Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open) Empty It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open)

Post by Juliette Ambroise Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Juliette quickly left her old university, arms filled with books that she knew some of her students would enjoy. After returning to England, her french accent seemed to disappear again, lingering at times of stress and anger. Finding her way to a local bar, she placed the books on the side allowing the scent to calm her before ordering a glass of wine. Sipping it, her hazel eyes narrowed at the sight of a fight breaking out and in an instant, was standing up with her hands on the men's nape. ''Enough of this foolish fighting...You're both pathetic.'' Juliette said, her french accent a little stronger and shoved them away into their chairs, returning to her seat without a piece of hair out of place.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

House : Beauxbatons

Character sheet
Jobs: Headmistress
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open) Empty Re: It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open)

Post by Conrad Bishop Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Conrad was sat on a stool at his local bar, staring into his glass, still half full of lager (never half empty). As he heard the rumblings of a fight beginning to break out he turned around slowly, hoping to find some entertainment as he drowned his sorrows. Much to his disappointment, a young woman broke it up before it could even begin. She spoke with authority, with just enough of a foreign accent to add that little bit of sex appeal. As she sat down, hair still immaculate, Conrad chirped up. "So, do you make a habit of ruining peoples fun? Or are you just in an exceptionally good mood today?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Unemployed
Blood Status: Muggleborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Juliette turned around quite slowly when she was addressed, quite differently to what she was used to. THe corner of her lips turned upwards into a playful smile. ''I'm going to say both just for ze hell of it.'' She quipped, downing the rest of her wine before pushing her books into her magically extended bag and sat down beside the man. ''You don't have a problem with that, do you?'' Her eyebrow raised delicately, enough to show she was highly amused.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Seeing that he had at least made a good first impression (inadvertently, granted) a slight grin appeared in one corner of his lips as he ruffled his brow. He was not used to making friends so easily. "Problem? Pfft, no! Not at all." Taking a sip of his drink he leaned back against the counter and continued "I mean, its not every day you meet a woman who is quite clearly doing well for herself, and not completely up her own arse..." He said as he vaguely indicated towards the woman in front of him. "... So no, no problems here." He Gave a brief yet friendly smile before extending his hand towards her. "Im Conrad by the way..."
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Juliette rolled her eyes, ordering a firewhiskey this time. Hearing his words, she let a laugh escape her lips before nodding. ''I take pride in the fact i am not...up my own arse.'' She retorted before seeing his hand in front of her. ''I'm glad it's not a problem and that i have showed you a rare woman. My name is Juliette.'' She grasped his strong hand, shaking it for a moment before realizing how tiny it was in his. Pulling away, she gave him a short smile. ''Juliette Ambroise.'' She finished introducing herself, watching the man carefully.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 pm

"Ambroise, nice" Said Conrad before pointing to himself, "Bishop" He smiled before ordering another lager, before downing the remaining half o his current drink. Leaning forwards slightly he grinned and ruffled his brow again. "So, tell me about yourself, Miss Ambroise..." He asked, curiosity was a habit of his. He had somewhat of a need to know everything about everyone, almost a defense mechanism. The way he saw it, the more he knew about a person, the less likely they would be able to hurt him. He had had too much experience with that already."... What is there to know about you?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 am

Juliette nodded, her mind going backwards to the Salem witch trails where there was a Bishop family. It related to her current studies. Shrugging the useless fact away into the depths of her mind, she took a sip of her firewhiskey, confused as to why this person requested to know more about her. ''I'm a Headmistress at a French school...My father is a commander for the French Armies. My Mother...Imagine the queen but with a much lesser importance. In all honesty, there isn't that much to say.'' She said, furrowing her brow with a tad bit of annoyance at her meek life. ''Let's just say, i'm quite a boring woman who just excelled in her universities with one goal. To become a headmistress and now that i have that...I don't do much.'' She said, biting the corner of her lip as finally a strand of hair fell into her line of vision. Leaving it there to frame her face, she stared at Conrad even more. ''And what about you? Tell me about yourself or do you plan on being a man of mystery?'' 
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:32 am

Seeing the trace of annoyance on Juliettes face, Conrad cocked an eyebrow and continued with caution. "So... you go in to universtity, work your ass off for years to achieve your one goal in life. You finally achieve it and now... what? You're dissapointed?" He couldnt seem to get his head around the fact that someone who seemed to have so much, could complain how their life had turne out, "I dont think you realise how well you have it. You quite clearly have the drive to do pretty much what ever the hell you want, all you need to do is figure out what that might be." With this Conrad smiled and leaned back, "Ooh, man of mystery? Well as appealing as that sounds..." Taking a sip of his drink, he continued slowly "... well, im afraid my life hasnt been as illustrious as yours but, ill do my best to keep it interesting. I grew up in london with my single alcoholic mother, who barely made enough for us to eat. Because of this, i was usualy laughed at by the other kids, and I usualy ended up kicking their asses." Taking a large gulp of his lager, frustration grew on his face, which he poorly hid with a forced smile. "When I turned eleven, i recieved my acceptance letter from hogwarts, having no actual clue i was capable of any sort of magic, Id like to say thats where my life took off but... id be lying. Being a muggle born made life tough, alot of the other kids made life tough for me, which once again ended up in them getting their teeth kicked in, which in turn landed me in almost all of the teachers bad books." The smile had by this time faded from his face, staring once again into the bottom of his glass, he continued, "Despite this, i got through all of my classes and got all my grades... that was a year ago. Since then..." He sighed and paused for a moment, then suddenly turned back to face Juliette, his usual friendly smile once again taking over his face. "...Well, here i am. No job, no money, and I still have a smile on my face."
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 am

Juliette sighed and ran a hand through her hair, tugging at the ends to get rid of the negativity. He was right. She had everything she had ever wanted and she was complaining. ''I'm more...bored. I like to be active...to be happier.'' She said, chewing on her lip before taking a sip of her drink. ''You're very right, Conrad. I'll be sure to remember this..'' As he explained his story, her brow furrowed and her hand slid across the table and grasped his hand in comfort even if he would not wish it. Hearing that it was only a year, she tilted her head. ''You're 18? By the gods, I actually thought you were older! Such wise words..'' She said, letting a smile grace her face to a short moment. ''I will learn from you, Conrad...A person who has very little still seems to be able to enjoy the pleasures in life.'' She said before looking at the barmaid with a gentle smile. ''Excuse me, Ma'am. Please put this gentleman on my tab and no questions are to be asked, do you understand?'' Juliette said firmly towards the woman who nodded quickly, quite frightened of the demanding woman and Juliette simply turned towards Conrad. ''I do know many shops are looking for managers or just simple workers. Why not go there?'' She finally asked after staring at him for a while. The look of frustration on his face made her want to hug him but refrained from doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 am

As Juliette grasped his hand he paused for a moment. Smiling to himself for a moment, he let her keep hold of his hand as he completed his story. When she put him on her tab, he was noticeably taken aback by her kind gesture, he looked her in the eyes and gave one of the first sincere smiles that he had given in a long time. "Thankyou..." he said simply. laughing lightly at the suggestion of looking to the local shops for work he took a sip of his drink before speaking again "You don't think I've tried? They take one look at me and just assume that I'm going to be trouble. And even if I did get the job, I would be bored out of my skull. I'd go insane within a week, I'd probably try and kill myself..." He desperately wanted to add "again" to the end of that sentence, but he stopped himself from doing so, she didn't need to hear that. Even so, the scars on his wrists were starting to itch. "Besides, I'm not exactly going hungry." He said before taking another swig of his beer. "There's an underground fighting ring not far from here, bare knuckles, steel cage, that kind of thing. If you win, you get paid. If you lose, you dont." He picked up his drink and allowed a smile to form in the corner of his lips. "I haven't lost yet..."
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:39 am

Juliette smiled at his smile, feeling it warm her to know she had done something good in the day. ''No need to say thank you, Conrad..'' She mused, pulling away her hand in case he felt awkward. Furrowing her brow at his words, she used her foot to spin his stool and grabbed his wrist, an inkling that he had done something. Her fingers touched the scars and she let out a sharp gasp. ''I will  help you. I may have just met you, Conrad Bishop but i will help you...With anything. Even if you'd go insane with a job..'' She said, staring at the scars with narrowed eyes. ''I am glad you haven't lost..'' She said, lifting up his wrist to kiss each of the scars. ''Do you have a place to stay?'' Juliette finally asked. Deep down, she cursed her caring instincts but was glad that with them, she could help people.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 am

Conrad jolted as Juliette spun his stool, as she found the scars he merely sighed and stared at the floor. Hearing the concern in her voice only made him feel worse, here she was pouring her heart out to him and he couldn't even look at her. Feeling her lips against his scars, he finally looked back up at her. He pulled his wrist away and tugged the sleeves of his jacket down to try and hide the scars. He forced a small smile on his face and answered her question. "I... I'm renting a place in the area. It's not much, and the landlord is an ass but... It's something." He was confused as to why a woman he had only just met was showing such concern, what reason did she have to care?
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 am

Juliette looked up slowly, letting him hide the scars before her hand landed on his cheek, stroking it whilst staring into his eyes. Trying to read his emotions, she let a small smile touch her lips. ''No need to hide from me, Conrad...I assure you that.'' She silently promised, giving him a firm nod before removing her hand. Tilting her head, she bit her lip gently before a larger smile grew. Pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket, she began writing on it. Sliding it over to him, it held an address. ''If you wish to get away from your...ass of a landlord. Go there. Tell them you are friends with Juliette Ambroise. They will allow you past the gates and voila, you are at my home.'' She smiled before it faded and she furrowed her brow. ''You do not have to accept or even go to my home. I just wish to be nice to you, Conrad.''
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:43 am

Feeling her hand against his cheek, he started to smile, then he started to laugh. "You are really in a 'touchy feely' mood, aren't you..." As he stopped laughing he noticed the piece of paper being pushed towards him. Furrowing his brow he picked it up and read the address on it. Nodding slowly he looked up and smiled. "Thankyou, I may just take you up on that." Noticing the smile fade from her face he listened for a moment before raising an eyebrow and asking "Why are you being so nice to me? I mean you put me on your tab, you invite me to your house. Is there ulterior motive here? Do you want something in return, am I just your good deed for the day?" Leaning forward he tilted his head and whispered "Are you trying to seduce me?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:50 am

Juliette laughed gently, shaking her head before tilting it in thought. ''I suppose you are right again. I'm a headmistress. I can't just walk around touching people. How awkward would that be?'' She quipped, shooting Conrad a grin. After ordering another drink, she took the shot and her head ticked the side at the strong fiery sensation. Conrad's question made her stare at her hands before frowning. ''I'm not entirely sure, Conrad...I've always been able to find the saddened souls, i suppose or it could be my womanly nature of just being nice. Perhaps when i find out myself, i'll tell you.'' Hearing his final question, she let out a louder laugh, amused before leaning forward as well, noses close to touching. ''Now, you wouldn't mind that would you?'' Her accent was a little stronger at this question, filled with amusement.
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 am

Conrad smirked as her accent became more prominent. "Well that all depends on whether... Hold on a sec..." He suddenly remembered the comment she had made about his age, and the fact that she was a head mistress. Sitting up he leaned against the counter and asked "How old are you? I wouldn't ask normally but the comment you made about my age, paired with you being a headmistress, makes me think that you might be a little bit older than I am." Finishing off the rest of his drink, he ordered another one as he began to feel the effects of others. Tilting his head, his next sentence was ever so slightly slurred. "Am I right or wrong? I'm thinkiiiiiiiiiing..." Leaning forward again as he tried to guess her age, he furrowed his brow and thought for a moment. "Hmm... Twentyyyy five? Twenty six? Am I hot or cold?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayari Knox Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Juliette rolled her eyes at his question, smirking. ''A lady does not tell her age..but seeing as i'm in a pub..'' She mused, trailing off for a moment. Laughing at his slightly slurred words, she let him guess before furrowing her brow in slight annoyance before shrugging. ''I'm twenty two. You're close but still a bit off.'' She replied before tilting her head, staring at Conrad with hawk-like eyes. ''And you are...eighteen.'' She guessed, smirking even more before ordering a cup of coffee and a cup of tea with milk. Sliding it over to Conrad, she grinned, ''Too cool the alcohol...It's already taking an effect.'' she said whilst sipping her coffee.
Mayari Knox
Mayari Knox

House : Araneae

Character sheet
Jobs: Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 am

"Twenty two? (I added a couple of years there, sorry about that.)You're twenty two and you are already a headmisteress? Um... how?" Conrad asked with great surprise. As Juliette stared at him he tilted his head. Laughing as she guessed his age he replied "Well, thats hardly fair. You already knew my age!" As the tea was slid towards him, he smiled in appreciation and took the cup in his hands. Sipping it he leaned back against the counter again and furrowed his brow. Pausing for a moment he turned towards Juliette and tilted his head. "Since when do pubs do tea and coffee?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:34 am

Juliette smiled and nodded, chuckling. It was a usual reaction that caused her to get quite amused. ''Yes, I am twenty two. It's simple, I was an apprentice to my headmistress. I was the top of my class in everything that i did and i also went to university. I was also top of my classes there. It's what you get with hard work and a father who was a commander of many armies and a mother who was a pureblood lady.'' She explained with a wave of her hand before sipping more of her coffee. Seeing Conrad look at her in the corner of her eye, she turned once more before letting out a light laugh. ''Since the owner is my cousin. He knows i do enjoy my alcohol but also knows i enjoy my coffee.'' She said, still laughing just as her cousin walked in, kissing her cheek and wandered around to help his workers. ''I make sure to come here quite often. Xavier and I were quite close when we were younger and due to my studies and then teaching, I haven't seen him in a while. Whenever you come in here, just tell him you know me and he'll be as kind as can be!'' 
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Conrad listened intently as Ambroise told her tale, as she explained the reason for the uncomon beverages he smiled and nodded. "How did i know that you would have something to do with it?" He said, laughing lightly. As he took another sip of his tea his head was already starting to clear, as who he assumed was her cousin walked into the room, Conrad gave him a small smile and a wave before turning back to Julliette. Hearing yet another kind offer from her he smiled and said "Well, i never imagined i would be the type to have friends in high places." Laughing to himslef he took another sip of tea and sighed. The group that Julliette had previously silenced were begining to get a little louder again. Shaking his head dissmissively he looked back to Ambroise and asked "Well Miss Ambroise, what are your plans after this?" he motioned vaguely to the surrounding pub.
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Juliette grinned and nodded slowly. ''I have something to do with everything, Mister Bishop.'' She quipped, raising her cup of coffee and blew away the smoke on top before taking a sip. Turning towards Conrad, she raised her eyebrow and poked the tip of his nose. ''And don't you forget it. I'm glad to know i'm your friend..'' She teased before her ears pricked at the sound of louder noise. ''For fuck sake..'' She muttered and spun around in her chair after putting down her cup of tea, immediately pulling out her wand and muttered a simple spell causing arrows to come out of her wand and pin the group to the walls. ''Shut the fuck up...I'm trying to enjoy a nice cup of coffee with this gentleman without wanting to stab a bitch.'' She said, snapping her hand to silence them before they even spoke, scared of the bossy woman. Tucking away her hand, she turned to Conrad. ''Possibly going back to my apartment to drink some more and read some more. That's the life of Juliette Ambroise.'' She said innocently.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs: On the Run
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Twitching his nose playfuly as she touched it, he grinned at her. However, as her mood suddenly changed, as did his expression. His grin quickly faded and his eyebrows raised into a look of shock as the rabble was pinned to the wall. As Juliette turned back towards him, he did a quick double take, laughing nervously. "Well... that was a change of atmosphere." Composing himself quickly as Julliette spoke, here turned the smile to his face. "Fair enough. So, you feel like some company?"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Juliette grinned back before watching him react to her..display of magic and temper. It was quite amusing to see him laugh like that. ''Yeah..Sorry but I can't stand so much noise. It isn't usually so lively here and at my school, everyone behaves properly and in a respectable manner. These dickwads don't.'' She explained herself before smiling even more. ''That'd be delightful!'' She replied. ''Would you like to go now before you see me in a not so innocent state?'' She said, nodding her head towards the men that were pinned to the wall with her wand spinning in her hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Conrad Bishop Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:56 pm

"Well i hate to break it to ya sweetheart, but bars arent usualy the most respectable places in town." Conrad replied with a grin. Nodding in response to her question, he stood and finished off his tea. Cocking his elbow, he offered her his arm with a wink and said simply "Lets go"
Conrad Bishop
Conrad Bishop

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Ambroise Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Juliette rolled her eyes and slowly stood up when she finished her coffee. ''Oh i know but usually, my cousin's bar is quite a respectable place but he seems to be slacking this fine evening.'' She quipped, bumping her hip against his before taking his arm and her bag. ''Yes...Let's.'' She retorted with excitement lacing her accented tone. Waving her wand, the men fell to the floor in heaps and Juliette was now standing at her old fashioned home. ''My mother's side of the family used to live in Oxford which is where we are now. She was a pureblood and well...the house explains that.'' She said, pointing across the river at the large house that was built to look like a castle. ''This is where that address leads. I thought a nice little walk across the bridge towards the house would be a good idea which is why i have not apparated us to the gates.'' Juliette explained with a faint blush on her cheeks, hoping Conrad did not think of her as some posh woman now seeing her home.

It's a pleasure (Conrad, Open) Castle-40494997311
Juliette Ambroise
Juliette Ambroise

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next