Ties that Bind is moving http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TIES THAT BIND HAS MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE.
http://thetiesthatbindus.jcink.net/index.php
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Have Moved
Ties that Bind has moved to a new home. Please follow this link: Ties That Bind
Twitter

In Search for the Secret Food Room

Go down

In Search for the Secret Food Room Empty In Search for the Secret Food Room

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Having missed breakfast yet again this week, Caradoc decided to use his free period to search for the famous kitchen. He wasn't really sure if he was on the right path or not but at this time of the day, hunger fueled his determination to get some food before his next class.

He knew that the kitchen had to be on the ground floor. He had heard older students mentioning it being close to the Hufflepuff common room, not that had any idea of where the Hufflepuff common room was to begin with. If he actually stop to think about it he'd know that the chances of him finding the kitchens was really small. All his clues were nothing more than rumors and being a Hogwarts meant that they were rarely accurate. The kitchen could be next to the Astronomy tower for some absurd reason, after all Hogwarts rarely made and sense. Caradoc suspected the founders did that to have a laugh at the students, their own privet source of entertainment. Just sit back and laugh as you watch everyone get lost at least once at day(if you had any luck). Caradoc was surprised the first years made it to their classes at all.

He remembered a time when he quite frankly decided not bother with classes at all. "Stupid moving stairs" He muttered still bitter with months of ending up in random corridors. He knew better now and had memorized alternative ways to all his classes without using the blasted stairs. Maybe he should make a diagram, his own gift to the future generations so they can actually get around the school unharmed. His stomach grumbled rather loudly reminding him that he was on a mission.

There was no way he would show up in for Potions not having eaten anything. He might actually pass out from the fumes. He didn't know why he bothered with that class, he was helpless. Maybe he should just get a private tutor during the summer. There might be hope for him yet.

Caradoc pushed himself against the wall and out of view, he'd heard a strange noise and strange noises were never a good sign. "Not Peeves, not Peeves, not Peeves..." He muttered his secret mantra and sneaked a peek around the corner. There was a fruit painting floating in the middle of the corridor.

He really should turn around and walk away, with his luck it was some sort of prank, his stomach however was convinced to take the chance. Caradoc moved toward the painting that had started move closer to the wall but only after a good Mufiato on his shoes to prevent the noise.

Rushing forward he grabbed the frame of the huge painting right before it closed. It was a passage of some sort. In his excitement he yanked the painting open only to stop dead on his tracks. There were people there, people that had turned to see who was the idiot that followed them and that could very well make his Hogwarts days miserable.

Back to top Go down

In Search for the Secret Food Room Empty Re: In Search for the Secret Food Room

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 pm

As Sirius, again having bailed on a class, passed by the corridor, his stomach growled. He chuckled, as he tapped James's back. "I'll catch up later. Food summons me!" he said in a playful manner. Surprisingly, even though he ate all the time, not being able to be compared to Peter though, Sirius was still extremely hungry. His dog instincts were passing on to his human form, it seemed.

He was lucky the elfs down at the kitchen bowed down to Kreacher. But they were much more friendly, so the Marauders had gained friends down there. Of course, what was really irritating, was the Kitchen staff. Two or three squibs that from time to time cleaned up the kitchen or even attempted cooking something. Very bad choice. They were never good at doing such things. Squibs should settle at doing the same Filch did.

Sirius jogged through the halls, until he found the painting he was searching for. And someone nearly ripping it apart. He was about to speak up, when the boy stopped walking, or even speaking for that matter. He ran to him, narrowing his eyes, before putting a strong hand on his shoulder. "Hey, boy," he said, not yet having seen his face, "don't rip the painting apart!" he said with a chuckle, before looking at the squibs. "Oie, don't look at him at that way. I'll have kreacher throw you down from the Astronomy tower." He stated with a grin.

"Oh shut's your mouth's Black, you's cant order's Kreacher around's!" As always, Argus's little race attempted to speak. Some spoke so normally, yet, the grumpy male squibs always spoke differently. "I can't, but my brother can. Want me to call Regulus?" he questioned, narrowing his eyes. The squibs went quiet, as Sirius looked down at the Ravenclaw boy. "Kitchen's open!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Caradoc winced feeling a hand on his shoulder. So much for not being seen. He looked between the people in the room and Black, back and forth. Who is this creature he's talking about? He glanced around making sure it wasn't around to attack him as well and tightened his grip on his wand. He was certain this creature was powerful in order to scare adults and wondered why he had never seen them before.

He thought about sneaking away before someone got angry and started to duel but Black's hand remained on his shoulder. Why were they doing in the kitchen, anyways? Caradoc was about to say something but was cut off by Black's reply. So his Slytherin brother can control this creature and he can't? He was certain that he was missing something in the conversation.

"...right." He muttered not sure if he should his excuse himself and never set a foot in that place again but thought against it. People would think he was scared and he couldn't have that, he had a name to uphold. Determined to get some food and get out he moved forward and into the room making sure to keep as many people in his line of vision as possible without being obvious.

He stopped looking around, he had been curious about the kitchens but it seemed that once again the rumors were exaggerated. He wondered how to go about it as quickly as possible. Wasn't a house elf supposed to come take his order? Caradoc decided to do whatever the Gryffindor did, other than threatening people with homicide at the hands of a family monster. Maybe he should owl his mother, she might know what kind of monster it was, just in case Black gets angry with him in the future. He should probably warn Snape about it as well, it might save the poor guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

As the squibs kept a close eye on the students, but specially Caradoc, since Sirius had spooked them enough, the gryffindor stepped further into the room, feeling the scent of all the food being made. He felt as if his tail was wagging even in his human form. "Godric, I love that smell!" he exclaimed, stretching his back. Even though he didn't eat half as much as he did when he was using his padfoot form, eating on his human form was much more pleasing.

Then, by blinking once, he had already lost track of how many elves were apparatting in and out. Ah, bollocks... he thought, trying to catch sight of the ones he had gotten acquainted with. With a loud pop, Kreacher appeared in front of him, "Kreacher, how...good it is to see you." Sirius said, his tone showing his annoyance. "Kreacher doesn't talk to blood traitors." Kreacher said, tilting his head to the Ravenclaw boy. He growled, rubbing his hands together. Sirius rolled his eyes, with a loud sigh. "You're at the school okay...just, get me some food. I may like speaking with muggle borns, but you serve all Blacks!"

Kreacher mumbled some swears and cursed under his breath, before looking up at Sirius. "Kreacher wants to know what Mr Black wants..." Kreacher said, paying his respects to the Black Family name. "Steak and kidney pudding, a ham sandwich, a glass of butter beer, and a custard tart!" he stated, his stomach growling loudly. Kreacher nodded, his usual grouchy self always making him move slowly. He brought a make shift table to his left, as the painting closed. He brought some chairs, at least 4, but Sirius was more preoccupied with looking at Caradoc than count. He apparated back in front of the two boys, and glanced at the Ravenclaw...

"Kreacher needs to know what you want..." he spat, as Sirius kept a close eye on Caradoc. "Don't be shy, he's rough, but I'm here..." he said, reassuring the younger boy. Sirius didn't exactly know whom that Ravenclaw boy was, but still. He wasn't a Slytherin. And Ravenclaws didn't give Sirius any trouble. Specially if you looked at Morgan as an example. As Sirius looked over at the table, he felt his legs begging for him to sit. Piss off.... he thought, not irritated, but just plain annoyed. He sighed once more, but wanted to wait for what the young boy had to say to Kreacher. His former house elf could be destructive at times...extremely destructive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Creature!? THAT was Creature! Caradoc was highly disappointed. Honestly, what kind of person names a house elf Creature? And why would anyone be afraid of a house elf? He kept a straight face and listened to the conversation, Black didn't seem to like the elf. His eyebrows rose as he heard the elf call Black a blood traitor. Caradoc didn't know that elves could insult their owners. Most of the elves he'd met were extremely nice.

He wasn't sure how one person could eat this much but decided against commenting on it. The grouchy elf decided to acknowledge his present at last. Caradoc couldn't help but think that his mother would've given this elf clothes in a heart beat for lack of decorum. As far as Caradoc knew, Sirius Black was the heir and would become Lord Black, that demanded respect. "A ham sandwich and a glass of butter beer would be lovely, thank you" Caradoc used what he calls 'Pureblood voice', one he often used when his parents wanted to introduce him to important people.

After having ordered Caradoc moved to the table. He didn't want to sit down but it would be rude to just get the food and walk out. "Do you come here often?" He felt the need to start a conversation even if he already knew the answer. Caradoc watched the house elves run around popping in and out of his sight. The adults had decided to stay away from the them but still kept glancing at them for some obscure reason. Caradoc took a seat and waited for Black to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 am

Kreacher kept growling, as if he was cursing the boy and Sirius. As usual, he didn't like being bothered by people who were around Sirius. But he was even more ticked off about his master not being at the school. He was missing Mistress Walburga. But, alas, he had orders and had to fulfill them. It made Sirius chuckle whenever he saw Kreacher being ordered around by him, Andromeda or Lyra. The three he hated the most.

And chuckling was exactly what Sirius did, as he noticed the Ravenclaw boy sit down. Best not lose sight of him. He thought, walking to him and sitting opposite to the Raven. Padfoot looked around, smirking as he felt at ease. Many elves enjoyed the Marauders's company when they were alone. And they knew how to pay someone back for keeping them company. The free food was quite pleasant...

At the sound of Caradoc's question, he titled his head, looking at the boy. "Whenever my stomach calls for food and the great hall seems to be miles away!" he said with a smirk, sitting back in his chair. "I guess you don't come here too often...first time?" Sirius asked, placing his foot on his thigh under the table. 

Not too many kids came by the kitchen. Those who did didn't seem to have the guts to stick around, and visit the elves more often. Not all elves were like Kreacher...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:05 pm

"Yeah, I didn't think I would actually find it" Caradoc smiled. "I thought only house elves worked in the kitchen." He lowered his voice as to keep the conversation between the two. "what are they doing here?" The Ravenclaw glanced towards the other people in the room. He didn't recognize any of them.

His stomach chose that moment to make it's sentiments know and rather loudly. Caradoc blushed. "I'm never skipping breakfast again" He muttered feeling embarrassed. It would be nice if he could talk one of the house elves to leave some food for him on his night stand but he knew that the changes were slim. Caradoc hated to wake up early in order to get breakfast in the Great Hall when he had a free period right after it.

"Wait, shouldn't you be in class?" He realized that everyone should be in class by this time. Maybe Black was missing some pointless class like Divination or History of Magic. Caradoc shrugged not really worried. Anyone would gain more from reading the book that attending those classes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:56 pm

"Squibs..." Sirius growled, as if he was talking about some sort of abomination. However, he didn't consider squibs such thing. Far from it... "Don't take my tone wrong, I have no problem against their race," He explained, glancing around afterwards. Their tone shouldn't be the loudest. They wouldn't want to have problems. Sirius truly didn't want to call Kreacher again. Talking to the elf was more tiring than attending all the classes. "I just think they could be perhaps a bit more friendly with the younger kids. I remember a time a first year nearly got out crying...One thing I like is respect...for everyone. If you can't show respect for everyone, then you don't deserve to be respected! Reason why I don't respect many Slytherins." he finished, with a small sigh.

Sirius then turned his eyes to the boy once more, chuckling slightly. His stomach would do the same anytime soon, "I heard its the most important meal of the day," he stated with a now louder chuckle. Sirius had been hearing a lot more things about muggles lately. Their habits and such. He had actually taken up a common known habit of muggles. Smoking. No one knew he did such thing, but after he learned of what was to come, it calmed him down everytime he set his lips on the tip of any cigar...

"Divination? As if I'm in the mood to look at spheres for an hour..." he answered with a shrug. In fact, he didn't care about many of the classes. He usually only went to D.A.D.A, Charms and CoMC anyway. And he only went to the last one to keep an eye on Bruce...

As his thoughts raced, Kreacher apparated next to the table in a pop. He slid two wooden boards into the table harshly, nodding at Sirius as if a bow wasn't worth it. He disappeared soon enough, as Sirius licked his lips gazing at the food. He grabbed his ham sandwich, and toke a huge bite, before sipping his butter beer. Of course he had to be a little polite, "Dig in," he said only, winking at the younger boy, before going back to his food...His much needed food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Satisfying a fashionable teenager's stylish appetite is never an easy task. This is probably the reason Andromeda spent most of her days at Hogwarts sifting through a large selection of clothes that she deemed inappropriate to wear, based off of her mood. A large majority of her clothes faced an unfortunate doom: being tossed into a pile of discarded apparel and then sent off to be physically deleted from existence. However, this frequent action is always given retribution by Andromeda's great-aunt, Dorea. Since she was the manager of a clothing store, Andromeda was never worried about what she wore because she had a constantly available supply of clothing.

"Why did I even order this?" Andromeda audibly questioned herself as she held an untouched shawl in one of her hands. "Just absolutely gross, that's what it is." She blindly flung the new shawl in a corner, atop a pile of fresh clothes. Her dormitory was specifically tailored to her liking, which of course would have included a large space for wardrobe. Andromeda tore an armful of clothes off their holsters in the closet and dumped them on her bed with a long sigh. "Kreacher," she absently whispered as she tried to push some of the clothes into neater piles. "Kreacher.." Andromeda suddenly caught hint that her house elf wasn't answering her summons. The only reason for this was him being pre-occupied by another master, and Andromeda had already discussed this with him. I'm the highest priority, did he forget? she thought to herself, knowing that Kreacher can distinguish the members' voices. Andromeda tipped quietly to the door to her dormitory and cleared her throat once before speaking. "Kreacher!" she sang rhythmically and assumed that he would definitely obey. When he did not, Andromeda resorted to clearing her throat once more. "KREACHER!" she shrieked in an ear-splitting tone that he would probably physically hear before he sensed it.

Once Kreacher appeared, Andromeda couldn't restrict herself from lunging onto his spiked ear. In her tight grip, Kreacher was dragged across her dormitory and propped against her bed. "Must I remind you of my doctrines? My calls are the highest priority! I hope you comprehend that, I do not want to have to inform you once more," she scolded Kreacher with a disgusted face, "now, what has kept you? Who was utilizing your talents?" Andromeda gave Kreacher the chance to explain himself, which she was more than grateful to hear. After hearing how Sirius exploited Kreacher, Andromeda had to need with any more information. "That's enough, Kreacher. You may return to our home," she interrupted with an oddly twisted face. Sirius, you unappreciative bastard, she thought to herself as she picked up and equipped the woolen sweater that she had a hatred for and headed out of her dormitory.

A few minutes later, Andromeda appeared at the entrance to the kitchens. There was no hesitation in her confrontation with Sirius, so she quickly pushed inside. "Sirius!" she shouted as she feverishly strode toward him and his accomplice. "Who ever granted you permission to abuse poor Kreacher like you have? There was no need for you putrid mistreatment when he isn't even yours to command!" Andromeda was stuck between anger and confusion, but of course, her anger was most likely going to prevail in the end. She waited for an explanation for Sirius' action when she realized he was sitting with someone. Just to show off, really? she asked herself and narrowed her eyes at the two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 pm

"What am going to do?" Iver whispered in the corner of the pantry. She was only looking for another apple when Andromeda bursted into the kitchen. They would find her, she was certain of it. How would she explain that? It would ruin her.. everyone already thought she was crazy. Merde, she thought to herself. All Iver wanted to do was burst out of the double doors and run until she was sure they were gone. She was certain she could at least sneak past them. They, like her, had so much more to worry about. I can do this she thought to herself but immediately decided against it. She would much rather watch it all play out. Iver cautiously bit into an apple she found and began to enjoy the series of events about to play out in front of her. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:59 pm

"I heard its the most important meal of the day," Caradoc heard Sirius chucke feeling even more embarrassed. "But sleep is still more important" he offered as a means to continue the conversation.

Honestly, why would anyone bother with Divination? "I don't understand why the class exists. If you need to learn divination you are not a Seer. If you don't have the gift, there is no point in taking a class like that. It's just a waste of time." He rested his head against the back of his chair. "It's not like after taking that class you'll suddenly develop the sight, everyone knows Seers are born like that, it can't be taught" Not that he understood why anyone would want that. He preferred to think that he had some control over his life, prophecies be damned.

The grumpy elf disappeared quickly after delivering the food as if he was offended to be in the same room as the two. "I don't think I've ever seen a house elf like that" He shook his head not wanting to insult the creature in case it offended the Gryffindor. Perhaps if it had been named differently the elf would be nicer. Caradoc wondered if a name had any affect in the personality of a house elf or if it was just a coincidence. He smiled at the prospect of having another research to occupy his time.

Caradoc took a bite of his sandwich. His mind racing, on possible hypothesis as to why a name would and wouldn't affect rational creatures. The idea of it affecting even wizards and witches making him even more excited. "Say, is everyone in your family names after stars?" He asked the Gryffindor in front of him. "Is there a particular reason for it?" He was being nosy, he knew, but it was for the sake of research. He wanted to know if his family believed that by naming the child a certain way it would affect the child and make them grow up differently.

Caradoc's musings were interrupted by someone shouting for Black. He managed to disguise his surprise by taking a sip of his pumpkin juice. The person in question being Sirius cousin, Andromeda Black. Maybe he could ask her how she felt about her name. She was shouting about the elf, clearly angry. Caradoc didn't understand why, all the elf did was bring them food, isn't it what all elves do? Then she decided to narrow her eyes at him. He wanted to scoff, she needed to work on her intimidation tactics if she wanted that look to work. Caradoc chose to raise an eyebrow in her direction, showing his amusement and letting the years of etiquette his mother had thought him show he settled his cup on the table before speaking. "Would you like to join us?" He motioned to the empty seat to his left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Sirius completely agreed with Caradoc's words. Divination was unnecessary. Truly  a waste of time. In reality, Sirius just figured Dumbledore did someone a favor in letting such class remain active. Professor Solomon probably begged him to let her teach it. Sirius specially hated the fact the class was closed back when he entered hogwarts. No one noticed it, and it was fine that way. They just had to change it and add one more class. Well, like a true marauder, Sirius wasn't gonna follow the rules!

At the sound of Caradoc's question about the name of the members of the house of Black, Sirius smirked. He wasn't the best one to be asked about that. He really didn't have the slightest idea as to why the Black family had so many people named after stars. He didn't even know half of those who were actually named after stars. He knew he was. And so was his father. But other than that, he really didn't care about it. Andromeda was probably the best one to talk to about it. She knew all about their family. It amazed Sirius at times.

"Well," he started, chuckling while shaking his head. "There's me...my father..." and as soon as he started, he was interrupted. Well great...that voice. He said, before casting his eyes at his cousin. He rubbed his temples, with his index and middle fingers with a grin. "You make it sound as if I forced him to carry a boulder through the forest of dean woman!" he responded, shrugging.

"I simply asked him for food...and he complied. Plus, I'm still a Black, even though Walburga blasted me off the tree!" He answered once more, the last sentence with a hint of both hate and amusement. As Caradoc asked Andromeda to join them, Sirius snorted. Her temper was fierce, but he really was in no mood to get yelled at. He'd probably end up ignoring her yells...Her always loud yells. Only bad thing about her was that her temper reminded Sirius too much of Walburga. Still, she was still the one who entertained him the most when it came to his whole family. Well, if James's position in the family was ignored of course.

"Yes, Andro, join us. I can call Ted if you want me to..." Sirius smirked, taking another huge bite of his sandwich. He glanced back at Andromeda, only being able to chuckle internally. He missed the times she got cross with him. Deep down, it made him happy to know someone from his family could fight with him, yet, stay by his side...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down