Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Testing the Water (Zephyr)

Go down

Testing the Water (Zephyr) Empty Testing the Water (Zephyr)

Post by Xanthos Gamp Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Somewhere in the distance the sound of bickering children could be heard, but Xanthos paid them no heed as he slowly walked through the dark corridors of the dungeon. In the past few days, he had been taking his time to explore the old castle which was so very unlike the one he was taught in for so many years and he found himself wishing back for the cold and dark building in Czechia. How should anyone learn to fight for themselves in such a comfortable environment?

Xanthos snorted and moved past a bunch of students, completely unnoticed due to the charm he had placed on his person and for a moment he was inclined to reach out and snap their little necks for their annoying chatter. Who cared about what dress they were going to wear to the Yule ball? He certainly didn’t, but, remembering that he was acting as a teacher, Xanthos just moved on, rounding a corner where he came to a halt.

A young man had just entered the corridor and was now heading towards him; a man he knew only from sight, but one Xanthos had been keeping his eyes on since he arrived here a few days ago. Zephire Mucliber, pureblood, Slytherin and, most importantly, his sister’s boyfriend. His eyes narrowed as the man came closer and Xanthos almost reached for his wand to hex him for the simple reason of touching Dahlia, but his control was too good for that and his sister could have picked a worse boy to live out her needs with, so he sighed and when the Slytherin student was just passing by, Xanthos cleared his throat and lowered the charm that had been hiding him from attention so far. “Mr Mulciber, a word, if I may?”
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

House : Emperor

Character sheet
Jobs: Occlumency Professor
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Testing the Water (Zephyr) Empty Re: Testing the Water (Zephyr)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Zephyr had just entered the Dungeon, heading to the Common Room and his dorm for a much needed rest. It had been a busy few days, and his guard was up hardcore. There were so many new people around that his relaxed demeanor he had grown accustomed to was suddenly less so. You don't need to be so high strung, Zephyr. Not now, Eryx. Well, it's true! Fuck, Zephyr! Eryx, he's under enough strain as it is. You being your normal dick self is not going to help. He will relax when he gets to his room. Nodding to himself slightly, not even enough for anyone to perceive it as anything other then nodding in greeting to those he was passing by, Zephyr was pleased when the door to the common room came into view. The chattering of the younger students wasn't helping his nerves either...

As he passed by one of the offshoots of the Dungeon, Zephyr nearly jumped when a man seemed to materialize out of nowhere. Where the fuck did he come from? He's a Professor from Wolfclaw, right? I think so. Tread carefully, Zephyr. Tipping his head in acceptance to the Professor's request, Zephyr answered, "Yes, Sir. Of course." Stepping into the dark corridor, he slipped his hands into his trouser pockets and gave his neck a gentle pop as he waited for the man to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:28 pm

Xanthos' face remained expressionless, the calm mask firm in place, as his dark eyes slowly sized up the young man in front of him. He was tall and gave off the impression of being able to handle himself which was one point in his favour, as Dahlia would need a man to be able to handle her fierce temper. The Slytherin's polite answer to his, admittedly very unusual approach, made Xanthos feel a bit more charitable about his and Dahlia's relationship, though there still was something about the boy that set Xanthos on his guard.

With a subtle wave of his wand, a charm was erected around them to keep passer-by from overhearing their conversation and just then did Xanthos finally address the younger man. "I wonder if you know who I am..." he commented curiously, not knowing how much his sister had told her boyfriend about her family.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Glancing over his shoulder as a silencing charm was put in place, Zephyr swallowed slightly before looking back at the man, finally getting a good look at his face. You know him, Baby? I think it's Dahlia's brother. Which one, Zeph? The eldest... They don't- I know they don't know. The man's question brought a nod from Zephyr in response. "If memory serves me right, you remind me of Dahlia Gamp's eldest brother, Xanthos, Professor at Wolfclaw Academy," he answered simply. He had been wondering when he was going to meet the rest of Dahlia's family since they got together. Timing always seemed to be off, though, thus making running into them like chasing a ghost. But, that could have been Dahlia's plan for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:31 pm

Inclining his head slightly in thought, Xanthos watched the younger man answer his question in a very nondescript way. For a moment, he wondered what his sister might have told him about the rest of her family and how much she knew about him, but for now, that did not matter a lot, as he would get the information he sought one way or another. "You are correct in the latter but not in the former. I am only the second oldest son, my older brother, Michael, works for your Ministry." he stated calmly, feeling slightly amused at the mix-up. "But never mind, I am not much for beating around the bush, so let me get to the point." Xanthos expression turned more serious and his eyes narrowed a bit at the student. "I know that you dating my sister and I would like to know what your intentions are." Xanthos knew his sister very well and she always loved to flirt, but for her to actually tell her family about someone meant that it was more than just a flirt for her. What it meant for the young man, was a different topic though.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:59 pm

Thinking back to what Dahlia had said about her brothers, Zephyr remembered that she did have one more brother older than Xanthos, and he did work for the Ministry. "Forgive me," he said with a sheepish grin which faded as the air filled with seriousness at the next comments. He means business, Zeph. Be careful... I will. Yeah, you will means you say stupid shit and put us all in jeopardy. You know, I could focus a lot more if you weren't jabbering in my head all the time. Fuck you, Zephyr... Just...quiet now... Looking Xanthos in the eye, Zephyr's own stormy eyes reflected the unrest inside as Dahlia's brother voiced his concern about his intentions. To care for her... To treasure her... To make sweet love to- Calix, for fuck's sake! Exactly! Shut up! Why don't you? You haven't answered. I don't need to. Whatever. Fuck off! Fighting the tension from The Fellows all sounding at once, Zephyr's head ticked slightly. Get a fucking hold of yourself, Zephyr! I would if you would shut the hell up! Drawing a deep breath, Zephyr answered, "I love your sister. I love her very much. I plan to treat her has she deserves and be whatever she needs me to be." Good answer, Zephyr! Stop!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Xanthos chuckled slightly and waved the young man's apology off with an amused smirk on his lips, not in the least bothered by the confusion. Their older brother in many ways was like a father figure for them, so he might very well be the oldest.

The answer he received to his question made Xanthos stare at the Slytherin student for a while, his brow furrowed in thought. He was quite pleased to hear that the young man obviously was very serious about the relationship to Dahlia and Xanthos did not doubt his honesty for a second which was quite unusual for his suspicious nature. "Very well. As I am sure you can imagine, I am quite pleased to hear how serious you feel about my sister." he finally said calmly.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Told you is was a good answer! Calix, for the love of Merlin, shut up! Zeph, focus... I am! Just tell them to quiet... Flexing his jaw hard at the reaction from Calix, he drew a steady breath and nodded. "She means the world to me. I'm glad that you are pleased with my intentions. I would react the same way with my cousins and their boyfriends," he answered honestly. Yeah, like Caly and Darius, Falcon and Hekate... Oh! What about Nyx and Amara! Allowing a small wince to flex at the corner of his eye, Zephyr could only hope that The Fellows would get a grip so this conversation could continue normally. "I am sorry that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the rest of you before now," he commented with a small, crooked smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:40 pm

The slight tension the other boy seemed to be in did not go unrecognized by the young professor and Xanthos' felt his eyes narrow again in suspicion. Usually, he would enjoy the challenge of figuring out a secret, just like with Alaska, but when his family was involved, he did really not feel up to playing around. The younger man's words did sound quite reasonable, but they did not help to ease the feeling of distrust he now felt towards the student. "Mhm ... my family is rarely resting in one place, so I am not surprised that we have missed each other so far." Xanthos remarked. "Mr Mulciber, tell me, am I making you feel uneasy? You seem a little tense." he stated, his voice still smooth and calm, though his dark eyes were boring into the student's.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:50 pm

"So Dahlia has told me on several occasions," Zephyr mused at Xanthos' reply to not crossing paths as yet. However, his next comment made silence fall like a heavy curtain in his mind all everyone's attention was on the man before them. What did you do, Zephyr?! I did NOTHING! I told you all to shut the hell up and you didn't listen! But, Zephyr- No! No, buts! Zephyr, the fuck! No, he's right... Giving his head a small clearing shake, Zephyr answered simply, "Not you. Just... Tense from the start of a new year, I suppose." It was a half-truth, really. Zephyr wasn't tense due to talking with Dahlia's brother, but he was due to the tension and strain The Fellows were putting on him. You're a horrid liar, Zephyr... ERYX! Just saying it like it is. Excuse me if the truth fucking hurts... "You...uh... You teach at Wolfclaw? What subject?" Zephyr asked, trying to take the conversation away from himself and the cracks in his front that were starting to be noticed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Hearing the younger man's answer, Xanthos' expression darkened visibly and he chuckled without any trace of amusement. He could almost smell the untruth clinging to the words that came out of the Slytherin's mouth and it did not sit well with him at all. "Of course..." he drawled sardonically and his lips twisted into a nasty sneer. When the student tried to change the subject in so obvious a way that it was almost an insult to both of their intelligence, Xanthos took a step closer to him and growled. "If you think that I will let you get away with lying to me in such a blatant way, you are sadly mistaken." he hissed through his teeth. Xanthos would not have his sister involved with someone who was acting this suspicious.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:17 am

Careful, Zeph. He's onto you... Zephyr's jaw flexed as he watched the man's eyes darken and heard his chuckle that was only in sound and not in look. His answer nearly made his blood run cold as he knew that Xanthos suspected him, without question. He knows you're fucking lying, Zephyr. We told you to tread carefully. Why the FUCK don't you EVER listen to us?! STOP! Gritting his teeth, another small tick moved his head slightly. As Dahlia's brother moved closer to him, Zephyr took a small step back, feeling his heels come in contact with the stone wall behind him, and looked into the eyes of the man before him, the storm in his eyes growing stronger with each passing moment. Maybe... Baby, maybe tell him. Dahlia knows and understands, maybe he will, too. Don't be a fool, Theon. Drawing a deep breath, Zephyr let it out slowly and said again, "It's not lie, Sir." Eryx threw his arms in the air in frustration as he turned and walked away muttering angrily under his breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Xanthos' eyes were burning into the younger man's troubled orbs and he could see the storm that seemed to be raging behind them. As soon as the Slytherin stepped back, Xanthos followed suit and stepped forward again, backing the student up against the wall. He was not going to let the boy off that easily, not with his sister's wellbeing in question, so he just shook his head at the younger man's words. Xanthos clicked his tongue in a disapproving manner. "You are in luck, Mr Mulciber, that I am in quite a charitable mood today, so you have one more chance to tell me what is going on here. And do not take this lightly, I do not joke around when it comes to my family." he said coldly.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

As Xanthos mirrored Zephyr's move as he backed up, Eryx growled in both frustration and protectiveness while the others took a protective stance around him, ready for anything, not that they could do much for him. Swallowing dryly as Dahlia's brother gave him one last warning to tell him what was going on, he looked internally for advice from The Fellows. You might not have a choice anymore, Zeph... Fuck him! He should take your word for what it is! It's his sister, Eryx. I don't give a rat's ass! Come on! I'd do the same with Calypso, Nyx, Hekate... Still... You've not given him any reason to doubt you! He's a good read of people, Eryx. Guess you have to make a fucking call then, Zephyr. I hope to fuck it doesn't backfire...

Closing his eyes, Zephyr drew a deep breath before saying, "Alright, Xanthos... Alright..." Opening his stormy eyes and bringing them up to meet the man's eyes before him, he answered in low tones so it was just him and Xanthos that could hear them, even if a silencing charm protected their conversation from being heard by others. "What I told you is only a half-truth. I am stressed and strained from the new term beginning. Because there are so many new people around... Because..." Spit it out, Zephyr, for fuck's sake! If you're gonna tell him, DO IT! Wincing at Eryx's shouts, he gave his head a small shake and said, "Dahlia knows, so you, as her brother should, too... I hear voices other then my own thoughts..." There, he'd said it. As he waited for Xanthos' judgement, a deafening silence fell over The Fellows as Osirus put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Xanthos watched the young man in front of him with sharp eyes, keeping his thoughts to himself, as the student seemed to be battling with himself. He could almost feel the unease radiating off him in waves and especially the dark eyes spoke of a hard fight inside of him. Interesting, very interesting, Xanthos thought, his curious nature shortly overpowering his protective side, but he quickly caught himself. He was not here to figure out a new mystery, but to make sure that his sister's lover was a good match for her.
He raised his brow at the boy when he finally started to talk after taking a deep breath and waited for the great secret the Slytherin had been hiding. He seemed to be quite honest, though it took him a bit to get to the point which made Xanthos have to fight the urge to just hurry him on a bit with a well aimed hex. At last, the student came out with the truth and for a moment Xanthos did not quite know how to react. He was hearing voices? In his head? That information did actually manage to throw him off, but so far he did not see it as a danger to his family, so curiosity won over suspicion. "I must admit, I do not know much about schizophrenia, I guess you have been born with it?" he asked after a few moments of silence.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:30 am

Schizophrenia? He thinks you're Schiz, Zephyr! Even more bat shit crazy then you really are! I know... Better correct him before he gets the wrong idea... The tension in his mind eased slightly as both Eryx and Calix found some humor in the assumption Dhalia's brother had made, but they still knew they weren't out of the woods yet. Letting out the breath he had been holding, Zephyr gave his head a small shake. Really, he was just happy that Xanthos seemed more curious than anything, but it still didn't mean that things were alright. He could still react badly, turn him in, any number of things... "It's not... it's not Schizophrenia," he told him, the storm in his eyes settling slightly. He had read up on that condition, along with his own, and was thankful that he had what he had. Trying to think of how best to explain it, he remembered what his mother and father had said. "It's like my emotions have their own entities... Multiple Personality Disorder, Zeph... Thank you... It's Multiple Personality Disorder. At least, that's what my mother and father called it. And, no... I wasn't born with it," Zephyr finished, unsure just how Xanthos would take this bit of news as he didn't know if this condition was any better in his eyes or not. Just stay calm, Zeph. I am... No, you aren't. Your heart is racing. Wouldn't yours be if you were getting the fifth degree, too? Be that as it may- Baby, just try to calm down... Yeah, you having a fucking fit in front of this dolt isn't going to help your case with him... Alright, alright...

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Gamp Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Now that he was finally getting somewhere, Xanthos slowly relaxed his stance and took a step backwards to give the boy a little more air to breathe. He could see that he was still quite on the edge and now he could even understand the reason behind the tension in the Slytherin. Most people would be quite freaked out when you told them that you are hearing voices. Xanthos had never given much about the opinion of others, nor did he hold others to a standard he could not live up to and he knew that he was not quite sane either. So instead of using the information he just gained against the young man, Xanthos was more interested to find out exactly what went on in his head.

"Oh ... so you are not just hearing random voices?" he asked curiously when his assumption was corrected. That was even more interesting than plain schizophrenia. Voices that had their own character, their own personality. "How many personalities do you have and do you switch between them or do you just hear their voices." This was something Xanthos had to know for if the former was the case, he had to be sure that none of them meant Dahlia any harm.
Xanthos Gamp
Xanthos Gamp

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Relaxing slightly as Xanthos gave him some room, Zephyr watching him closely for any reaction he might have. Hearing voices for whatever reason was not good, so keeping it to oneself or between oneself and only the absolute closest of friends and family was of the upmost importance. Something his family had stressed to him and his cousins since The Fellowes showed up and they were told about them. There... He's giving you space. But, why? Might be to just give you room and nothing more. Or he could be preping to hex the shit out of you... Shut up, Eryx! Hey, he asked! It's a possibility! Not likely... How the fuck would you know? Stop. Just stop...

Xanthos' questions were interesting to Zephyr. They were much like Dahlia's had been when she first found out that he had this condition. Curiosity runs in the family? Maybe... Taking a steadying breath, he let it out slowly, willing himself to relax further. "No, not random. There are four of them. As much as they would like to, I keep control except for rare occasions when it's outside my own power to be," he answered simply, unsure of how much information to give. Xanthos was proving to be the curious sort, which could be both good and bad when it came to his condition. The more he knew, the more damage he could do both to him and to his family. Best not think about such things, Zeph. You're doing fine so far. Yeah, don't go and fuck this up...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down