, but Grimm's are tougher and crueler" he'd say it to himself whenever he thought about stopping.

He'd swam over two miles in continues lengths, ran the perimeter of the lake three times, done 250 push ups and 250 sit up, 100 pull ups on a branch 15m above the ground and he'd been using the oak tree as a punching bag. Eventually he'd finished and was now sat crossed legged meditating to center his magic.
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

House : Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first) Empty Re: Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first)

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Amber’s footsteps could hardly be heard as she walked along the edge of the forest, the lake in view from one side and the darkness of the undergrowth on the other. If she was honest, the red head would have admitted that she hated Hogwarts. For one, she swore that the students didn’t know how to mind their own business, though it wasn’t her that any of them had been talking about. That wasn’t the point though, she had insisted to herself for weeks. More frustrating, though, was the fact that despite its many hidden passages and alcove, it still seemed as though there was nowhere to go to be alone. There was always somebody else nearby somewhere, and although Amber wasn’t a total recluse, she liked privacy.

That wasn’t the worst part, though. The worst part was that the blood supply that she had brought with her was wearing thing and she had no idea where to get any more. Other than a living, breathing person obviously and that wasn’t an option. So no, the Araneae wasn’t particularly comfortable in her temporary home. Unfortunately for her, she was dragged from her thoughts by a glimpse of another being sitting by the lake. She had been about to turn away from the boy, heading into the forest so that she could leave without being noticed, when she stood on a small, dry branch from a nearby tree. Freezing in place, the red haired girl froze, a small frown on her pale features as she looked to see if the boy had heard her.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs: Wolfclaw Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first) Empty Re: Bad blood always lingers (open...if you ask me first)

Post by Felix Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Unfortunately for her, not only had he heard her, he reacted. He rolled forward drawing his swords, holding one per hand ready for anything. His eyes honed in on the sound and he spotted a girl, he automatically analysed, he'd not seen her before so he guessed she was from another school. He was glad the sun was setting behind him as that meant he was a silhouette to her. He called out "Who are you and why are you sneaking around behind me." As the words left his lips he sensed a familiar presence which sent adrenaline pumping around. He tensed up feeling an automated system inside kick in, he felt a surge of anger against the person he'd never met. His mind was trying to figure it out whilst he awaited her response.
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Of course, Amber thought sardonically when the boy reacted, though she thought that the way he acted was a slight overreaction. None the less, she didn’t move any closer of further away as she considered his question with a single raised eyebrow. She couldn’t make out the face of the person, though she felt hostility tease her fingertips, though she had no idea why. She heard the quiet but distinct sound of metal unsheathing that rung low in her ears. “I was walking. Have you ever been told that drawing weapons on innocent strangers is usually considered socially unacceptable?” she asked in a bored, blunt tone.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Felix replied quickly "Yes, usually before I slit there throat for sneaking around behind me" he snapped. His look intensified until it became a glare, he wasn't impressed by this person's response nor the sneaking around "who are you" he repeated, he'd repeat himself once...twice at a push although his instincts were screaming at him, every fiber demanding that he attacked
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Soft green eyes narrowed the moment that this younger boy mentioned slaughter as though it were nothing. No, she wasn’t one to weep in the corner when darker things were considered, but she was not pleased to hear an almost-threat from a complete stranger. And although she knew that she didn’t know this boy, something deep within her wanted nothing more than to rip him apart. But with a slow intake of breath, she managed to remain in control of herself as she spoke in a forced-polite tone, “my name is Amber, though I believe that it’s no business of yours.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:24 pm

"I'm more interested in your last name actually. I couldn't care less about your first." He said with his own sarcastic yet polite tone. He had lowered his swords but hadn't relinquished his grip, in a nano second he could be in his stance and swinging for her "I do like to enquire about those who sneak around behind me." He again used his polite and sarcastic tone to emphasis his annoyance for her "don't care" and aggressive attitude, as it was obvious she did in fact care, otherwise she wouldn't be creeping around and her way if making him feel like he should care or stop enquiring. Well, it was like throwing a stone at the ocean, it would do no harm what so ever
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Amber's brow furrowed for just a moment, wondering why her surname could be so important. "Flint," she answered, the name rolling from her tongue with an instinctual ease. She hadn't said that name in almost a year, but something told her that it was important to keep her current last name to herself for now. "My apologies," she said, the quasi-polite apology tasting bitter on her tongue, "but I was not sneaking behind you. I was taking a walk and tried to slip away to not interrupt you." While it was the truth, the unexplainable aggression that tried to take her over made sure that her innocent reasonings were no longer the case. She didn't feel threatened by the blades that sat on his hands. For one, they were not going to do permanent damage to her unless he knew where to aim, and secondly he was considerably younger than her, while she was stronger than most her age, and faster as well. "I do not appreciate your stance," she said, her eyes not wavering from where she believed the boy's face to be.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:45 am

"You're lying. I would not fee such hate for an average wizardry family. There are two family's that could draw such hatred from me on natural instinct. One being the Shadow family, the second a mirror of my own. A Grimm bloodline no less. So please don't treat me as a fool as I can assure you I'm far from it." He stepped seven steps forward closing the gap between them. If needed, with a short burst of speed he could easily reach her heart and neck. Two priority hit spots as you can kill pretty much everything if you hit there. Upon his approach he felt the urge to fight grow stronger. With the sun still blinding her from his looks and would distort her perception for now, he had the advantage. "Really, so that's why paused when you made a sound, if you hadn't cared you would have continued."
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 am

Amber’s eyes narrowed once more at the accusation before she realised how she had answered his question. But before she could correct herself, he had already elaborated on how he knew that she’d been ‘lying’, and as such, she was already on the defensive. “You’re right,” she said, her gaze and tone both turning ice-cold, “my last name is Grimm, but that was a genuine mistake.” She still couldn’t make out the male’s face, but she couldn’t tell by his hostile actions that he was dangerous. Her fingertips brushed her wand to be prepared, but otherwise she remained still. The red head held her ground, ready for whatever threat this boy could become, though the spark of anger and dislike that had appeared from nowhere moments ago was beginning to burn in a steady flame as he moved closer to her. “As I have shared my name, it’s only polite that you share yours,” she said, voice steady as always as she kept her eyes on the boy’s movements. “I paused because I had hoped I hadn’t disturbed you. I waited to see if I had, so that I could apologize if need be,” the girl answered honestly, “not every pulls blades on complete strangers, you see.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 am

Felix's eyes narrowed. She isn't a Dragon, all are accounted for, so isn't a Kryolen as they don't go to the wizarding schools. Logic dictates shes a Paladin. he looked at her slowly studying her "I am Felix Huntsman Grimm the Third and a member of the Dragon Bloodline." he paused for a moment "You were over 50m from me, why would you pause to see if you disturbed me and you'll find any true Grimm would, its called precaution. Its not just me who does it, sneak up on many people here the same thing would happen. I thought you'd know that after all that psycho Talos is in your school and he pretty much kills anyone who goes near him"
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am

Amber listened, as always, to the words spoken by the hostile boy. He was younger than her, that much was obvious, but that didn’t mean that she should underestimate him. That could become a deadly mistake. Fortunately, she was still a fair distance from him, and as such was yet to see anything to be afraid of. “To be quite blunt,” the red head said, growing tired of the obvious cockiness that the brunette male emitted, “I have no idea what this ‘bloodline’ shit is about. I have only known of my true parentage since last summer, not that it’s any of your business.” Amber was a polite girl, some parts of her upbringing being difficult to shake, but that didn’t stop her from being a student to strived at Wolfclaw, and as such was not to be talked down to. “But of course. Just looking at you, I can tell that you need obnoxious blades to defend yourself from a complete stranger,” Amber replied, venom dripping from her tone as a soft smirk lit her lips. “I am a polite person, Felix Huntsman Grimm the Third, member of the Dragon bloodline, but you are getting on my nerves,” she said, her voice casual, but her gaze hard, “I would like to return to the castle instead of sharing such.. inferior company.” The boy’s face had come in to focus, despite the sunlight behind him, as her mildly advanced vision blocked out the glare. She’d been right, he was definitely younger that she was.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:56 am

Felix laughed, and continued to laugh. "You're father abandoned you at birth? How amusing, that makes you a paladin, and judging bu you're attitude I'd have to say Hades would be your father, as you're no child of the Vampire Averbane, they would have cut me down by now. Hades was always more reserved. I like Hades. For that, I shall show kindness" he sheathed his blades and stepped forward into view, he was mere centimeters from her "However, call me inferior again, I'll cut you down where you stand. You may be older but I was born and trained in the art of being a Grimm, all I am and ever will be is a soldier, a soldier and a killer. So please don't provoke me as I'd hate to be cast out for murdering the daughter of monarchs adviser and Vanguard. Secondly, you asked who I was, I answered. I prefer being called my first name, not by my full name, as for the "bloodline shit" its something you should learn for future reference, there are three royal bloodlines, The Paladin, yours, The Dragon, mine, and the Kryolen, so far, none have surfaced for the last five hundred years. We're all in contest for the throne, thus we hate each other."
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 am

He- he.. I,” Amber didn’t really know what to say as she tried to answer. Most of her wanted to defend her father, to tell him the whole story so that he would know that Hades hadn’t had a choice. But if there was anything that Amber knew, it was to refrain from telling anybody everything. The more they knew, the more power they had over you. “Not quite,” she said, deciding to be honest, but vague, “it’s a long story..” However, when he spoke his guess as to who her father was, Amber’s gaze softened. If he liked Hades, then she wouldn’t be outright rude. Anybody who respected her father gained just a touch of it from her. “Yes, Hades is my father,” she admitted easily, watching as the blades were returned to their original place and he stepped closer to her. She had a feeling that he was trying to intimidate her, though she could have been wrong. Either way, it wouldn’t work. She’d rather die than be some cowering mess. “Kindness?” she questioned, “since you are willing to show such a thing, then I will do my best to. It’s not something that I’m very good at.

Amber listened as she was told about the bloodlines that she’d been quite curious about. “Royalty?” she asked, stepping back and sitting on the ground. She was interested to hear what he could.. would tell her and as such wanted to make it clear that he had her attention. “I don’t know what that means, Felix,” she said, being sure to emphasise her use of his given name, “though I presume by what you said that these 'bloodlines' do not exactly get along?
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am

"We either love each other or hate one another, really depends on the person. Most hate one another, The Dragon bloodline and Paladin bloodline always find themselves fighting, in our history we've had thirty-seven civil wars. We aren't each others favorite people. The three bloodlines go back to the three founders of the Grimm clan, Rose Amber Kyrolen, Phoniex Dragon and Averbane "Paladin" Vek. The three founders of our part clan part family created the three royal bloodlines as they once ruled in unison, in the first great war between the Nexians and, strangely, Rome and Greece, we the Krolens vanished, and the Paladins had nobody to ascend to the throne so the Dragons took over, and ever since, its been a struggle for the throne."
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:17 am

Amber rose an eyebrow as she listened, wondering why she had never thought to ask Hades about what had lead to the way things were in his.. their family. She’d showed interest in knowing him, and Cadence of course, but to actually ask about the history had never occurred to her. “So many wars?” she asked, not entirely surprised, though she was a little, “you hate me then?” It was a safe assumption, considering the fact that he had so easily become offensive.. or defensive, whichever way one looked at it. Nexus was something that she had heard very briefly about, in name only, and she had been hesitant to ask for any elaboration. She didn’t know if she had the right. “I don’t really know what Nexus is, I’ll be honest,” she said, disliking the fact that she had to admit not knowing something, “I would think that surely they would have a system, or rotation.. or something? I don’t know... maybe that’s a stupid assumption on my part, I suppose.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 pm

"The Grimm's alone have waged three hundred and eighty six wars, we're the second oldest nation in existence, well the Nexus is" he paused "No, not necessarily. Our bloodlines are at war, usually but take Kronos and Ares, one Dragon one Paladin, we either get on really well or hate each other. Either way, we have strong feelings, just depends if good or bad." he then became visually stunned by her question "You don't know? Well I guess its time for a history lesson. The Nexus Empire is our formal name, there are thirteen clans, Grimm, Divine, Shadow, Reaver and Immorta are the largest and most active clan. However we are only five of thirteen. Together we form what is called The Nexus Empire. Originally it spanned from the hall of the Nexus, a hidden fortress in the Baltic sea above Scandinavia, the Hall is our last strong hold however, we spanned from there, through Scandinavia down to Moscow and across and down to the border of Serbia and then up into the eastern part of France up to Brussels and back to Scandinavia, we were once a large empire" he said with a smile.

(check FB sent you a pic xD)
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:03 am

Amber listened intently to the things that she was hearing. A large part of her was relieved that somebody at least thought it prudent to tell her about these things. What would have happened if Felix had not chosen to show ‘kindness’. A strange smell filled her nostrils and she looked over to the lake, where she saw large ripples spreading out from a spot in the distance. Furrowing her brow, she returned her full attention to the boy who was telling her the things that she hadn’t known about her ‘new’ family. “I see,” she said quietly, though she didn’t speak her thought about how she was actually asking him if he hated her. But she wouldn’t push the point. “What happened?” she asked, genuinely interested in what he had to share, “did the wars cause the empire to shrink? It has become smaller, no? Surely if it was still so large, more people would know about it?
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 am

"They did, around a thousand years ago it was that large but for several hundred years it slowly shrank due to warfare with muggles, Templars, and other large nations, then it finally retreated to our home, the Hall of The Nexus. Averbane lead the Nexus to its final hoorah as we obliterated a bloody path of blood and bones literally over three hundred miles long, Europe received Averbanes wrath which leveled them. Hence the restraints that bind him and all his power. As you can imagine his Sire Dellen was pretty angry when he stormed the Vatican, Rome, Paris and Berlin all in the same week" he smiled, enjoying his peoples history "The Purifiers cleaned up his mess making sure nobody remembered the hell we brought to them"
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Amber chewed on her lip, glancing around as she thought about all of the information that she had been provided. "Such a rich history, l just wonder if my father was ever going to tell me about all of this, or if he intended for me to figure it out on my own.." the redhead said quietly, her voice soft and thoughtful. Surely Hades would have known that their family history was important for her to learn. Another thought appeared in her mind then, and She looked at the boy for a moment before asking, "At Nexus.. are there many others like me?" She had wondered about other half-vampires before, but had never met another in her life.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:34 pm

"Three that I know of, your cousins, but no doubt there is more" Felix said thoughtfully
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 pm

"I don't know anything about myself. I know about vampires and I know about humans. But half and half.. well, my uncle never wanted to discuss it," Amber replied, thinking about all of the things that she could learn from her kin. As she thought about this, she realised that the want to hurt this boy that had been so strong before was almost completely gone. "I don't want to kill you any more. I did before. What does that mean?"
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Grimm Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 pm

"Ah, that's a shame. Wait your uncle? Averbane?" he asked curiously. "To be fair he's a busy man." he smiled slightly and then chuckled. "Seems we've made good. It happens we either hate or like each other. Happens."
Felix Grimm
Felix Grimm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Amber Grimm Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:58 pm

"No, not Averbane. I have yet to meet him, though I understand why. As you say, he's a busy man and I likely hold little importance in the scheme of things," she answered, a small smile on her face, "my uncle- my mother's brother- raised me, leading me to think that he was my father, though I not long found out that it was all to keep me from my real one. From a 'monster'." The reminder of the man whom she had once idolised and now couldn't stand thinking about had placed a slight damper on her mood, though she tried not to let it show. "Well, I suppose I'm glad," she said, offering a small smile.
Rhea Amber Grimm
Rhea Amber Grimm

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down