Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

Potions Lesson 2

+3
Jocelyn Immorta
Felix Shadow
Luna Valkyrie
7 posters

Go down

Potions Lesson 2 Empty Potions Lesson 2

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:25 pm

*Squeak, squeak, squeak...* Professor Slughorn smiled as he hung a glass vial containing the green potion that the students would be asked to brew in class from his vial holder. He was excited to get the brewing underway and picked this one as a good one to bridge the gap between the experienced and the not to experienced brewers.

The blackboard showed the name of the potion as well as the page in their books where it could be found. Checking things over one last time, he gave a curt nod as everything was in order for class to begin. Now, for the arrival of his students....

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson 2 Empty Re: Potions Lesson 2

Post by Luna Valkyrie Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Luna slowly walked to Potions and smiled at Professor Slughorn. ''Mornin' Professor.'' She said with a polite smile. She walked to the back of the class and sat in the darkest corner. She pulled out her parchment and crow quill, brushing the tip along her bottom lip. Her foot softly tapped on the floor and waited for other students.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:
Blood Status: Pureblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 am

Kronos strolled in "Alright Sir, how are you this fine day?" He smiled at Luna and whispered "We should totally do something after lesson my Love." He took a seat and got his stuff out.
Felix Shadow
Felix Shadow

House : Slytherin

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:27 am

Jocelyn walked into the potions classroom, a little bit more happier than with Charms, she sat down and looked at the board. Her mood dropped as she saw in her book what kind of potion they had to brew. She was never good in potions and this was one of the classes she was going to have a fail for.

Jocelyn groaned and started to scribble something on her piece of parchment.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet
Jobs: stay at home mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Valkyrie Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:49 am

Luna looked up to see Kronos smile at her. Listening to his whisper, she nods slowly. She smiled at Jocelyn and began drawing on a little bit of parchment. She slouched in the chair and her feet touched the desk in front of her as she chewed on her lip, waiting patiently.
Luna Valkyrie
Luna Valkyrie

House : Hufflepuff

Character sheet
Jobs:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Avalon walked into the potions classroom with an odd grin on her face. She wasn't very good in most of her classes, but potions was her favorite. She always had an interest in potions, though she could never explain why. Avalon spotted Jocelyn and took the seat next to her. "Hey Jocelyn," she said. She then looked at the board and smiled a little wider as she figured out that they were actually brewing that day. All she had done for most the day was write notes and papers, so doing something that didn't involve writing was great for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Jocelyn looked up as Avalon sat down in the seat next to her, she smiled weakly. "Hey Avalon." She followed Avalon's gaze to the board and then saw her smile. Jocelyn got curious. "Are you good at potions Avalon?" She asked the girl.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Avalon nodded. "I'm not too bad at it, and you?" she replied. She didn't like to seem really smart, and most of the time she did a pretty good job at it, but not in potions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

"Ohh i'm going to mess this up big time, Potions is not my thing at all, i tried to see it as a fun class but i just naturally suck at it. So i don't know if sitting next to me is such a great idea." Jocelyn joked to Avalon but also a little bit serious about it. She could let the Potion explode easily.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Avalon laughed a little. "Don't worry, I have you covered. I've brewed this potion at least ten times before," she said. It was true. She had spent a lot of her free time in her dorm just brewing potions. Sometimes she would sneak into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom to brew more advanced potions, but Avalon couldn't stand the wailing of that damned ghost girl, so it didn't happen too often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Morgan filed into her normal seat in Professor Slughorn's class, taking special notice of the potion that was on display. A small smile touches her lips as she remembered what this potion meant to her and Remus. She was looking forward to brewing it herself. Morgan readied herself and waited patiently for class to begin.

----

As Vixen entered Potions, she looked around for Regulus. Beat him this time... she thought with a smirk. She took a seat in the area where they had worked before and waited for class to begin as well as Regulus to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Regulus pushed the door open slowly, taking a silent step inside the classroom. He cracked his knuckles, glancing around. Another day with these amateurs... he sighed, rolling his eyes. Potions was far too easy for his intellect, yet Regulus still enjoyed Horace's lessons. Reason why he actually went to the class. Taking a seat next to Vixen, he blew some air into her ear with a grin, "Ya beat me this time!" he sang out, before glancing at Slughorn. Let's start then....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucius Malfoy Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Lucius stepped into the classroom, his blonde hair waving around in the air. He pulled a strand behind his ear, walking pompously to the front of the classroom, "Good Morning Professor Slughorn!" he stated, casually, walking to the seat next to Regulus, "Hello Regulus, I trust you are fairing well this morning," Lucius stated with a smirk, before waving at Vixen, "And hello to you miss Lestrange," he said, before glancing back at the professor, clearing his throat silently.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Character sheet
Jobs: Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

Selena stepped into the potions classroom and walked to one of the empty desk where she got out her writing material to get ready for the lesson. "Morning, Professor." she greeted him with a warm smile and leaned forward on her chair. Letting her eyes travel over the blackboard, she cheered at the prospect of brewing a potion again.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

House : Gryffindor

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer in the Department for Spell Damage
Blood Status: Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Snape Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Sinking down next to Selena, Severus nodded his greeting to the professor before turning to his girlfriend with a smirk. "So eager to start the lesson, are you?" he asked teasing. "Even I am not that cheered by it and I love potions, but then again you're so happy about all classes, huh?" His voice sounded slightly derisive and he winced at his own tone.
"Sorry, not my day..." he told her with a sheepish expression.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Character sheet
Jobs: Potion Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 pm

"Morning, morning, ladies and gentlemen," Professor Slughorn greeted everyone. "I think it's about time we get started. Now, this potion we talked about briefly in the first lesson. Remember, it is green and the consistency of water when brewed correctly. Anyone care to remind us what this potion is and what it is commonly used for?" he asked motioning to vial of green liquid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 am

Avalon listened as Professor Slughorn began the lesson. He asked which potion he was speaking about and her hand shot up. "Is it the Wiggenweld Potion?" she half asked, half answered. She hadn't been paying much attention during the first lesson because of a letter from her father, but she was still almost positive that she was correct. She hoped she was, or she would look really stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Alexis gritted her teeth as she approached the door. She had to go to class, but she knew that she was late. She hated walking into the classroom and interrupting, just to have people look at her. Pushing open the door, she looked at the professor and said, "I'm sorry, sir." She then walked to an empty seat in the back of the classroom, looking at the vial of green liquid in Slughorn's hand. Taking her books out, she slid them onto her desk and hoped that she hadn't missed anything exciting.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer - Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Professor Slughorn was just about to speak when his classroom door opened. Looking to the door, he spotted a young Ravenclaw slipping in. He nodded at her apology and said, "Oh that's quite alright, my dear. No harm done. We were just getting started." Normally, he would have not tolerated a tardy student, but they had only just started, so why make a scene. Looking back as the class he began, again. "Yes, Miss Reynolds, you are correct. 5 points to Slytherin. This potion is, in fact, the Wiggenweld Potion. And, what is it most often used for?" he asked, raising his eye brows to them all waiting for the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Selena looked up when the new student entered the room and shook her head grinning. Luckily, she hadn't been late this time, though it had happened before.
The next question seemed to be an easy one, so Selena raised her hand. "Erm, I think it is usually used to awaken someone from a sleep that has been magically induced." she said, remembering it from her book. "Did I get that right?" she asked Severus in a hushed whisper. Maybe I should have asked him before, she thought sheepishly.
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

"Very good, Miss Winter. Yes, the Wiggenweld Potion is most commonly used to awaken one who has been put into a magically educed slumber. 5 points to Gryffendor," Professor Slughorn explained for the rest of the class in case they didn't hear her answer. "Now, your task this class is to brew this potion. The recipe can be found on page 95 in your books. I will be around to check your work. Let the brewing begin," he said excitedly with a clap as he watched the students begin their assigned work.

(OCC: Reference this SITE for brewing.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jocelyn Immorta Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:46 am

Jocelyn looked at Avalon. "Maybe you should sit somewhere else i don't want to hurt you when i'm letting my cauldron explode." She said unsure of what would happen and obviously Avalon was good at potions. "This is not going to be good." Jocelyn shook her head and looked at her book and then at Avalon. "Are you sure you want to make the potion next to me?" Jocelyn asked for the last time.
Jocelyn Immorta
Jocelyn Immorta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena Snape Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:26 am

A grin broke on her face, when she received the points for her house, glad that she could answer the question correctly. With anewed eagerness, Selena started to prepare the ingredients. The wiggenweld potion included quite a lot of them so it would be better to have them at hand before starting with the brewing process.
Then she began with pouring some salamanderblood into the cauldron till is turned red and then stirred the potions till is was of a bright orange colour. "Alright...so what was the next step..." she muttered under her breath and flipped open her book at the correct page to check instructions once more. She repeated the process of adding the blood twice more, stirring inbetween, so the brew was of a beautiful turquoise. "Nice..." she thought smirking and waved her wand to raise the fire till the colour changed to an indigo and then turned up the heat once more. While waiting for the potion to turn red, Selena leaned against the table and smirked at her boyfriend. "Looks like Gryffindor is catching up to your house, Sev. You should be careful."
Selena Snape
Selena Snape

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:06 am

Regulus closed his book, and smirked. Such an easy potion, he wouldn't even require a book to make it. He brought the ingredients all together, and smiled, as he glanced at the cauldron. He picked up a vial, and poured it into the cauldron. The salamander blood inside turned the substance in the cauldron dark red. Then crimson red. And finally, Scarlet Red. Picking up the stirring spoon, Regulus stirred the liquid, as it slowly turned orange, before adding more salamander blood, to make it yellow. Stirring once again, Regulus witnessed the potion turn greener and greener, until it seemed to hit the perfect Slytherin green. He added a bit more of the salamander blood, ending that vial, and turning the potion into a beautiful turquoise. He proceeded to heat the potion, as it slowly became more purple, eventually reaching the indigo color, and stopping there. He picked up the vial, and shook his head, This vial's done for, he thought, as he poured the last of the salamander blood that vial had to offer onto the cauldron.

Setting the empty vial away, he fetched another one, before carrying on with the potion. The potion was now pink, and Regulus frowned, before starting to heat up the potion. I hate pink... As the potion turned into a red color, Reg added five lionfish spines, heating the potion up. It became yellow, this time a darker yellow than before, and he added five more lionfish spines. Picking up a very small vial, full of flobberworm mucus, he poured the substance onto the cauldron, and the liquid turned purple. Retrieving his stirring spoon from the table, he stirred some more, letting the potion achieve a perfect red. Then, he poured down more of the flobberworm mucus, this time ending the vial, as the potion turned orange. He stirred it more and more, looking at his arm, pretending he had one of those muggle watches. The potion became yellow soon enough, and Regulus slowly shook the cauldron, watching as the potion went back to being orange. He added the drops of honeywater he still had in his possession, and the potion turned turquoise. He heated it, feeling tired of repeating the same processes so many times, and it became pink. Adding salamander blood one last time, and it turned into a bright green.

Finally... Regulus sighed, looking at the cauldron. He glanced at Professor Slughorn for a brief moment, signaling that he was done, before sitting down, and resting his head on his desk, always looking down on his potion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Gamp Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 am

Alexis was relieved when she wasn't scolded for being late. She remembered reading about the potion that was on page 95 in the summer. She always read her school books before the beginning of the year so that she was more familiar with them. Not a nerd per say, simply compensating for a lack of natural talent.

She rose from her seat and went to collect all of the ingredients that the potion required before returning to desk. She remained standing as she set up her cauldron, before referencing the instructions. Adding the salamander blood slowly, Alexis waited for the potion to become red. Taking the stirring stick, she began to stir it until it became orange as described in the text. She poured more of the blood in until the fluid turned yellow. Stirring again, she was glad to see that it turned green in colour. No mistakes yet..

Adding more of the blood, she waited until it changed to turquoise before heating. After it turned to the instructed indigo, the Ravenclaw added even more of the blood until pink. The cauldron was heated again until the potion was red. The girl added five lionfish spines and heated the potion further until it was yellow, before adding a further five lionfish spines. She then crinkles her face at the appearance of the next ingredient, flobberworm mucus, which she added until the potion turned purple. Then she stirred it until it turned red.

Yuck, Alexis thought as she poured even more of the mucus into the cauldron, waiting for it to turn orange. Once it was stirred to yellow, she frowned because she wasn't sure how much more of the repetitive motions her arm could take. That seemed to be the way of potions, though: disgusting ingredients that had to be added over and over again.

She shook the cauldron until it changed to orange once more. She used a dropper to add the honeywater before heating again. The potion turned pink, and she was relieved when she realised that there was only one step left. Adding more salamander blood, her eyes brightened when it turned green. Maybe I didn't stuff it up! she thought.

Taking a step away from her potion she looked at the ingredients that she had collected, but not used. She quickly returned them all to the cupboard, wondering why they were listed before returning to her seat and waiting for the class to be over.
Alexis Gamp
Alexis Gamp
Admin
Admin

House : Ravenclaw

Character sheet
Jobs: Healer - Spell Damage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content