Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

I fear like no other (Open)

Go down

I fear like no other (Open) Empty I fear like no other (Open)

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:53 am

Laureth growled under her breath as some students laughed when her shoulder slammed into a pillar. It was a different area for her and more than anything, wanted to get her bearings but alas, it would take a while. Chimera hung back, wanting to help but knew her owner would not want this. Laureth tapped her staff against the floor, feeling the ground soften underneath her making her aware she was outside. She liked the weather but missed the coldness of her home. Finally sitting down on a bench, her eyelids fluttered shut making her sink into her thoughts, old visions and feelings that only showed when she was in peace. 

The vision she had last year where Conner found her came back like a bullet. Laureth had almost forgotten it but knew it was there like a shadow looming over her. The number 1 had faded over time, a sign it was getting closer. To people looking at her, it looked like she was playing chess with no board. Her fingers occasionally seemed to grab onto an invisible object and place it somewhere else. In Laureth's mind, she was connecting the images to get a time frame. The closer she got to winning the inner chess game, the more complicated her thoughts got. ''Quid dicis mihi ? Eloquere, magicis vires'' Laureth muttered in latin, the wind seeming to pick up as her thoughts connected even more to figure out...who's involved in the vision. Lightening flashed in her mind and that shocked her, causing everything to disappear and a single white horse chess piece fell from Laureth's hand, rolling onto the floor. ''Oh come on!'' She hissed, Chimera reaching over and held the chess piece in her mouth.

Translation:
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs: Head Healer
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

I fear like no other (Open) Empty Re: I fear like no other (Open)

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 pm

As Rowan walked down the crowded hall following class, she overheard a small group of students talking about some blind witch with a wolf as a seeing eye dog that she didn't allow to help her as they passed by. Curious... Looking towards the closest exit, likely where the group had come from, or run into this girl, Rowan made her way there and, stepping outside, scanned the courtyard looking for this mystery person the others were talking about. Spotting a lone witch in what appeared to be the uniform from Wolfclaw, Rowan made her way over to her. She paused when her ears picked up on what sounded like Latin, but she couldn't make out what was being said. As the great animal near her picked something up and held it out for her, she reasoned that this had to be the girl the others were having a good laugh over. "Excuse me, are you alright?" Rowan asked, reaching the bench the girl sat on. Remaining calm before her animal, Rowan offered the wolf a pleasent smile before bringing her bright eyes back to the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Laureth, almost sinking into her thoughts once more, heard the gentle voice of a girl and her head slowly rose up. 'Looking' at the girl, she tilted her head, shuffled on the bench to make more space and her ears picked up the sound of laughing again. ''Yes, yes..Quite alright.'' She said, holding out her hand to Chimera who dropped the white chess piece in her hand. Rubbing her fingers along it to take in the details, she cast the girl a smile. ''Please sit...It's nice to hear a friendly voice. Your..schoolmates don't seem it.'' Laureth admitted, frowning in the direction of the corridor. ''Then again, i suppose that could also be Durmstrang students.'' She finished before stroking Chimera's forehead. She was thankful the wolfclaw students immediately adjusted to her..condition and she was also thankful Beauxbaton students seemed to rush to help her. Most complimenting her which did annoy Laureth a little bit but was still thankful for the help.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Glaring in the direction of the snikering voices, Rowan gave them a stern glare to which they waved her off and left quickly. Bringing her eyes back to the girl, she her eyes were milky white, and while many might consider them odd or frightning, Rowan actually found them lovely, different. Returning her smile, she took the seat that she offered her. "Only some of them are like that. Most are actually quite friendly. I'm sorry they were giving you a hard time," she said, glancing over her shoulder to see not just Hogwarts students, but several from Durmstrang looking out at them. "You would be right. Seems it's a small collection of both..." Rowan told her. Rolling her eyes, she brought her attention back to the girl. She was curious about the white chess piece she held, as she didn't see any other pieces or a board, for that matter, nearby. Setting her books next to her, propped against the armrest of the bench, Rowan tucked a lock of brown hair behind her ear before saying, "I'm Rowan, by the way, Rowan Avery. Your wolf is lovely." Rowan could sympathise with the girl. Others always seemed to pick out those that were different and make it a point to let them and the world know that they were different. She walked that for two years, and finally was back to being her normal self. "How did you know I was a Hogwarts student?" she asked realizing that if she was blind, as she had heard the boys say, how did she know she wasn't from one of the other schools, or her own, for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Laureth felt the girl's energy shift slightly, revealing to Laureth she had glared or simply done something to make them go away. Again, the feeling of thankfulness consumed her and a bright smile touched her rosy lips. ''I usually..keep to myself so i suppose it's my bad luck that I've mostly coming across ones like them.'' She muttered, cursing her bad luck and her condition. Tilting her head to the right, feeling Rowan sit beside her, she smiled again at the introduction. ''Pleasure to meet you, Miss Rowan. I am Laureth. Laureth Erben. My lovely wolf here is Chimera.'' She introduced, Chimera's tongue flopping out the side of her mouth in a wolfish grin and let out a little howl of a hello. It felt nice having a conversation with someone new. It was like a breath of fresh air every time but also gave Laureth a breath of anxiety, not wishing to be judged for her blindness in anyway possible. Chuckling at the question, she let her head fall back so her skin bathed in the sun. ''Simple. Not Wolfclaw: they would've instantly fought the boys no matter how small they are or how petty the reason was to fight them. Durmstrang have this tough air about them when I actually heard one of them in the library muttering about how to write a love poem. It was quite amusing but still, you're not Durmstrang. I don't feel it. Beauxbaton have a french accent, they also like to touch and thoroughly make sure someone is alright no matter the protests. I sense you have tiny issues with that for some reason. You're just...a Hogwarts student, through and through. You're also curious so by that, I'm guessing you're a Ravenclaw as well if i wanted more brownie points in this conversation.'' Laureth's grin was 100 watts, knowing she practically ticked all the boxes and would most likely make the girl laugh.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Nodding, Rowan understood about keeping to oneself. She did it herself a fair share the two years before this one. "Laureth and Chimera... It's a pleasure to meet you both," she mused beaming a happy smile at both of them, giggling lightly as the wolf greeted her in her own way. Rowan hadn't had the chance to meet many from Wolfclaw, and she was actually pleased with herself for choosing to come and meet this one. As Laureth explained just how she figured Rowan for not only a Hogwarts student but a Ravenclaw, she was stunned. "You're.... You're right on... I am a Ravenclaw. Wow... Are all the students that go to your school really so rough and tumble?" she asked laughing brightly, a sound that her friend William constant told her he had missed and was glad she had found again. Granted, from what she had seen of many of the students from Laureth's school, her generalization of them fit. She had met some Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students and her tags for them fit, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Laureth and Chimera beamed in their own way, showing they weren't the only ones who were happy to be in such nice company. After befriending a few people at Wolfclaw, Laureth believed that was all she needed. Turns out, different schools had things to offer her as well. Pulling out a bone from inside of her robes, she tossed it in front of Chimera who immediately pounced on it. Listening to Rowan's stunned voice, the blind girl only seemed to smile even more. ''Yeah..Wolfclaw is quite rough. It's basically survival of the fittest in our school. Either you fight your way to the top or you're just the underdog. No matter what bracket you're in though, you're protective of each other. Most of us have this urge to pick fights anyway to prove how dominant we are so if one's in trouble, a whole pack is ready to jump in and be the protector. It's great.'' She explained proudly. No matter how weak Laureth felt at times, she always had someone behind her to keep her safe in Wolfclaw despite how adamant she is at times to be independent. ''My friend, Lethia, finds your school amusing, i have to admit. She was grown up to be protective over everyone she cares about and she's incredibly loyal but whenever she hears stories about adventures that have happened here, she sees more betrayal than anywhere else. She hears that the Lions are the most loyal house here but...she sees so many conflicts. Hogwarts seems...quite competitive.'' Laureth explained some more, letting her white eyes land on Rowan. ''It's interesting though...Everything about this place is interesting. Refreshing, even.'' 
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 pm

"Seems the air that many of you give off fits," Rowan said lightly after listening to Laureth tell about the dynamic of the students at Wolfclaw. "Really, they kind of sound like many of the Slytherins around here. I wouldn't put it past many of them to simply pick a fight just to pick a fight," she added with a light laugh. Rowan had never thought about how maybe the Slytherins were like they were for the same reason the Wolfclaws were: fight for dominance and for those you cared about. As she shifted to her friend that found their school interesting and competitive, too, Rowan nodded and chuckled. "I guess you can say that it is. While we might not fight all the time, we have different forms of competition. I think all the houses will fight for whatever they feel is right. Gryffindors are said to be the most loyal, but I think each house has their way to be loyal. It's all how you look at it really," she tried to explain and then realized what she said and mentally scolded herself. "Sorry, Laureth..." she said with a sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Laureth nodded, mulling over her words with interest. ''Yes...I guess Wolfclaw and Hogwarts are quite alike. However, one's darker.'' She mused, tilting her head to the side as the sun brightened when it peaked behind a dark cloud. She had been told before the schools were alike but also opposite. Beauxbatons; gentle, Durmstrang; Tough, Hogwarts: Light and Wolfclaw was dark. It was a nice contrast and in a way, made them balance each other out. ''You compete in separate ways. I hear Wizards chess is very...popular in Hogwarts. But i completely understand what you're getting at. I like that your houses have its similarities but are still different. It provides...even if it's a little bit, harmony.'' Laureth concluded with a smile before letting it fade, letting her hand hover over Rowan's shoulder, wanting to assure her it's okay but let it fall back onto her lap. ''It's perfectly alright, Rowan. You're not the only one who's done that. I get what you mean...I may not see it but i hear it, feel it...embrace it.'' She quipped, giving Rowan a gentle smile that creased the sides of her white eyes, happiness reaching every part of her face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Rowan smiled brightly and nodded as Laureth mentioned Wizard Chess and how it was a favorite amongst many of the students. "It's a personal favorite among lots of us. I'm not that great at the game, not like my friend Will, but I enjoy playing it. Do you play?" she asked, seeing as she was holding a horse piece from a chess set. Sure she was blind, but anything was possible. "I guess you're right... About the harmony thing. Even though all the houses are so different, there are flickers that are constant through all of them. Little things that tie us all together as a whole. I'm sure Wolfclaw and the others have that, too?" she added, tucking a lock of her brown hair behind her ear as she thought about what the different things could be that tied all the houses amongst all the schools together. Maybe, it was something that tied all of them, all four schools, together as a giant whole.

Catching the movement of Laureth's hand hovering over her shoulder before falling into the girl's lap, Rowan's brow furrowed slightly, wondering why she didn't go ahead and touch her. However, her eyes were brought back to the girl's milky ones when she mentioned that her slip with the standard statement was really alright. "In a way, you do see. Just... In a different and unique way," she mused, returning her smile that really lit up the girl's face. "What's it like at Wolfclaw?" she asked, bringing one of her legs up and tucking her foot under the other leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureth Azlyn Erben Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Laureth smiled warmly, getting incredibly comfortable in this conversation and around this person. ''I have heard many students get into many disputes about the game which is so odd in my opinion. I never believed it to be a game for people to get so...angry.'' She admitted, furrowing her brow before it disappeared. ''It all comes with practise, Rowan. Yes, I do play in a sense. I play alone as my grandfather created a board that allowed me to see the board without obviously seeing it. It's complicated but i have played with my grandfather who has had lots of experience.'' She explained, rolling the chess piece in her hand. Going back to the House part, Laureth nodded. ''Oh yes....Wolfclaw houses does have some similarities but not much i must admit. Then again, as a person in one of those houses, I suppose I don't notice it as much if I haven't paid much attention. Hogwarts is new to me so obviously i pay more attention to understand the schools...dynamics i suppose.'' She said, nodding her head.

Hearing that Rowan understand that even though she was blind, she still was able to see just in her own way. It almost lifted a small weight off her chest that made her feel even more comfortable with Rowan. Pulling her knees to her chest, leaning on the pillar behind her, she felt the soft fur of Chimera's face pressed against her shins. ''Wolfclaw...is..dark. Even though i'm blind, I can feel the darkness. It's incredible...you can feel all the powerful energies of the people that were there. The classes are incredible. We have necromancy as a lesson....The teacher is actually my uncle although...no one really knows that...but anyway. He got an Inferi into the class, obviously unable to hurt us but still. The students are strange but fascinating. Some hold so much kindness for others, not allowing the harshness of the school or the country to effect us. Others are so...well not kind that you can't help but want to study them.'' Laureth's mind went to Eros and Hunter, causing a slight smile to touch her lips before grinning at Rowan. ''I wouldn't trade schools. Despite being the way I am, you get so much respect and people to care for you as long as you care right back. I have so much protection at this school, i know it would last forever. I don't think I would fit into Hogwarts as Wolfclaw..well is my home.'' She finished, honestly and firmly.
Laureth Azlyn Erben
Laureth Azlyn Erben

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Rowan chuckled at Laureth's observation about the game. "It is quite funny that people would get so heated about a game like chess. Will... I think people wonder why he doesn't get all upity about it, but really, inside, he's quite competative when the game gets going. No one really sees it, though," she mused. "He's tried to teach me, and while I get it and can play, I enjoy watching it more. I just can't think five steps ahead like everyone else. Sometimes, I'm lucky to get two steps!" Rowan added with a laugh. William had actually told her the same thing. He would always tell her that just playing would help her develop those fine Wizard Chess skills she has. "I imagine that board would have been something to see. That was kind of your grandfather to make it so you could patake in the game, too," she said happily as she brought her legs up on the bench and crossed them.

What the Wolfclaw girl said about there being things to tie all the houses together, even there at her school, made Rowan smile. This was more then they were all magical. Houses simply divided the masses into smaller units that share something similar. It might also cut down on squabbles amonst others that might have a dynamic that is so different from another if they were housed together.

"Necromancy?"
Rowan whispered as Laureth told her about the different things at Wolfclaw. She had heard and read about that class. Dark stuff... She was both surprised and not about all the dark stuff Wolfclaw held. "That must be pretty cool to have your uncle be a professor. How did he bring an Inferi to class? Aren't they dangerous?" Rowan asked, her brow furrowed as she tried to remember everything she had learned thus far about those dark creatures. Chuckling lightly at the thought about the good, the bad, and those somewhere in the middle as Laureth told her about the different students, she couldn't help but think about Atticus, Ares, and then any number of others that feel somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. "It's so true. No matter where you go, there will always be those that are kind of like a condratition to what you would think would be there. Here is no acception," she mused, "I don't know that I would hold up alright at your school, Laureth. But, maybe I could visit sometime. Hogwarts is my home, and I wouldn't trade it for anything either. But a visit, I could handle that." Smiling warmly at the girl, Rowan was suddenly aware of just how comfortable she was talking to her. It was a nice change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down