Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Spilled Ink (Open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spilled Ink (Open)  Empty Spilled Ink (Open)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Sierra sat in her favorite spot in the whole library. A tiny corner in the back, right by the window. She would sometimes curl up back there and work on homework, or new songs, or she would come here to just get away from everything. Hardly anyone bothered her back here, and she loved it. She pulled out some parchment, a quill, and an ink bottle. She began working on her potions essay.

The assignment was a 500 word essay on the use of the Bezoar and the benefits it has and how it can save you. She searched her brain for any information she could recall about the bezoar. But she was just drawing up a blank. She groaned in frustration and grabbed her text book from her bag. She hated having to use her book. She was supposed to be smart. Why couldn’t she remember this stuff on her own? She heard a bunch of people in the back of the library making a bunch of noise. She shook her head and sighed, most people didn’t even know Hogwarts had a library.

She began reading the pages of her text book and let the information swarm her mind. She began writing her essay. She wrote about how a bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. The Bezoar is an object that is usually made of hair, plant fibre, or similar indigestible matter that stays in the gut of an animal and forms a hard ball or "stone".

She was almost finished with her essay, when someone knocked over her ink bottle. Therefore, causing ink to spill all over her stuff including her almost finished essay! She jumped up to avoid getting ink all over her and gasped. “What the hell!”

Back to top Go down

Spilled Ink (Open)  Empty Re: Spilled Ink (Open)

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Ian was strolling through the library, looking for something interesting to read, as he was quite bored today. Even though Sirius Black was still on the run, most of the students and teachers seemed to have adjusted to the situation and just moved on with their lives and he tried to do the same. His eyes were focused on the shelves and so he did not noticed the table before he had walked right into it. "Oh, I'm so sorry." Ian looked sheepishly at the Gryffindor and quickly pulled out his wand to clean away the ink. "There, that's better."
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs: Student
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Sierra sighed as the boy cleaned up the spilled ink, but it was too late to save her paper. "Thanks... It's ok. Im just stressed out. Sorry for yelling at you." She looked up and found ehrself staring into a pair of bright green eyes. They were mezmerizing. "I'm Sierra Logan."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Ian shrugged and nodded at the girl, taking a seat on the other side of the table. "No problem, I destroyed your essay. I would have been mad as well." he said, grinning slightly. "Ian Mortinson, nice to meet you Sierra." he pulled up his knees to his chest and looked at the parchment. "What homework were you working on anyway? It seemed like you wrote a lot."
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:52 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, Ian. I must say, your eyes are amazing." She alughed and smiled, "Green Eyes." She put her papers in her bag and sat back down, "Potions essay on the Bezoar. You know how tough Snape is. I dont see how he and Mio are related. Mio is so sweet."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Ian pursed his lips when he heard the name Sydney used to call him. "Please don't call me Green Eyes, alright? Ian will do just fine." he told her quietly, though he sounded a bit tense. "Anyway. I know what you mean, Snape can be quite a hard task master, but he really isn't a bad person, you just don't know him very well. I think that Mio isn't so very unlike him, just a bit more Gryffindor, I guess." Ian laughed slightly, thinking of his friend.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Sydney stiffened when Ian suddenly got serious with her, "Sorry." She blushed and bit her lip, feeling kind of awkward now. "Yeah hes tough, like I said." She twirled her hair nervously and looked out the window, unsure of what to do or say now. She had offended him somwehow, "Sorry for offending you with the nick name earlier."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Ian sighed and smiled slightly at her, to ease her tension again. "No, it's alright. It's really not your fault, it's just that this name reminds me of a few things I'd rather forget about, you know?" he told her honestly. He was glad that in the past few weeks he had managed to block the other Hufflepuff out and just live his life without any problems for a change.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Sierra nodded solemnly, "I understand. My apologies." Everyone had things they wished to ignore in their life. "If you dont mind me asking, what is it you're trying to forget? You dont have to tell me though."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Nodding slightly, Ian averted his eyes. "I'd rather not talk about it. I think my friends have exhausted this specific subject in the last few weeks, but it involves an exgirlfriend." he told her, his eyes turning a few shades darker as he thought of the last time he had talked to Sydney. Shaking his head, he brought his attention back to the girl in front of him. "Anyway, can I help you somehow? To make up fro my blunder from before?" Ian asked and smiled a bit again.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:54 pm

"Oh, Im sorry to hear that. She must have been a total bitch and really stupid to break up with you. Or you her. Whatever happened." She rested a hand on Ians shoulder and smiled as he offered to help her, "Actually, if you could help me re write it I would greatly appreciate it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 am

Ian waved her off and shook his head slightly "Never mind, shit happens of so my friends tell me. I just hope that you won’t have to go through something like that, it’s really not pretty.” He frowned, but then shrugged at her. “Anyway, so Snape’s essay, right? It was supposed to be about Bezoars if I remember correctly, I already did it sometime last week.” He told her sheepishly, realizing how nerdy he sounded.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 am

Sierra froze as Ian said he hoped she never had to deal with heartbreak. She already had once in her life. Jason. But she didnt say so, "Yeah I hope I dont either." She rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled nervously. "Yeah Bezoars. Their proerties, uses, etc."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 am

Ian relaxed a bit again at the change of subject and leaned over the table to get a better look at what she was going to write down. "Alright, Bezoars, found in stomachs of goats, they have a stone like texture, and can be taken to cure most poisons. Unfortunately they don't work on the more advanced poisons." Ian recited what he remembered from the top of his head. "They are made of undigested stuff similar to a hairball..." he chuckled thinking about some of the cats on his parents' farm. They were always coughing up these nasty things as well.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

"So bezoars are disgusting." Sierra said as she made a face of pure disgust. She found herself laughing with him when he said hairball, "Like a cat?" She began writing down what he said and looked up every once in a while and smiled. "So Ian, what dl you wanna do with your life?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:14 pm

"Yeah, you could say so. I wouldn't want to try one." Ian said, laughing at her face, though he could really understand why she felt that way. Just thinking about where the thing came from was quite disgusting. "Yes, just like a cat, it looks awful when they bring these things up. I'm glad we humans don't do that." he muttered before looking back up at her. "Erm... with my life? I have no idea, yet. I just want to do good at school and have fun with my friends. I haven't given much thought to it yet, you?"
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm

"I want to bring joy to people. Make them smile. However it is I can do that, I will do it." She smiled embarrasedly and blushed a bright red. She had a book of songs on the table, luckily it was closed so Ian could not see what was inside it. "I like to write."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 pm

Ian bit his lip at the first image that jumped to his mind at her words, but then just burst out laughing. "Sorry!" he gasped, smiling up at her sheepishly as he pressed his hand to his side where he was getting stitches from the laughing. "I was just... when you said you want to make people smile, I was just getting the image of a clown in my head. So sorry!" Ian finally calmed down and rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Sorry." he said again. "It's good to make people happy. I try to be friendly and helpful to everyone as well, even if it's not always appreciated."
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Sierra was confused as to why Ian was laughing, but then she understood when he explained what was going on in his head, "OH haha. Very funny." She took out her wand and shot a quick spell at Ian which turned his hair red and gave him a red rubber nose. "Now that is funny." She listened to him and smiled, "Well, I appreciate it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Ian's eyes widen comically when she raised her wand at him and instinctually his own wand was pointed at her. Since he had started training with his friends, his reflexes had increased quite a lot, but now he relaxed again and shook his head, grinning back at her. "Good one, though I don't think red is my colour." he commented and quickly turned her hair green. "That's so much better."
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

"You did not..." Her eyes widened and she shot another spell at him turning his hair pink and smothering his face in pretty makeup, "Awwwww, well arent we a pretty pretty princess?" She laughed and wished she had a camera to take a picture of him. "You look good, Mortinson. That shade of pink lipstick is so your color."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

"Ahh!" Ian shook his head frantically and rubbed at his face with the sleeve of his robe. "Urg, that's aweful!" Finally, he had cleaned it off, shooting a disgusted look at the pink colour on his cloak before vanishing it with his wand and painting the Gryffindor's face like a clown. "So, that's so much nicer than before. And I'll think I keep the pink hair, it makes me look cute don't you think?" he made his best cute face at her.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Sierra smiled, "Yeah, you look super cute." Then he turned her face into a clowns. Sierra glared and made Ians face look like a dog. "Awwwww, I think Ill call you rover." She reached over and scracthed behind his ear before changing it back to the pretty make up face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Mortinson Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Ian felt his face for a second before starting to bark. "Wuff wuff!" He burst out laughing again and grinned at her. "You're good at these spells." he told her and fell back on his seat. Suddenly, he started laughing again. "I think my friend would love this! She's a lot like a wolf herself, so seeing me as a dog would be fun, I guess." he explained to Sierra.
Ian Mortinson
Ian Mortinson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Sierra frowned slightly as Ian mentioned some girl, "Oh, well I can teach you the spell if you want." She turned back to her books, her mood slightly killed and started writing. "Thre bezoar can be used to cure most poisons." She spoke as she wrote. SHe wanted to keep playing with Ian, she liked him. He seemed sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next